UGC NET Punjabi Exam 2023: UGC NET is a national-level entrance test that will be organized by NTA. Through the UGC NET exam, the eligibility will be determined for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) & Assistant Professor and for Assistant Professor only.
If you want to start your career in Punjabi as a JRF or Assistant Professor, you should go for the UGC NET 2023 Exam.
It gives you a chance to start your career as a JRF or Assistant Professor. So, you must know about the details of the NET Punjabi Exam 2023.
In this article, you will get a detailed guide on UGC NET Punjabi Exam 2023. And, also detailed Syllabus, Study Material, & Preparation Tips to crack the exam.
Why Choose UGC NET Punjabi?
UGC NET exam is quite popular among many postgraduate students. With these career options as JRF & Lectureship, you will also get the other scopes and opportunities offered by various prestigious organizations.
The following list will help you know the amazing career scopes available after clearing UGC NET Punjabi Exam.
- Researcher in government institutes with advantages like many wonderful Scholarships & Fellowships offered by UGC to financially smoothen your journey.
- Doctorate degree in Punjabi
- Lecturer in any of the UGC Approved Universities.
- Counsellor by developing your expertise in Punjabi
- Government jobs
UGC NET Punjabi Eligibility Criteria 2023
You must check the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria for Punjabi before filling out the online Application Form.
You should meet all essential criteria as mentioned in Educational Qualification & Age Limit.
- You have to complete Post-Graduation in Punjabi or another equivalent subject.
- If you belong to General Category, you have to secure 55% in Punjabi or an equivalent subject, and for ST/SC/OBC/PWD/Transgenders, the percentage criteria are 50%.
Age Limit 2023
- For Punjabi JRF: 30 Years for the General Category & Up to 5 Years of Age Relaxation in Other Categories.
- For Punjabi Lectureship: No Upper Age Limit for NET Exam 2023 Punjabi Lectureship.
UGC NET Punjabi Syllabus 2023
UGC NET Punjabi Syllabus lets you know about the topics covered in the exam. You should know that the UGC NET Punjabi exam is divided into two parts, i.e., UGC NET Paper 1 & Paper 2.
UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus is common for all candidates, but paper 2 is based on Punjabi.
- Paper-I Syllabus covers teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- Paper-II Syllabus is based on Punjabi subject. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
For your upcoming exam, you must go through the UGC NET Syllabus for Punjabi. So don’t miss out on anything.
UGC NET Punjabi Syllabus for Paper 1
Here is the UGC NET Punjabi Exam Syllabus for Paper 1-
|Unit 1||Teaching Aptitude|
|Unit 2||Research Aptitude|
|Unit 3||Reading Comprehension|
|Unit 5||Reasoning (including Maths)|
|Unit 6||Logical Reasoning|
|Unit 7||Data Interpretation|
|Unit 8||Information & Communication Technology (ICT)|
|Unit 9||People & Environment|
Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration
UGC NET Punjabi Syllabus for Paper 2
The University Grants Commission (UGC) NET revised its syllabus for UGC NET in Punjabi in June 2019 and the same syllabus will be applicable for the upcoming UGC NET / JRF and SET or SLET examination.
The details of the syllabus of Paper 2 can be downloaded in pdf format from the following link:
UGC NET Punjabi Exam Pattern 2023
UGC NET Exam is a computer-based test having multiple-choice questions. UGC NET 2023 Exam pattern will consist of details related to the UGC NET 2023 Exam mode, the number of questions asked, sections, marking scheme, and more.
Check out the table below for a quick overview of the NTA NET Punjabi paper pattern:
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||Punjabi|
UGC NET Punjabi Old Exam Pattern
You should know that till November 2017, UGC NET in Punjabi consists of three papers, i.e. paper-1, paper-2 and paper-3. Paper-1 was general and compulsory for all subjects, and paper-2 and paper-3 were based on Punjabi.
However, from June 2018, UGC NET in Punjabi consists of only two papers, i.e. paper-1 and paper-2 (merging the previous paper-2 and paper-3 into the current paper-2).
So, you are requested to go through the previous Paper 2 and Paper 3 to better prepare yourself for the current Paper 2 in Punjabi.
UGC NET examination in Punjabi was conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) till June 2014. From December 2014 to June 2018 UGC NET exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
NTA started to conduct the exam from Dec. 2018 onwards.
UGC NET Punjabi Previous Year Question Papers With Solutions
Previous Year Question Papers are one of the best study materials for the UGC NET Punjabi 2023 Exam.
