UGC NET gives you a great opportunity to start your career as a JRF or Assistant Professor. So, you must know about the details of the UGC NET Exam 2023.
UGC NET comprises two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is common for all candidates whereas paper 2 is subject-specific. So you need to score better on both papers to crack the exam.
In this article, you will get a detailed guide on UGC NET Paper 1 Exam 2023 Syllabus, Study Material, & Preparation Tips to crack the exam.
Why Choose UGC NET?
UGC NET is the best exam to shape your career as JRF & Lectureship. You will also get the other scopes and opportunities offered by various prestigious organizations.
The following list will help you know the amazing career scopes available after clearing UGC NET Exam.
- Researcher in government institutes with advantages like many wonderful Scholarships & Fellowships offered by UGC to financially smoothen your journey.
- Doctorate degree in
- Lecturer in any of the UGC Approved Universities.
- Counselor by developing your expertise in
- Government jobs
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2023
You must check the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria before filling out the online Application Form.
You should meet all essential criteria as mentioned in Educational Qualification & Age Limit.
Educational Qualification for UGC NET Exam 2023
- You have to complete Post-Graduation in or another equivalent subject.
- If you belong to General Category, you have to secure 55% in or equivalent subject, and for ST/SC/OBC/PWD/Transgenders, the percentage criteria are 50%.
UGC NET Exam Age Limit 2023
- For UGC NET JRF: 30 Years for the General Category & Up to 5 Years of Age Relaxation in Other Categories.
- For UGC NET Lectureship: No Upper Age Limit for NET Exam 2023 Lectureship.
UGC Paper 1 Syllabus 2023
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus covers teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
For your upcoming exam, you must go through the UGC NET Syllabus for Paper 1.
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus for Paper 1:
Here is the UGC NET Paper 1 Exam Syllabus for Paper 1
|UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus 2023|
|Unit 1||Teaching Aptitude|
|Unit 2||Research Aptitude|
|Unit 3||Reading Comprehension|
|Unit 5||Reasoning (including Maths)|
|Unit 6||Logical Reasoning|
|Unit 7||Data Interpretation|
|Unit 8||Information & Communication Technology (ICT)|
|Unit 9||People & Environment|
|Unit 10||Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration|
UGC NET Paper 1 Exam Pattern 2023
You need to understand the structure of the question paper before preparing for any exam. You can easily know about the question pattern and marking scheme by checking the latest UGC NET Paper 1 Exam Pattern 22.
Check out the table below for a quick overview of the NTA NET Paper 1 paper pattern:
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview|
|Exam duration||A cumulative exam duration of 3 hours for Paper 1 & 2|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option|
|Marking scheme||2 for the correct answer 0 for an incorrect answer|
|Language of paper||English and Hindi|
UGC Paper 1 Previous Year Question Papers With Solutions
During the UGC NET exam preparation, solving the UGC NET Paper 1 previous year question papers plays an important role. So, you are advised to solve the UGC NET Paper 1 Previous Year Question Papers.
You can start practicing the questions from UGC NET Paper 1 Previous Year Question Papers after completion of the syllabus. The best time to practice UGC NET Paper 1 question papers from the last ten years.
It will help you in understanding the exam pattern and the type of questions asked in the exam. Solving the previous year question paper will be a good revision for you.
UGC NET Paper 1 answer key 2023
National Testing Agency releases the UGC NET Paper 1 answer key online at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. You can download the UGC NET answer key 2023 with Question Paper and Response Sheet from the direct link given below. Get here complete details for the UGC NET answer key including the process to download the answer key, objection process, marking scheme, and other information.
In order to download the UGC NET Paper 1 answer key, login with your application number and either date of birth or password. The conducting body first publishes the provisional answer key followed by the final answer key.
Candidates who appeared for the UGC NET 2023 Paper 1 exam can download the provisional answer key now and submit objections if they are not satisfied with any answer or question. UGC NET result is prepared based on the final answer key. For challenging the UGC NET answer key for Paper 1, candidates need to pay a fee of INR 1,000 per challenge.
How to download UGC NET Paper 1 answer key 2023?
- Step 1: Log on to the official website of NTA UGC NET – https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on the answer key link available for the UGC NET exam
- Step 3: Click on any one of the login links:
- Through the application number and password
- Through application number and date of birth
- Step 4: Enter the following details:
- Application number
- Date of birth or password
- Security pin as shown on the screen
- Step 5: Click on the Sign In button
- Step 6: Download the UGC NET answer key, response sheet and question paper
Best Books For UGC NET Paper 1 & Study Materials
Books are one of the essential study materials to prepare for any exam. If you choose the right book then it will assist you in learning fundamental concepts easily and developing a depth base.
You need to check certain things while selecting the proper books for UGC NET Paper 1 preparation. First, you need to check the topics covered by the book. Then, make sure that it has covered the latest UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus.
You can also refer to the UGC NET Books for Paper 1 Exam from the below link:
UGC NET Paper 1 Mock Test
Mock tests are a valuable tool to understand what is missing in your preparation and realize the changes you need to make in handling yourself during the real UGC NET exam to get an optimum score.
In addition, mock tests go a long way in helping you acquire the skills of mark-fetching. You can acquire this skill with a quality test series.
UGC NET Cut Off Marks
UGC NET Cut-off mark is the minimum mark or percentage that you require to get a job. If you attended the UGC NET Exam and are waiting for your result, Cut off will help you guess your result.
That means you can estimate whether you are qualified for further rounds or not. Cut off mark is the minimum mark or percentage that you require to enter.
- The UGC NET qualifying marks for General category candidates is 40% in Paper I and II.
- While the qualifying mark for reserved category candidates is 35% in Paper I & II. The result of only those candidates who will be processed who will secure UGC NET cut-off scores in all two papers.
UGC NET Paper 1 Preparation Tips
We’ve put together some helpful tips to help you prepare for the UGC NET 2023 Paper 1 exam.
Hope that these tips will assist you in achieving successful exam results.
- Understand the syllabus to get an idea better about the topics covered and make a much better strategy to prepare for UGC NET Paper 1.
- Analyze the pattern of the questions and the relative weightage of the topics in the UGC NET previous years’ papers.
- Make a solid study plan thoroughly and ensure your plan contains enough time for revision and relaxation.
- Make notes while studying for a quick review of concepts.
- Revise as many times as possible to recollect the information easily on the day of the exam.
- Try different types of questions to develop a better understanding as well as the application of the concept.
- Practice multiple UGC NET past years’ question papers to get a clear idea of what to expect during the actual exam and avoids any surprise on the last day.
- Appearing for mock tests helps you to know the stand concerning your preparation.
- Practice managing your time so you will not miss studying specific topics.
- Stick to the study schedule after creation to break your chances at the examination center.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Paper 1 Exam 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.