UGC NET Yoga Exam 2023: If you have completed a master’s degree in Yoga and looking for a better career option, you can go for the UGC NET 2023 Exam.
After clearing the exam, you can start your career as a JRF or Assistant Professor. So, you must know about the details of the UGC NET Yoga Exam 2023.
In this article, we have covered a detailed guide on UGC NET Yoga Exam 2023. You can also learn about the latest Yoga Syllabus, Study Materials, and preparation Tips to crack the exam.
Why Choose UGC NET Yoga?
UGC NET exam is quite popular among many postgraduate students. Before starting the complete guide, you should know why to select UGC NET Yoga and a list of other Career Scopes.
Yoga was started as a subject in UGC NET in the January 2017 exam, and around 4500 students appeared for the exam.
You will get a chance to get hired through this exam in various National Universities, such as IITs and other reputed organizations, for the position of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
If you go for the lectureship profile then you will get an excellent starting salary package, and the research fellows get an attractive stipend through the UGC NET Scholarship program.
Apart from these two profiles, you will get multiple job opportunities after passing the UGC NET Yoga 2023 Exam.
You are not confined to opting for the Research and Lectureship program after qualifying for the exam, instead, there are many other options as well. Such as:
- Clinical Psychologist
- Therapist and Instructor
- Neuropathy Specialist
- Trainer/Instructors in Health Clubs
- Aerobics Instructor
- Research Officer
UGC NET Yoga Eligibility Criteria 2023
You must check the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria for Yoga before filling out the online Application Form. Make sure that you have met all essential criteria as mentioned in Educational Qualification & Age Limit.
Educational Qualification for UGC NET Yoga Exam 2023
- You have to complete Post-Graduation in Yoga or another equivalent subject.
- If you are belonging to General Category, then you have to secure 55% in Yoga or equivalent subject, and for ST/SC/OBC/PWD/Transgenders, the percentage criteria are 50%.
UGC NET Yoga Exam Age Limit 2023
- For UGC NET Yoga JRF: 30 Years for General Category & Up to 5 Years of Age Relaxation in Other Categories.
- For UGC NET Yoga Lectureship: No Upper Age Limit for NET Exam 2023 Yoga Lectureship.
UGC NET Yoga Syllabus 2023
In the UGC NET Yoga Syllabus, you will find the topics covered in the exam. You should know that the UGC NET Yoga exam has two papers i.e., UGC NET Paper 1 & Paper 2.
UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus is common for all candidates, but Paper 2 is based on Yoga.
- The paper-I Syllabus covers teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- Paper-II Syllabus is based on the Yoga subject. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
For your upcoming exam, you must go through the UGC NET Syllabus for Yoga. So don’t miss out on anything.
UGC NET Yoga Syllabus for Paper 1
Here is the UGC NET Yoga Exam Syllabus for Paper 1-
|Unit 1||Teaching Aptitude|
|Unit 2||Research Aptitude|
|Unit 3||Reading Comprehension|
|Unit 5||Reasoning (including Maths)|
|Unit 6||Logical Reasoning|
|Unit 7||Data Interpretation|
|Unit 8||Information & Communication Technology (ICT)|
|Unit 9||People & Environment|
Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration
UGC NET Yoga Syllabus for Paper 2
The University Grants Commission (UGC) NET revised its syllabus for UGC NET in Yoga in June 2019 and the same syllabus will be applicable for the upcoming UGC NET / JRF and SET or SLET examination.
The details of the syllabus of Paper-2 can be downloaded in pdf format from the following link:
UGC NET Yoga Exam Pattern 2023
UGC NET Exam is a computer-based test having multiple-choice questions. UGC NET 2023 Exam pattern will have a question pattern & details about UGC NET 2023. You will also find the number of questions asked, sections, marking scheme, and more.
Check out the table below for a quick overview of the NTA NET Yoga paper pattern:
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
UGC NET Yoga Old Exam Pattern
You should know that till November 2017, UGC NET in Yoga consists of three papers, i.e. paper-1, paper-2, and paper-3. Paper-1 was general and compulsory for all subjects, and paper-2 and paper-3 were based on Yoga.
However, from June 2018, UGC NET in Yoga consists of only two papers, i.e. paper-1 and paper-2 (merging the previous paper-2 and paper-3 into the current paper-2).
So, you are requested to go through the previous paper-2 and paper-3 to better prepare yourself for the current paper-2 in Yoga.
UGC NET examination in Yoga was conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) till June 2014. From December 2014 to June 2018 UGC NET exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
NTA started to conduct the exam from Dec. 2018 onwards.
UGC NET Yoga Previous Year Question Papers With Solutions
Previous Year Question Papers are one of the essential study materials for the UGC NET Yoga 2023 Exam preparation.
