UGC NET Performing Arts Exam 2023: If you want to start your career as a JRF or Assistant Professor, you should go for the UGC NET 2023 Exam.
It is the main gateway to securing a job as an assistant professor in government colleges and universities in India.
In this article, you will get a detailed guide on UGC NET Performing Arts Exam 2023. And, also detailed Syllabus, Study Material, & Preparation Tips to crack the exam.
Why Choose UGC NET Performing Arts?
UGC NET exam is quite popular among many postgraduate students with career options such as JRF & Lectureship. You will also get the other scopes and opportunities offered by various prestigious organizations.
The following list will help you know the amazing career scopes available after clearing UGC NET Performing Arts Exam.
- Researcher in government institutes with advantages like many wonderful Scholarships & Fellowships offered by UGC to financially smoothen your journey.
- Doctorate degree in Performing Arts
- Lecturer in any of the UGC Approved Universities.
- Counselor by developing your expertise in Performing Arts
- Government jobs
UGC NET Performing Arts Eligibility Criteria 2023
You must check the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria for Performing Arts before filling out the online Application Form.
You should meet all essential criteria as mentioned in Educational Qualification & Age Limit.
- You have to complete Post-Graduation in Performing Arts or another equivalent subject.
- If you belong to General Category, you have to secure 55% in Performing Arts or equivalent subject, and for ST/SC/OBC/PWD/Transgenders, the percentage criteria are 50%.
- For JRF: 30 Years for the General Category & Up to 5 Years of Age Relaxation in Other Categories.
- For Lectureship: No Upper Age Limit for NET Exam 2023 Performing Arts Lectureship.
UGC NET Performing Arts Syllabus 2023
UGC NET Performing Arts Syllabus lets you know about the topics covered in the exam. You should know that the UGC NET Performing Arts exam is divided into two parts, i.e., UGC NET Paper 1 & Paper 2.
UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus is common for all candidates, but paper 2 is based on Performing Arts.
- Paper-I Syllabus covers teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- Paper-II Syllabus is based on Performing Arts subject. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
For your upcoming exam, you must go through the UGC NET Syllabus for Performing Arts. So don’t miss out on anything.
UGC NET Performing Arts Syllabus for Paper 1
Here is the UGC NET Performing Arts Exam Syllabus for Paper 1-
|Unit 1||Teaching Aptitude|
|Unit 2||Research Aptitude|
|Unit 3||Reading Comprehension|
|Unit 5||Reasoning (including Maths)|
|Unit 6||Logical Reasoning|
|Unit 7||Data Interpretation|
|Unit 8||Information & Communication Technology (ICT)|
|Unit 9||People & Environment|
Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration
UGC NET Performing Arts Syllabus for Paper 2
The University Grants Commission (UGC) NET revised its syllabus for UGC NET in Performing Arts in June 2019 and the same syllabus will be applicable for the upcoming UGC NET / JRF and SET or SLET examination.
The details of the syllabus of Paper 2 can be downloaded in pdf format from the following link:
UGC NET Performing Arts Exam Pattern 2023
UGC NET Exam is a computer-based test having multiple-choice questions. UGC NET 2023 Exam pattern will consist of details related to the UGC NET 2023 Exam mode, the number of questions asked, sections, marking scheme, and more.
Check out the table below for a quick overview of the NTA NET Performing Arts paper pattern:
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
UGC NET Performing Arts Old Exam Pattern
You should know that till November 2017, UGC NET in Performing Arts consists of three papers, i.e. paper-1, paper-2, and paper-3. Paper-1 was general and compulsory for all subjects, and paper-2 and paper-3 were based on Performing Arts.
However, from June 2018, UGC NET in Performing Arts consists of only two papers, i.e. paper-1 and paper-2 (merging the previous paper-2 and paper-3 into the current paper-2).
So, you are requested to go through the previous Paper 2 and Paper 3 to better prepare yourself for the current Paper 2 in Performing Arts.
UGC NET examination in Performing Arts was conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) till June 2014. From December 2014 to June 2018 UGC NET exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
NTA started to conduct the exam from Dec. 2018 onwards.
UGC NET Performing Arts Previous Year Question Papers With Solutions
Previous Year Question Papers are one of the best study materials for the UGC NET Performing Arts 2023 Exam.
