UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus 2023: UGC NET Exam is conducted for Assistant Professor or JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) & Assistant Professor both.
UGC NET Paper-I is conducted by NTA to test your reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
To begin the journey in this field, it’s essential to know the complete NTA UGC NET Syllabus 2023 for Paper 1.
Here we have provided the latest UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus 2023 in Hindi and English.
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus 2023
National Testing Agency (NTA) releases the UGC NET syllabus along with the latest notification.
UGC NET Paper 1 is common and compulsory for every candidate. Paper 1 will have 50 questions worth 100 marks. Paper 1 syllabus has 10 units and exactly 5 questions will be asked from each unit.
The subject code for UGC NET Paper 1 is 00. To crack the NET exam, you must know the syllabus for both the papers and mark the important topics & sub-topics to start your preparation.
The detailed syllabus for Paper 1 is described below for English & Hindi Medium:
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus In English 22
Here you can check the latest UGC NET Syllabus For Paper 1 22 for English Medium.
- Unit-I Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching: Concept, Objectives, Levels of teaching (Memory, Understanding, and Reflective), Characteristics, and basic requirements.
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners (Academic, Social, Emotional and Cognitive), Individual differences.
- Factors affecting teaching related to Teacher, Learner, Support material, Instructional facilities, Learning environment, and Institution.
- Methods of teaching in Institutions of higher learning: Teacher-centered vs. Learner-centered methods; Off-line vs. On-line methods (Swayam, Swayamprabha, MOOCs, etc.).
- Teaching Support System: Traditional, Modern, and ICT based.
- Evaluation Systems: Elements and Types of evaluation, Evaluation in Choice Based Credit System in Higher education, Computer-based testing, Innovations in evaluation systems.
- Unit-II Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning, Types, and Characteristics, Positivism and Post- positivistic approach to research.
- Methods of Research: Experimental, Descriptive, Historical, Qualitative and Quantitative methods.
- Steps of Research.
- Thesis and Article writing: Format and styles of referencing.
- Application of ICT in research.
- Research ethics.
- Unit-III Comprehension
- A passage of text is given. Questions are asked from the passage to be answered.
- Unit-IV Communication
- Communication: Meaning, types, and characteristics of communication.
- Effective communication: Verbal and Non-verbal, Inter-Cultural and group communications, Classroom communication.
- Barriers to effective communication.
- Mass-Media and Society.
- Unit-V Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Types of reasoning.
- Number series, Letter series, Codes and Relationships.
- Mathematical Aptitude (Fraction, Time & Distance, Ratio, Proportion and Percentage, Profit and Loss, Interest and Discounting, Averages etc.).
- Unit-VI Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments: argument forms, the structure of categorical propositions, Mood and Figure, Formal and Informal fallacies, Uses of language, Connotations and denotations of terms, Classical square of opposition.
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Venn diagram: Simple and multiple uses for establishing the validity of arguments.
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge.
- Pramanas: Pratyaksha (Perception), Anumana (Inference), Upamana (Comparison), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Arthapatti (Implication), and Anupalabddhi (Non-apprehension).
- Structure and kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), Hetvabhasas (fallacies of inference).
- Unit-VII Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition, and classification of Data.
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data.
- Graphical representation (Bar-chart, Histograms, Pie-chart, Table-chart, and Line-chart) and mapping of Data.
- Data Interpretation.
- Data and Governance.
- Unit-VIII Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT: General abbreviations and terminology.
- Basics of the Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio, and Video-conferencing.
- Digital initiatives in higher education.
- ICT and Governance.
- Unit-IX People, Development and Environment
- Development and environment: Millennium development and Sustainable development goals.
- Human and environment interaction: Anthropogenic activities and their impacts on the environment.
- Environmental issues: Local, Regional and Global; Air pollution, Water pollution, Soil pollution, Noise pollution, Waste (solid, liquid, biomedical, hazardous, electronic), Climate change and its Socio-Economic and Political dimensions.
