UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Exam 2023: NTA Conducts the UGC NET Exam 2023 to determine eligibility for the Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship in Indian universities and colleges.
Before 2018 NET exam was conducted by CBSE but now NTA (National Testing Agency) is the in-charge on behalf of the UGC (University Grants Commission).
If you want to start your career as a JRF or Assistant Professor, you should go for the UGC NET 2023 Exam.
In this article, you will get a detailed guide on UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Exam 2023. And, also detailed Syllabus, Study Material, & Preparation Tips to crack the exam.
Why Choose UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism?
UGC NET exam is quite popular among many postgraduate students with career options such as JRF & Lectureship. You can also get the other scopes and opportunities offered by various prestigious organizations.
The following list will help you know the amazing career scopes available after clearing UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Exam.
- Researcher in government institutes with advantages like many wonderful Scholarships & Fellowships offered by UGC to financially smoothen your journey.
- Doctorate degree in Mass Communication and Journalism
- Lecturer in any of the UGC Approved Universities.
- Counselor by developing your expertise in Mass Communication and Journalism
- Government jobs
UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Eligibility Criteria 2023
You must check the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria for Mass Communication and Journalism before filling out the online Application Form.
You should meet all essential criteria as mentioned in Educational Qualification & Age Limit.
- You have to complete Post-Graduation in Mass Communication and Journalism or another equivalent subject.
- If you are belonging to General Category, then you have to secure 55% in Mass Communication and Journalism or equivalent subject, and for ST/SC/OBC/PWD/Transgenders, the percentage criteria are 50%.
- For JRF: 30 Years for the General Category & Up to 5 Years of Age Relaxation in Other Categories.
- For Lectureship: No Upper Age Limit for NET Exam 2023 Mass Communication and Journalism Lectureship.
UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Syllabus 2023
Mass Communication and Journalism Syllabus lets you know about the topics covered in the exam. You should know that the Mass Communication and Journalism exam is divided into two parts, i.e., UGC NET Paper 1 & Paper 2.
UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus is common for all candidates, but paper 2 is based on Mass Communication and Journalism.
- Paper-I Syllabus covers teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- Paper-II Syllabus is based on Mass Communication and Journalism subject. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
For your upcoming exam, you must go through the UGC NET Syllabus for Mass Communication and Journalism. So don’t miss out on anything.
UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Syllabus for Paper 1
Here is the Mass Communication and Journalism Exam Syllabus for Paper 1-
|Unit 1||Teaching Aptitude|
|Unit 2||Research Aptitude|
|Unit 3||Reading Comprehension|
|Unit 5||Reasoning (including Maths)|
|Unit 6||Logical Reasoning|
|Unit 7||Data Interpretation|
|Unit 8||Information & Communication Technology (ICT)|
|Unit 9||People & Environment|
Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration
UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Syllabus for Paper 2
The University Grants Commission (UGC) NET revised its syllabus for UGC NET in Mass Communication and Journalism in June 2019 and the same syllabus will be applicable for the upcoming UGC NET / JRF and SET or SLET examination.
The details of the syllabus of Paper 2 can be downloaded in pdf format from the following link:
UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Exam Pattern 2023
UGC NET Exam is a computer-based test having multiple-choice questions. UGC NET 2023 Exam pattern will consist of details related to the UGC NET 2023 Exam mode, the number of questions asked, sections, marking scheme, and more.
Check out the table below for a quick overview of the NTA NET Mass Communication and Journalism paper pattern:
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Old Exam Pattern
You should know that till November 2017, UGC NET in Mass Communication and Journalism consists of three papers, i.e. paper-1, paper-2, and paper-3. Paper-1 was general and compulsory for all subjects, and paper-2 and paper-3 were based on Mass Communication and Journalism.
However, from June 2018, UGC NET in Mass Communication and Journalism consists of only two papers, i.e. paper-1 and paper-2 (merging the previous paper-2 and paper-3 into the current paper-2).
