UGC NET Prakrit Exam 2023: If you want to start your career as a JRF or Assistant Professor in Prakrit, you should go for the UGC NET 2023 Exam.
It gives you a chance to start your career as a JRF or Assistant Professor. So, you must know about the details of the NET Prakrit Exam 2023.
In this article, you will get a detailed guide on UGC NET Prakrit Exam 2023. And, also detailed Syllabus, Study Material, & Preparation Tips to crack the exam.
Why Choose UGC NET Prakrit?
UGC NET exam is quite popular among many postgraduate students. The UGC NET exams are taken by lakhs of students every year, and the UGC NET results reflect their fundamental knowledge and skills.
After passing the exam, you can start your career options as JRF & Lectureship. You will also get the other scopes and opportunities offered by various prestigious organizations.
The following list will help you know the amazing career scopes available after clearing UGC NET Prakrit Exam.
- Researcher in government institutes with advantages like many wonderful Scholarships & Fellowships offered by UGC to financially smoothen your journey.
- Doctorate degree in Prakrit
- Lecturer in any of the UGC Approved Universities.
- Counsellor by developing your expertise in Prakrit
- Government jobs
UGC NET Prakrit Eligibility Criteria 2023
You must check the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria for Prakrit before filling out the online Application Form.
You should meet all essential criteria as mentioned in Educational Qualification & Age Limit.
Educational Qualification for UGC NET Exam 2023
- You have to complete Post-Graduation in Prakrit or another equivalent subject.
- If you belong to General Category, you have to secure 55% in Prakrit or equivalent subject, and for ST/SC/OBC/PWD/Transgenders, the percentage criteria are 50%.
UGC NET Exam Age Limit 2023
- For JRF: 30 Years for the General Category & Up to 5 Years of Age Relaxation in Other Categories.
- For Lectureship: No Upper Age Limit for NET Exam 2023 Prakrit Lectureship.
UGC NET Prakrit Syllabus 2023
UGC NET Prakrit Syllabus lets you know about the topics covered in the exam. You should know that the UGC NET Prakrit exam is divided into two parts, i.e., UGC NET Paper 1 & Paper 2.
UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus is common for all candidates, but paper 2 is based on Prakrit.
- Paper-I Syllabus covers teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- Paper-II Syllabus is based on Prakrit subject. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
For your upcoming exam, you must go through the UGC NET Syllabus for Prakrit. So don’t miss out on anything.
UGC NET Prakrit Syllabus for Paper 1
Here is the UGC NET Prakrit Exam Syllabus for Paper 1-
|Unit 1||Teaching Aptitude|
|Unit 2||Research Aptitude|
|Unit 3||Reading Comprehension|
|Unit 5||Reasoning (including Maths)|
|Unit 6||Logical Reasoning|
|Unit 7||Data Interpretation|
|Unit 8||Information & Communication Technology (ICT)|
|Unit 9||People & Environment|
Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration
UGC NET Prakrit Syllabus for Paper 2
The University Grants Commission (UGC) NET revised its syllabus for UGC NET in Prakrit in June 2019 and the same syllabus will be applicable for the upcoming UGC NET / JRF and SET or SLET examination.
The details of the syllabus of Paper 2 can be downloaded in pdf format from the following link:
UGC NET Prakrit Exam Pattern 2023
UGC NET Exam is a computer-based test having multiple-choice questions. UGC NET 2023 Exam pattern will consist of details related to the UGC NET 2023 Exam mode, the number of questions asked, sections, marking scheme, and more.
Check out the table below for a quick overview of the NTA NET Prakrit paper pattern:
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
UGC NET Prakrit Old Exam Pattern
You should know that till November 2017, UGC NET in Prakrit consists of three papers, i.e. paper-1, paper-2 and paper-3. Paper-1 was general and compulsory for all subjects, and paper-2 and paper-3 were based on Prakrit.
However, from June 2018, UGC NET in Prakrit consists of only two papers, i.e. paper-1 and paper-2 (merging the previous paper-2 and paper-3 into the current paper-2).
So, you are requested to go through the previous Paper 2 and Paper 3 to better prepare yourself for the current Paper 2 in Prakrit.
UGC NET examination in Prakrit was conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) till June 2014. From December 2014 to June 2018 UGC NET exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
NTA started to conduct the exam from Dec. 2018 onwards.
