UGC NET Mock Test 2023 For Paper 1 & Paper 2: NTA has released the UGC NET mock test to help you get familiar with the online format of the test. You can take the UGC NET online Mock Test 2023 to evaluate your performance level to crack the Exam.
UGC NET is a highly competitive national-level entrance examination conducted across the country. UGC NET Mock Tests help students create a better exam preparation strategy.
Read the complete article to access the UGC NET Mock Test 2023.
UGC NET Online Mock Test 2023 by NTA
NTA provides a great opportunity for students preparing for the NET Exam by offering the UGC NET Free Mock Test series. Their motive is to provide an equal chance to each student for the same learning and growth.
NTA does not charge any fee for this program. Therefore, students residing in remote areas, where the availability of private coaching is very low, can benefit from this free UGC NET Model Paper Series.
Before getting into the details of the UGC NET Mock Test, let us have a look at the overview of the UGC NET exam mentioned below:
|Name of the Exam||National Eligibility Test (NET)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Purpose of the Exam||To check your eligibility of you for Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)|
|Frequency of the Exam||Twice a Year|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of Papers||Paper I
|Number of Questions||150|
|Time Duration||3 hours (No break between Paper I and Paper II)|
How To Take the NTA UGC NET Mock Test Series 2023
To take the UGC NET free mock test, you can go through the steps given below:
Step 1: UGC NET Mock Test 2023 Login
- Visit the official website of the NTA UGC NET mock test.
- Click on the mock test link.
- Select UGC NET from the drop-down and paper I or your respective subject out of the list of 80 subjects available in the mock test.
- Click on the start mock test button.
- Click on the Login button.
Step 2: UGC NET Mock Test Instructions
- Read all the instructions on the page carefully. You will see the page given below.
- Click on the checkbox against the declaration given at the end of the page
- Click on Proceed
- Click on the correct option out of the four available options.
Step 3 – Take UGC NET Mock Test
In this stage, you can start taking the mock test of UGC NET. Here, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- After going through the instructions and proceeding to the next window, you can start with the UGC NET Mock Test 2023.
- You can move on to or switch to any question you want from the questions box on the right-hand side.
- Users can use options like ‘save and next,’ ‘save and ‘mark for review,’ ‘clear response’ and ‘mark for review’ and ‘next.’ These features are available at the bottom.
- They can use the back or next option on the bottom to move to the next page or go back to the previous one.
- Choose 1 correct answer option out of the 4 available and move on to answer the next question.
- Please do not click on the submit since it is the last option to be chosen once you finish giving your mock test.
- The time taken will constantly continue to run, and you can keep track of how much time one takes to answer a particular question.
Step 4 – UGC NET Mock Test Submission
- After completing the mock test, you have to click on the submit tab.
- Once you click on the yes option for submission, you will not be able to make any further changes.
Step 5 – UGC NET 2023 Mock Test Marks
- After submitting the test, a page will appear on the screen with a complete summary of your answer, and unanswered questions, answer options against the questions, and your online UGC NET mock test result.
- Click on View Result to check the total score obtained and see the correct answers for all questions in the test.
- Direct link to the official NTA UGC NET mock test– https://nta.ac.in/Quiz
UGC NET Mock Test 2023 Question Status
While appearing for the official mock test, the question palette displays on the right side of the screen, which will show the status of each question as per one of the following symbols (the question numbers appear inside the symbols). Check the meaning of each symbol below.
- Gray – Not Visited – you have not visited the question yet.
- Red – Not Answered – you have not answered the question.
- Green – Answered – you have answered the question. All these questions will be evaluated.
- Purple – Marked for Review – you have not answered the question but have only marked the question for review.
- Purple with green circle – Answered and marked for review – you have answered the question and have marked it for review. All these questions will be evaluated.
Benefits of Taking UGC NET Mock Test 2023
The mock test serves as an essential preparation strategy and helps the aspirant score well. Mock tests help in measuring strengths and weaknesses. you can check the benefits of taking the online Mock Test 2023 given below:
- By taking the mock test, you can build their confidence and understand how to answer the questions asked in the exam.
