UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus 2023: National Eligibility Test known as UGC NET is conducted twice a year for the selection of deserving candidates for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian Govt. Universities and Colleges.
To prepare for the Social Medicine and Community Health NET exam, you must know the complete NTA UGC NET Syllabus 2023 for Social Medicine and Community Health.
Here we have provided the latest UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus 2023 in Hindi and English.
UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus 2023
National Testing Agency (NTA) releases the UGC NET syllabus along with the latest notification.
However, since the UGC NET syllabus for both paper-I and -II was revised by NTA in June 2019, no changes are likely to be made to this year’s NET syllabus.
The subject code for UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health is 81. It comprises two online papers namely Paper-I & Paper-II with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)s.
- UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Paper 1 Syllabus tests teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Paper 2 Syllabus is based on Social Medicine and Community Health. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
To crack the NET exam, you must know the syllabus for both the papers and mark the important topics & sub-topics to start your preparation.
UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus For Paper I 2023
UGC NET Syllabus for Social Medicine and Community Health Paper I tests the reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Paper I syllabus will have 50 questions worth 100 marks. The The Paper I syllabus has 10 units, and precisely 5 questions will be asked from each unit.
Go through the exam pattern of the UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Paper 1 syllabus mentioned below:
|Part I: Teaching Aptitude||5||10|
|Part II: Research Aptitude||5||10|
|Part III: Reading Comprehension||5||10|
|Part IV: Communication||5||10|
|Part V: Reasoning (including Maths)||5||10|
|Part VI: Logical Reasoning||5||10|
|Part VII: Data Interpretation||5||10|
|Part VIII: Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||5||10|
|Part IX: People & Environment||5||10|
|Part X: Higher Social Medicine and Community Health System: Governance, Polity & Administration||5||10|
UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus For Paper II 2023 In English
Here you can check the latest UGC NET Syllabus For Social Medicine and Community Health Paper-II 22 in English.
Unit-I: Evolution and Basic Concepts of Public Health/ Social Medicine and Community Health
- History of Social Medicine and Community Health
- History of Public Health and Its Milestones
- Comprehensive Health Care
- Social Development and Health
- Dimensions and Determinants of Health
- Concepts and Indicators of Health and Wellbeing
- Natural History of Disease
- Levels of Prevention
- Globalisation and Its Impact on Health
- Roles and Responsibility of State, Community and Private Sector in Health
Unit-II: Evolution of Health Policies and Health Services in India
- Health Committees and Development of Health Services in Independent India
- Constitutional Provisions, Federal Structure and Social Security
- National Health Policies (1983, 2002, 2017), Population Policy, Nutrition Policy,
- Policy on Indian Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy, 2002
- Important Health Legislations in India
- Health Infrastructure in India—Public, Private, and Charitable, Public-Private Partnership(PPP)
- Health financing and Health insurance, Out of Pocket expenditure
- Civil society and Social Movements in Health
Unit-III: General Epidemiology and Bio-statistics
- Basic concepts and definitions in Epidemiology
- Types of epidemiology
- Uses of epidemiology
- Measurements in epidemiology
- Screening and surveillance
- Validity of Screening and Diagnostic tests
- Causation, Association and Biases
- Investigation of an epidemic
- Basic concepts in Biostatistics
- Types of data and data sources for Public Health
- Sampling techniques and sample size estimation
- Probability and Tests of significance
- Data analysis, presentation and interpretation
Unit-IV: Social Sciences and Health
- Definition, Scope, Concepts and Significance of Social, Economic, Cultural and Behavioral factors on Health and Disease
- Social Theories of Causation of Disease
- Implications of Social Structure and Socioeconomic Status for Health
- Political and Economic Aspects of Health
- Health Perceptions and Behavior
- Health Economics
- Qualitative Research Methodology
- Social Work Approach in Health Care
Unit-V: Epidemiology of Common Health Problems In India and National Health Programmes
- Communicable Diseases—Common, Emerging and Re-emerging diseases, Hospital-acquired infections, Antimicrobial resistance
- Non-Communicable Diseases—Cardio-vascular diseases, Diabetes, Cancers, Rheumatic heart disease, Blindness, Mental Health, Occupational Diseases, Genetic diseases
- Accidents, Injuries and Disasters
- All National Health Programs and data sources.
