UGC NET Oriya Exam 2023: National Eligibility Test known as UGC NET is conducted twice a year for the selection of deserving candidates for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in the Indian Govt. Universities and Colleges.
If you want to start your career as a JRF or Assistant Professor, you should go for the UGC NET 2023 Exam.
In this article, you will get a detailed guide on UGC NET Oriya Exam 2023. And, also detailed Syllabus, Study Material, & Preparation Tips to crack the exam.
Why Choose UGC NET Oriya?
After qualifying for the UGC NET exam, you will also get the other scopes and opportunities offered by various prestigious organizations along with these career options as JRF & Lectureship,
The following list will help you know the amazing career scopes available after clearing UGC NET Oriya Exam.
- Researcher in government institutes with advantages like many wonderful Scholarships & Fellowships offered by UGC to financially smoothen your journey.
- Doctorate degree in Oriya
- Lecturer in any of the UGC Approved Universities.
- Counselor by developing your expertise in Oriya
- Government jobs
UGC NET Oriya Eligibility Criteria 2023
You must check the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria for Oriya before filling out the online Application Form.
You should meet all essential criteria as mentioned in Educational Qualification & Age Limit.
- You have to complete Post-Graduation in Oriya or another equivalent subject.
- If you belong to General Category, you have to secure 55% in Oriya or an equivalent subject, and for ST/SC/OBC/PWD/Transgenders, the percentage criteria are 50%.
- For JRF: 30 Years for the General Category & Up to 5 Years of Age Relaxation in Other Categories.
- For Lectureship: No Upper Age Limit for NET Exam 2023 Oriya Lectureship.
UGC NET Oriya Syllabus 2023
UGC NET Oriya Syllabus lets you know about the topics covered in the exam. You should know that the NET Oriya exam is divided into two parts, i.e., UGC NET Paper 1 & Paper 2.
UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus is common for all candidates, but paper 2 is based on Oriya.
- Paper, I Syllabus covers teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- Paper-II Syllabus is based on the Oriya subject. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
For your upcoming exam, you must go through the UGC NET Syllabus for Oriya. So don’t miss out on anything.
UGC NET Oriya Syllabus for Paper 1
Here is the UGC NET Oriya Exam Syllabus for Paper 1-
|Unit 1||Teaching Aptitude|
|Unit 2||Research Aptitude|
|Unit 3||Reading Comprehension|
|Unit 5||Reasoning (including Maths)|
|Unit 6||Logical Reasoning|
|Unit 7||Data Interpretation|
|Unit 8||Information & Communication Technology (ICT)|
|Unit 9||People & Environment|
Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration
UGC NET Oriya Syllabus for Paper 2
The University Grants Commission (UGC) NET revised its syllabus for UGC NET in Oriya in June 2019 and the same syllabus will be applicable for the upcoming UGC NET / JRF and SET or SLET examination.
The details of the syllabus of Paper 2 can be downloaded in pdf format from the following link:
UGC NET Oriya Exam Pattern 2023
UGC NET Exam is a computer-based test having multiple-choice questions. UGC NET 2023 Exam pattern will consist of details related to the UGC NET 2023 Exam mode, the number of questions asked, sections, marking scheme, and more.
Check out the table below for a quick overview of the NTA NET Oriya paper pattern:
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
UGC NET Oriya Old Exam Pattern
You should know that till November 2017, UGC NET in Oriya consists of three papers, i.e. paper-1, paper-2, and paper-3. Paper-1 was general and compulsory for all subjects, and paper-2 and paper-3 were based on Oriya.
However, from June 2018, UGC NET in Oriya consists of only two papers, i.e. paper-1 and paper-2 (merging the previous paper-2 and paper-3 into the current paper-2).
So, you are requested to go through the previous Paper 2 and Paper 3 to better prepare yourself for the current Paper 2 in Oriya.
UGC NET examination in Oriya was conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) till June 2014. From December 2014 to June 2018 UGC NET exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
NTA started to conduct the exam from Dec. 2018 onwards.
UGC NET Oriya Previous Year Question Papers With Solutions
Previous Year Question Papers are one of the best study materials for the NET Oriya 2023 Exam.