UGC NET Prakrit Previous Year Question Papers With Solutions
Previous Year Question Papers are one of the best study materials for the NET Prakrit 2023 Exam.
By solving this previous year question paper, You understand the exam pattern, weightage of questions and difficulty level of the paper. Solving these NET Prakrit papers will also boost your confidence level of the You.
Benefits of Solving UGC NET Prakrit Previous Year Question Paper
Solving previous year papers adds to various advantages for You. Some of them are listed below:
- You get an idea of what types of questions are asked in the exam.
- You get well-versed with the question paper pattern and marking scheme.
- By solving the previous year papers, You can easily analyse your preparation level. You get to know your strong and weak points. By working on them You can improve your performance and increase your scores.
- You can efficiently manage the time during the exam. This helps You in completing the entire paper on time.
- Some of the questions may be repeated in the exam from the previous year papers. So, it helps you to write the answer quickly during the exam as You have already through them.
UGC NET Prakrit answer key 2023
National Testing Agency releases the Prakrit answer key online at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. You can download the UGC NET answer key 2023 with Question Paper and Response Sheet from the direct link given below. Get here complete details for UGC NET answer key including the process to download the answer key, objection process, marking scheme, and other information.
In order to download the NET Prakrit answer key, login with your application number and either date of birth or password. The conducting body first publishes the provisional answer key followed by the final answer key.
Candidates who appeared for the UGC NET 2023 Prakrit exam can download the provisional answer key now and submit objections if they are not satisfied with any answer or question. UGC NET result is prepared based on the final answer key. For challenging the UGC NET answer key for Prakrit, candidates need to pay a fee of INR 1,000 per challenge.
How to download UGC NET Prakrit answer key 2023?
- Step 1: Log on to the official website of NTA UGC NET – https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on the answer key link available for the UGC NET exam
- Step 3: Click on any one of the login links:
- Through the application number and password
- Through application number and date of birth
- Step 4: Enter the following details:
- Application number
- Date of birth or password
- Security pin as shown on the screen
- Step 5: Click on the Sign In button
- Step 6: Download the UGC NET answer key, response sheet and question paper
Best Books For UGC NET Prakrit & Study Materials
If you are planning to give UGC NET 2023, the first question that will strike your mind will be,
- How to start?
- What are the UGC NET exam books for preparation?
- Where to find the UGC NET study material?
Selecting the best book for UGC NET preparation can be crucial if you do not know where to look and which one to go for. First, you need to check the topics covered by the book. Then, make sure that it has covered the latest NET Prakrit Syllabus.
You can also refer to the UGC NET Books for Prakrit Exam from the below link:
UGC NET Prakrit Mock Test
You should know that UGC Mock tests are replicated tests based on the annual or competitive exam’s pattern.
The main objective behind conducting online test series is to judge your potential before writing the actual exam.
Through mock tests, you also get the opportunity to solve every question with a positive attitude. This way, you can also remember what you have learned and perform well in the actual exam.
UGC NET Prakrit Exam Cut Off Marks
NTA releases the UGC NET Prakrit Cut Off marks after the declaration of results.
You have to obtain the minimum cut-off marks to get selected for the merit list. The merit list will be prepared category-wise and subject-wise for each subject.
Only the top 6% qualified candidates will be considered for the Junior Research Fellowship program.
Go through the UGC NET cut-off for Prakrit Paper 2020 from the table below (official) to get an idea for this year.
UGC NET Prakrit Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June
|Prakrit Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
UGC NET Prakrit Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June
|Prakrit Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
UGC NET Prakrit Preparation Tips
You already know that when you are preparing for UGC NET Prakrit Exams, it’s a milestone that needs to be achieved.
With a proper study plan and essential materials, you can score a better mark in the UGC NET Prakrit Exam.
We are providing the complete guide below to enhance your UGC NET 2023 Exam preparation.
- Start Preparation Early
- Know the Complete Prakrit Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- Select The Best Prakrit Books For Paper I & Paper II
- Make a Solid NET Prakrit Study Plan
- Be Specific & Break into Achievable Target
- Make NET Prakrit Notes & Solve More Problems
- Take Breaks & Stay Calm
- Stay Focused and Say No to distractions
- Eat Hygienically and Stay Healthy
- Solve UGC NET Prakrit Question Papers
- Learn Time Management and Boost Your Speed
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Prakrit Exam 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.