- While taking the mock test, you get to practice various questions.
- Self-analysis can be done while taking answering questions in the mock test.
- You will learn different ways of answering/solving a question.
- In addition to the mock test, you also get to know the exam pattern, marking scheme and the nature of questions.
- You will also get used to the features and functionality of the mock test, which prepares them for the real computer-based test.
- Time management has always been a key to qualifying for any exam. Therefore, mock tests can help you manage your time effectively.
- You will be familiar with the exam pattern, difficulty level, type of questions asked, weightage of marks, and other crucial learning, which will help strategize one’s preparation.
- The mock tests will help in having a hands-on experience with the exam.
- Taking section-wise mock test help you to identify the weak and strong areas.
- After analyzing the mock test, you can know where you are going wrong. It will help you to improve and score better.
- You can check whether or not they are preparing in the right direction. The gap between the present preparation and the actual requirement can be understood.
- Taking the mock test will boost confidence and will help to improve conceptual knowledge and test-taking skills.
- Taking the UGC Online Mock test series will help you improve test-taking skills such as time management, speed, accuracy, time management etc.
- You will be able to track their performance in each stage and improve accordingly.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2023
Solving UGC NET Mock Test papers is highly essential for effective exam preparation. Before taking up the mock test, it is highly essential to know the exam pattern. you must understand the UGC NET Exam Pattern for Paper I and Paper II as given below:
|Paper||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|Paper-I: General Aptitude||50||100|
|Paper-II: Subject Selected by you||100||200|
UGC NET Question Papers
National Testing Agency (NTA) will publish the UGC NET Question Papers online mode on its official website. You can download the UGC NET 2023 question papers using your login credentials. The question papers will be released along with the UGC NET answer key and the candidate’s answer sheet.
Along with taking the UGC NET 2023 mock test, you must also solve the question papers to know the level of questions asked in the exam. You can also practice from the previous year’s question papers while preparing for the entrance examination.
Other Important Study Materials for UGC NET Exam 22
You should have the following study materials to boost your exam preparation for the NTA UGC NET exam.
Click on the link to access other study materials related to the UGC NET exam.
|UGC NET Exam Dates|
FAQs On UGC NET Online Test Series 2023 for Paper I & Paper II
Here you can check FAQs On UGC NET Online Test Series 2023 for Paper I & Paper II.
Why is it important to take UGC NET mock test?
Since UGC NET is conducted in online mode, attempting the mock test gives you the real look and feel of the exam. Further, giving the test in a real exam-like environment helps you know your weak areas and improve your time management skills.
Is the UGC NET mock test available for all the papers?
Yes, you can take the official NTA mock test for any paper (paper 1 and paper 2) and all 84 subjects.
Is it mandatory to register for the exam to take the UGC NET mock test?
No, candidates who have not registered for the exam can also attempt UGC NET mock test for practice.
Can I re-attempt the UGC NET mock test later?
Yes, you can re-attempt the UGC NET mock test anytime you wish in the future.
How can I see the correct answers for questions in the UGC NET mock test?
You can access the right answers for all the questions once you complete the UGC NET mock test.
How can I measure my performance through the mock test?
Once you complete the UGC NET mock test and click on Submit, the total score will appear on the screen. Along with the score, the total time you take to complete the test will also appear on the screen.
Is UGC NET mock test available in the English language only?
All UGC NET mock test questions appear in the default language only, which is English. However, candidates can change the language of a particular question later on.
Can I shuffle between the sections and questions in the UGC NET mock test?
Yes, you can shuffle between the sections and questions in the UGC NET mock test at your convenience.
Can I take the UGC NET mock test from mobile?
Yes, you can take the UGC NET mock test from mobile. However, it is recommended to take the test from a laptop or computer only to have the exact look and feel of the real exam.
We have covered a detailed guide on UGC NET Mock Test Series 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.