Unit-VI: Basic Determinants of Health
- Environment and Health
- Water and sanitation
- Environmental pollution and health impacts
- Built environment and Housing
- Climate change and impact on health
- Waste management
- Hospital waste management
- Ecology of malnutrition
- Assessment of Nutritional status
- Nutritional diseases and their management
- Food and nutrition security and related legislations
- National Nutrition programs
- Socio-cultural aspects of nutrition
- Food safety, Food standards and related legislations
- Social determinants of Health
Unit-VII: Demography, Family Welfare and RCH
- Demography and Family Planning
- Definition, concepts and indicators related to demography and family planning
- Demographic cycle
- Size, composition and distribution of India’s population
- Approaches and methods of contraception
- Evolution of National Family Welfare Program
- Social issues related to Family Planning
- Felt need and unmet need in Family planning
- Social marketing in family planning
- Counselling in Family planning
- PC and PNDT Act-1994
- MTP Act 1971
- Reproductive and Child Health
- Evolution of Maternal/ Reproductive and child health programs
- Safe motherhood and essential newborn care with related schemes and programs
- Gender issues in women’s health
- Major health problems of children in India and related National Health Programs
- Adolescent health and related schemes and programs
- Rights of the child and related schemes and Programs
- School Health Programme
Unit-VIII: Health Education/ IEC/ BCC and Information Technology in Health
- Concepts, objectives and approaches of health education
- Methods, modes and barriers of communication
- Planning, Management and Organization of health education programs
- E-medicine, Distance education and associated legal issues
- Role of media in Health Education
- E-Health and m Health
Unit-IX: Health Systems Research, Planning and Management and Recent Advances in Public Health
- Health planning and management
- Health systems research- Operations Research, System analysis, Health Technology Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Health Management Information System
- Medical and Social Audits
- Health teams and their management
- Human Resources in Health
- Role of Ayush in local Health traditions
- Health policy studies
- Quality assessment of Health Services- parameters and standards
- Ethics in Health Care
- National Institutes of Public Health Research and Training
Unit-X: International Health
- Health problems of developed and developing countries
- Health problems of South East Asia region
- International agencies in Health
- Health for All approaches- Primary Health Care (1978) to Universal Health Coverage
- Millennium Development Goals (MDG) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus For Paper II 2023 In Hindi
Here you can check some important topics of the UGC NET Syllabus For Social Medicine and Community Health Paper-II 22 In Hindi.
Here you can check the latest NTA NET Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus 2023 for Paper II in Hindi Medium:
UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Old Syllabus
The UGC NET examination old syllabus which was applicable till December 2018 can be downloaded in pdf format from the following link.
Kindly note that this syllabus is considered outdated and is now not applicable for the upcoming UGC NET examination in Social Medicine and Community Health.
You can use it only for your reference purpose.
Other Important Study Materials for UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health
You should have the following study materials to boost your exam preparation for the NTA UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Exam.
Click on the link to access other important notes related to the UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Exam.
- UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
- UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Books 2023
- UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health answer key 2023
- UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Previous Year Question Papers With Solutions
- UGC NET Exam Pattern
- UGC NET Mock Test
- UGC NET Cut off
- UGC NET Preparation Tips
UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Exam Pattern 2023
UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Exam have two papers, i.e., Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Here you can know the facts about UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Exam 2023
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||Social Medicine and Community Health and Hindi||Social Medicine and Community Health and Hindi|
Important Points About UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Exam Pattern:
- The Test will have two papers. Both papers will consist of objective-type, multiple-choice questions.
- There will be no break between papers.
- you will get 2 marks for each correct response,
- There is no negative marking for an incorrect response.
- No marks will be given for questions Unanswered.
- If a question is found to be incorrect/ambiguous during the critical challenge, only those candidates who have attempted the question and chosen one of the correct answers would be given credit. Only for dropped question(s), if any, marks will be given to all the candidates.
Benefits Of the Latest UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus 2023
For any preparation to be successful, knowing the syllabus and exam pattern is essential. You can definitely score more with the proper use of the UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus.
Some notable benefits from the new UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health 22 Syllabus are as below:
- UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus cover all topics that are important for the examinations.
- UGC NET Syllabus for Social Medicine and Community Health also mentions the weightage allotted to different units and chapters, knowing which you may form a strategy for preparing for chapters with high or low weightage.
- The question paper format is also explained in the syllabus.
- Having a clear understanding of your syllabus and the weightage of various sections will definitely help you decide how much time you should dedicate to each section.
- Generally, the exam papers for each course are designed as per the syllabus prescribed for that course.
- So, preparing according to the topic and instructions mentioned in the syllabus obviously helps to crack the exam with good scores.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.