To get an idea of the UGC NET question paper, you have to practice the NET sample question papers.
Solving question papers will familiarise you with the difficulty level of questions, types of questions, and common question topics. These will help you to develop a plan for planning and practicing well.
It will save time in the long run and keep you focused.
UGC NET Performing Arts answer key 2023
National Testing Agency releases the Performing Arts answer key online at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. You can download the UGC NET answer key 2023 with Question Paper and Response Sheet from the direct link given below. Get here complete details for UGC NET answer key including the process to download the answer key, objection process, marking scheme, and other information.
In order to download the Performing Arts answer key, login with your application number and either date of birth or password. The conducting body first publishes the provisional answer key followed by the final answer key.
Candidates who appeared for the UGC NET 2023 Performing Arts exam can download the provisional answer key now and submit objections if they are not satisfied with any answer or question. UGC NET result is prepared based on the final answer key. For challenging the UGC NET answer key for Performing Arts, candidates need to pay a fee of INR 1,000 per challenge.
How to download UGC NET Performing Arts answer key 2023?
- Step 1: Log on to the official website of NTA UGC NET – https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on the answer key link available for the UGC NET exam
- Step 3: Click on any one of the login links:
- Through the application number and password
- Through application number and date of birth
- Step 4: Enter the following details:
- Application number
- Date of birth or password
- Security pin as shown on the screen
- Step 5: Click on the Sign In button
- Step 6: Download the UGC NET answer key, response sheet and question paper
Best Books For UGC NET Performing Arts & Study Materials
It is important to start your Performing Arts Exam preparation with high-quality UGC NET study materials. It will assist you in learning fundamental concepts easily and developing a depth base.
You already know the important significance of a reference book for exam preparation. Reference books are a lifeline for aspirants.
There is no doubt that it enhances your knowledge to a great extent. You can also refer to the UGC NET Books for Performing Arts Exam from the below link:
UGC NET Performing Arts Mock Test
You still have some time to prepare for your NET Performing Arts UGC Exam 2023, and the best way to utilize your time is by appearing for Performing Arts NET UGC mock tests.
It also helps overcome the exam’s phobias, such as over-excitement or nervousness in the exam. The more test you’ll take, the better you’ll understand your strong and weak areas.
Through mock tests, you also get the opportunity to solve every question with a positive attitude. This way, you can also remember what you have learned and perform well in the actual exam.
NTA UGC NET Performing Arts Exam Cut Off Marks
NTA releases the Performing Arts Cut Off marks after the declaration of results.
You have to obtain the minimum cut-off marks to get selected for the merit list. The merit list will be prepared category-wise and subject-wise for each subject.
Only the top 6% qualified candidates will be considered for the Junior Research Fellowship program.
Go through the UGC NET cut-off for Performing Arts Paper 2020 from the table below (official) to get an idea for this year.
NTA UGC NET Performing Arts Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June
|Performing Arts Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
NTA UGC NET Performing Arts Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June
|Performing Arts Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
NTA UGC NET Performing Arts Preparation Tips
You already know that when you are preparing for Performing Arts Exams, it’s a milestone that needs to be achieved.
With a proper study plan and essential materials, you can score a better mark in the UGC NET Performing Arts Exam.
We are providing the complete guide below to enhance your UGC NET 2023 Exam preparation.
- Understand the syllabus to better understand the topics covered and make a much better strategy to prepare for NTA UGC NET Performing Arts.
- Analyze the pattern of the questions and the relative weightage of the topics in the UGC NET previous years’ papers.
- Make a solid study plan thoroughly and ensure your plan contains enough time for revision and relaxation.
- Make notes while studying for a quick review of concepts.
- Revise as many times as possible to recollect the information easily on the day of the exam.
- Try different types of questions to develop a better understanding as well as the application of the concept.
- Practice multiple UGC NET past years’ question papers to get a clear idea of what to expect during the actual exam and avoids any surprise on the last day.
- Appearing for mock tests helps you to know the stand concerning your preparation.
- Practice managing your time so you will not miss studying specific topics.
- Stick to the study schedule after creation to break your chances at the examination center.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Performing Arts Exam 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.