Solving previous year question papers helps you to revise the syllabus easily. No matter how much you think you have learned unless you practice it, you won’t have an idea of how much learning you have retained.
As retention is vital to performing well in the exams, the previous year papers will give you an idea of how much retention is there and how far ahead you still need to go.
When you go through the past year’s question papers for UGC NET, you will figure out the important topics and how you must revise them.
It will save time in the long run and keep you focused.
UGC NET Punjabi answer key 2023
National Testing Agency releases the Punjabi answer key online at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. You can download the UGC NET answer key 2023 with Question Paper and Response Sheet from the direct link given below.
Get here complete details for the UGC NET answer key including the process to download the answer key, objection process, marking scheme, and other information.
In order to download the UGC NET Punjabi answer key, log in with your application number and either your date of birth or password. The conducting body first publishes the provisional answer key followed by the final answer key.
Candidates who appeared for the UGC NET 2023 Punjabi exam can download the provisional answer key now and submit objections if they are not satisfied with any answer or question. UGC NET result is prepared based on the final answer key. For challenging the UGC NET answer key for Punjabi, candidates need to pay a fee of INR 1,000 per challenge.
How to download UGC NET Punjabi answer key 2023?
- Step 1: Log on to the official website of NTA UGC NET – https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on the answer key link available for the UGC NET exam
- Step 3: Click on any one of the login links:
- Through the application number and password
- Through application number and date of birth
- Step 4: Enter the following details:
- Application number
- Date of birth or password
- Security pin as shown on the screen
- Step 5: Click on the Sign In button
- Step 6: Download the UGC NET answer key, response sheet and question paper
Best Books For UGC NET Punjabi & Study Materials
It is important to start your Punjabi Exam preparation with high-quality UGC NET study materials. It will assist you in learning fundamental concepts easily and developing a depth base.
Using the best reference book for UGC NET Punjabi not only helps to clear the NET exam but also helps in qualifying for the national level other entrance tests.
If you are aiming for the UGC NET Punjabi exams then you have to be good in the Punjabi Language.
You have to be thorough with the UGC NET Punjabi books at least 5 months before the exams. Keep ample time to revise with the help of the best reference books for Punjabi.
You can also refer to the UGC NET Books for Punjabi Exam from the below link:
UGC NET Punjabi Mock Test
You still have some time to prepare for your NET Punjabi UGC Exam 2023, and the best way to utilize your time is by appearing for Punjabi NET UGC mock tests.
With mock tests, you get familiarized with the actual exam scenario. These practice tests are conducted under-stimulated conditions to evaluate your knowledge of yourself. Therefore, you should take this test seriously.
It also helps overcome the exam’s phobias, such as over-excitement or nervousness in the exam. The more test you’ll take, the better you’ll understand your strong and weak areas.
Through mock tests, you also get the opportunity to solve every question with a positive attitude. This way, you can also remember what you have learned and perform well in the actual exam.
NTA UGC NET Punjabi Exam Cut Off Marks
NTA releases the UGC NET Punjabi Cut Off marks after the declaration of results.
You have to obtain the minimum cut-off marks to get selected for the merit list. The merit list will be prepared category-wise and subject-wise for each subject.
Only the top 6% qualified candidates will be considered for the Junior Research Fellowship program.
Go through the UGC NET cut-off for Punjabi Paper 2020 from the table below (official) to get an idea for this year.
NTA UGC NET Punjabi Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June
|Punjabi Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
NTA UGC NET Punjabi Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June
|Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
NTA UGC NET Punjabi Preparation Tips
You already know that when you are preparing for UGC NET Punjabi Exams, it’s a milestone that needs to be achieved.
With a proper study plan and essential materials, you can score a better mark in the UGC NET Punjabi Exam.
We are providing the complete guide below to enhance your UGC NET 2023 Exam preparation.
- Understand the syllabus to better understand the topics covered and make a much better strategy to prepare for UGC NET Punjabi.
- Analyze the pattern of the questions and the relative weightage of the topics in the UGC NET previous years’ papers.
- Make a solid study plan and ensure enough time for revision and relaxation.
- Make notes while studying for a quick review of concepts.
- Revise as many times as possible to recollect the information easily on the day of the exam.
- Practice multiple UGC NET past years’ question papers to get a clear idea of what to expect during the actual exam and avoids any surprise on the last day.
- Appearing for mock tests help you to know the stand concerning your preparation.
- Practice managing your time so you will not miss studying specific topics.
- Stick to the study schedule after creation to break your chances at the examination centre.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Punjabi Exam 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.