- Impacts of pollutants on human health.
- Natural and energy resources: Solar, Wind, Soil, Hydro, Geothermal, Biomass, Nuclear, and Forests.
- Natural hazards and disasters: Mitigation strategies.
- Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate Change, International agreements/efforts -Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit, Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International Solar Alliance.
- Unit-X Higher Education System
- Institutions of higher learning and education in ancient India.
- Evolution of higher learning and research in Post Independence India.
- Oriental, Conventional and Non-conventional learning programs
- in India.
- Professional, Technical, and Skill-Based education.
- Value education and environmental education.
- Policies, Governance, and Administration.
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus In Hindi 22
Here you can check the latest NTA UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus 2023 in Hindi Medium:
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus For यूनिट- I शिक्षण योग्यता
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus For यूनिट- II रिसर्च एप्टीट्यूड
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus For यूनिट- III कॉम्प्रिहेंशन
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus For यूनिट- IV संचार
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus For यूनिट-V मैथमेटिकल रीजनिंग एंड एप्टीट्यूड
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus For यूनिट-VI लॉजिकल रीजनिंग
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus For यूनिट-VII डाटा इंटरप्रिटेशन
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus For यूनिट-VIII सूचना और संचार प्रौद्योगिकी (आईसीटी)
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus For यूनिट-IX नागरिक, विकास और पर्यावरण
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus For यूनिट-X उच्च शिक्षा प्रणाली
- हर मॉड्यूल से 2 अंक वाले पांच प्रश्न निर्धारित किए जाएंगे।
- जब भी साइटेड कैंडिडेट के लिए ग्राफिकल / चित्रात्मक प्रश्न निर्धारित किए जाते हैं, तो दृष्टिबाधित उम्मीदवारों के लिए समान संख्या और वेटेज के पैसेज को शामिल किया जाता है।
UGC NET Paper 1 Old Syllabus
The UGC NET examination old syllabus which was applicable till December 2018 can be downloaded in pdf format from the following link.
Kindly note that this syllabus is considered outdated and is now not applicable for the upcoming UGC NET examination in Paper 1.
You can use it only for your reference purpose.
Other Important Study Materials for UGC NET Paper 1
You should have the following study materials to boost your exam preparation for the NTA UGC NET Paper 1 exam.
Click on the link to access other important notes related to the UGC NET Paper 1 exam.
NTA UGC NET Paper 1 Exam Pattern
You should know that the Paper 1 exam i.e. General Aptitude Test is common for all subjects. The questions in UGC NET Paper 1 are based on teaching and research aptitude that test your interpretation skill.
It covers the topics like Reasoning Ability, Reading Comprehension, Mental Ability, General Awareness, etc.
|UGC NET Paper-I Sections||Questions in UGC NET Paper-I||UGC NET Paper-I Marks|
|Reasoning (including Maths)||5||10|
|Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||5||10|
|People & Environment||5||10|
|Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration||5||10|
Benefits Of Latest NTA UGC NET Paper I Syllabus 2023
For any preparation to be successful, knowing the syllabus and exam pattern is essential. You can definitely score more with the proper use of the NTA UGC NET Paper I Syllabus.
Some notable benefits from the new NTA NTA UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus are as below:
- NTA UGC NET Paper 1 22 Syllabus describes the topics and concepts to be covered while preparing for the examinations.
- UGC NET Syllabus for Paper 1 also mentions the weightage allotted to different units and chapters, knowing which you may form a strategy for preparing for chapters with high or low weightage.
- Question paper design/format is also explained in a syllabus that lets students know about the questions asked and various sections employed in the exam papers. It also gives an idea about the marks distribution in the paper.
- Having a clear understanding of your syllabus and the weightage of various sections will definitely help you decide how much time you should dedicate to each section.
- Generally, the exam papers for each course are designed as per the syllabus prescribed for that course. So, preparing according to the topic and instructions mentioned in the syllabus obviously helps to crack the exam with good scores.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.