After practising the questions from past year’s question papers, you will get a clear idea of the questions asked in UGC NET, the tricks involved, topic-wise marks distribution, etc.
By solving multiple question papers, you can build high confidence and better time management to enhance your performance.
It will also give you an idea of the probable questions for the upcoming exam while analyzing the pattern of the appeared questions.
When you go through the past year’s question papers for UGC NET, you will figure out the important topics and how you must revise them.
It will save time in the long run and keep you focused.
UGC NET Yoga answer key 2023
National Testing Agency releases the UGC NET Yoga answer key online at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. You can download the UGC NET answer key 2023 with the Question Paper and Response Sheet from the direct link given below. Get here complete details for the UGC NET answer key including the process to download the answer key, objection process, marking scheme, and other information.
In order to download the UGC NET Yoga answer key, login with your application number and either date of birth or password. The conducting body first publishes the provisional answer key followed by the final answer key.
Candidates who appeared for the UGC NET 2023 Yoga exam can download the provisional answer key now and submit objections if they are not satisfied with any answer or question. UGC NET result is prepared based on the final answer key. To challenge the UGC NET answer key for Yoga, candidates need to pay a fee of INR 1,000 per challenge.
How to download UGC NET Yoga answer key 2023?
- Step 1: Log on to the official website of NTA UGC NET – https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on the answer key link available for the UGC NET exam
- Step 3: Click on any one of the login links:
- Through the application number and password
- Through application number and date of birth
- Step 4: Enter the following details:
- Application number
- Date of birth or password
- Security pin as shown on the screen
- Step 5: Click on the Sign In button
- Step 6: Download the UGC NET answer key, response sheet and question paper
Best Books For UGC NET Yoga & Study Materials
Make sure that you have started your Yoga Exam preparation with high-quality UGC NET study materials. It will help you to develop a depth base easily and clear concepts on all topics.
You already know that to prepare for any exam one of the topmost tools is reference books. They offer all the insights related to the subject one is about to start.
UGC NET, there are a lot of books available in the market. But you should select wisely and buy the best books. The right preparation book at the right time of preparation can be helpful to crack the exam.
Selecting the proper books for any subject is a kind of confusing task. First, you need to check the topics covered by the book. Then, make sure that it has covered the latest UGC NET Yoga Syllabus.
You can also refer to the UGC NET Books for Yoga Exam from the below link:
UGC NET Yoga Mock Test
After completing the syllabus and solving multiple previous year papers, it’s time to appear for Yoga NET UGC mock tests.
Mock tests help you revise the entire syllabus in the simulated setting of the actual exam. This way, you remember what you have learned and thus perform well on the final day.
Most of the mock test series are designed in a way that shows you the mirror. Thereby, it is strongly recommended that you know where you stand and how much effort you need to put in.
It also helps overcome the exam’s phobias, such as over-excitement or nervousness in the exam. The more test you’ll take, the better you’ll understand your strong and weak areas.
Through mock tests, you also get the opportunity to solve every question with a positive attitude. This way, you can also remember what you have learned and perform well in the actual exam.
UGC NET Yoga Exam Cut Off Marks
NTA releases the UGC NET Yoga Cut Off marks after the declaration of results.
You have to obtain the minimum cut-off marks to get selected for the merit list. The merit list will be prepared category-wise and subject-wise for each subject.
Only the top 6% qualified candidates will be considered for the Junior Research Fellowship program.
NTA UGC NET Yoga Preparation Tips
You already know that when you are preparing for NTA UGC NET Yoga Exams, it’s a milestone that needs to be achieved.
With a proper study plan and essential materials, you can score a better mark in the NTA UGC NET Yoga Exam.
We are providing the complete guide below to enhance your UGC NET 2023 Exam preparation.
- You need to know the syllabus to get a better idea about the topics covered and make a much better strategy to prepare for NTA UGC NET Yoga.
- You must analyze the pattern of the questions and the relative weightage of the topics in the UGC NET previous years’ papers.
- Create a study plan thoroughly and ensure your plan contains enough time for revision and relaxation.
- Make notes while studying for a quick review of concepts.
- You have to revise as many times as possible to recollect the information easily on the day of the exam.
- Try different types of questions to develop a better understanding as well as the application of the concept.
- You must practice multiple UGC NET past years’ question papers to get a clear idea of what to expect during the actual exam and avoid any surprise on the last day.
- Appearing for mock tests helps you to know the stand concerning your preparation.
- Practice managing your time so you will not miss studying specific topics.
- Build a strong determination to stick to the study schedule after creation to break your chances at the examination center.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Yoga Exam 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.