UGC NET Oriya Question Papers help you to know the pattern of questions asked. It is one of the best resources to refer to for UGC NET Exam preparation.
The UGC NET previous year question papers provide valuable insights into the types of questions asked, the exam pattern, and the weightage of different topics according to the syllabus
Download the UGC NET Question Papers PDF with answer key solutions in Hindi and English here.
UGC NET Oriya answer key 2023
National Testing Agency releases the Oriya answer key online at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. You can download the UGC NET answer key 2023 with Question Paper and Response Sheet from the direct link given below. Get here complete details for UGC NET answer key including the process to download the answer key, objection process, marking scheme, and other information.
In order to download the NET Oriya answer key, login with your application number and either date of birth or password. The conducting body first publishes the provisional answer key followed by the final answer key.
Candidates who appeared for the UGC NET 2023 Oriya exam can download the provisional answer key now and submit objections if they are not satisfied with any answer or question. UGC NET result is prepared based on the final answer key. For challenging the UGC NET answer key for Oriya, candidates need to pay a fee of INR 1,000 per challenge.
How to download UGC NET Oriya answer key 2023?
- Step 1: Log on to the official website of NTA UGC NET – https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on the answer key link available for the UGC NET exam
- Step 3: Click on any one of the login links:
- Through the application number and password
- Through application number and date of birth
- Step 4: Enter the following details:
- Application number
- Date of birth or password
- Security pin as shown on the screen
- Step 5: Click on the Sign In button
- Step 6: Download the UGC NET answer key, response sheet and question paper
Best Books For UGC NET Oriya & Study Materials
Selecting the proper books for any subject is a kind of confusing task. First, you need to check the topics covered by the book. Then, make sure that it has covered the latest NET Oriya Syllabus.
It is important to start your Oriya Exam preparation with high-quality UGC NET study materials. It will assist you in learning fundamental concepts easily and developing a depth base.
You can also refer to the UGC NET Books for Oriya Exam from the below link:
NTA UGC NET Oriya Mock Test
Mock tests are one of the most effective methods by which you can evaluate your preparation level and performance.
For improved results, it is suggested by UGC NET 2020 toppers as well as experts that you must give mock tests.
Those who register for the UGC NET exam have two options,
- Take the mock test before starting the preparation (to know where they stand)
- Take the mock test after completing the syllabus (to know how much they have prepared).
Using either method is good, but moving with both (pre and post-mocks) is the best option.
As per experts, you should focus on mock tests in the last month, analyze them and study and prepare for the same as per the deficiencies revealed in the test.
NTA UGC NET Oriya Exam Cut Off Marks
NTA releases the UGC NET Oriya Cut Off marks after the declaration of results.
You have to obtain the minimum cut-off marks to get selected for the merit list. The merit list will be prepared category-wise and subject-wise for each subject.
Only the top 6% qualified candidates will be considered for the Junior Research Fellowship program.
Go through the UGC NET cut-off for Oriya Paper 2020 from the table below (official) to get an idea for this year.
NTA UGC NET Oriya Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June
|Oriya Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
NTA UGC NET Oriya Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June
|Oriya Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
NTA UGC NET Oriya Preparation Tips
You already know that when you are preparing for NTA UGC NET Oriya Exams, it’s a milestone that needs to be achieved.
With a proper study plan and essential materials, you can score a better mark in the NTA UGC NET Oriya Exam.
We are providing the complete guide below to enhance your UGC NET 2023 Exam preparation.
- Analyze the pattern of the questions and the relative weightage of the topics in the UGC NET previous years’ papers.
- Understand the syllabus to better understand the topics covered and make a much better strategy to prepare for UGC NET Oriya.
- Make a solid study plan thoroughly and ensure your plan contains enough time for revision and relaxation.
- Make notes while studying for a quick review of concepts.
- Revise as many times as possible to recollect the information easily on the day of the exam.
- Practice multiple UGC NET past years’ question papers to get a clear idea of what to expect during the actual exam and avoids any surprise on the last day.
- Appearing for mock tests helps you to know the stand concerning your preparation.
- Practice managing your time so you will not miss studying specific topics.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Oriya Exam 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.