So, you are requested to go through the previous Paper 2 and Paper 3 to better prepare yourself for the current Paper 2 in Mass Communication and Journalism.
UGC NET examination in Mass Communication and Journalism was conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) till June 2014. From December 2014 to June 2018 UGC NET exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
NTA started to conduct the exam from Dec. 2018 onwards.
UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Previous Year Question Papers With Solutions
When you practice Mass Communication and Journalism questions from past year question papers, you tend to get a fair idea of the questions asked in UGC NET, the tricks involved, topic-wise marks distribution, etc.
The questions you solve for the last ten years may not directly get repeated but may have slight data changes or directly apply the same concepts.
It will save time in the long run and keep you focused.
UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism answer key 2023
National Testing Agency releases the NET Mass Communication and Journalism answer key online at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. You can download the UGC NET answer key 2023 with Question Paper and Response Sheet from the direct link given below. Get here complete details for the UGC NET answer key including the process to download the answer key, objection process, marking scheme, and other information.
In order to download the Mass Communication and Journalism answer key, login with your application number and either date of birth or password. The conducting body first publishes the provisional answer key followed by the final answer key.
Candidates who appeared for the UGC NET 2023 Mass Communication and Journalism exam can download the provisional answer key now and submit objections if they are not satisfied with any answer or question. UGC NET result is prepared based on the final answer key. For challenging the UGC NET answer key for Mass Communication and Journalism, candidates need to pay a fee of INR 1,000 per challenge.
How to download UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism answer key 2023?
- Step 1: Log on to the official website of NTA UGC NET – https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on the answer key link available for the UGC NET exam
- Step 3: Click on any one of the login links:
- Through the application number and password
- Through application number and date of birth
- Step 4: Enter the following details:
- Application number
- Date of birth or password
- Security pin as shown on the screen
- Step 5: Click on the Sign In button
- Step 6: Download the UGC NET answer key, response sheet, and question paper
Best Books For UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism & Study Materials
The Mass Communication and Journalism right preparation book the right time of preparation can be helpful to crack the exam.
Selecting the proper books for Mass Communication and Journalism is a kind of confusing task. First, you need to check the topics covered by the book. Then, make sure that it has covered the latest UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Syllabus.
You can also refer to the UGC NET Books for Mass Communication and Journalism Exam from the below link:
UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Mock Test
You still have some time to prepare for your NET Mass Communication and Journalism UGC Exam 2023, and the best way to utilize your time is by appearing for Mass Communication and Journalism NET UGC mock tests.
It is said that with proper practice and conceptual understanding, problems in mock tests could be solved faster.
Hence, if you are lagging in proper preparation, you should start your preps, understand concepts, learn the basics and then start applying those concepts while they are appearing for mock tests.
This will help them review their own level of understanding of the study material.
Through mock tests, you also get the opportunity to solve every question with a positive attitude. This way, you can also remember what you have learned and perform well in the actual exam.
UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Exam Cut Off Marks
NTA releases the UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Cut Off marks after the declaration of results.
You have to obtain the minimum cut-off marks to get selected for the merit list. The merit list will be prepared category-wise and subject-wise for each subject.
Only the top 6% qualified candidates will be considered for the Junior Research Fellowship program.
Go through the UGC NET cut-off for Mass Communication and Journalism Paper 2020 from the table below (official) to get an idea for this year.
NTA UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June
NTA UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June
NTA UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Preparation Tips
You already know that when you are preparing for NTA UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Exams, it’s a milestone that needs to be achieved.
With a proper study plan and essential materials, you can score better marks in the UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Exam.
We are providing the complete guide below to enhance your UGC NET 2023 Exam preparation.
- Understand the syllabus to better understand the topics covered and make a much better strategy to prepare for NTA UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism.
- Analyze the pattern of the questions and the relative weightage of the topics in the UGC NET previous years’ papers.
- Create a study plan based on the latest syllabus and ensure your plan contains enough time for revision and relaxation.
- Make notes while studying for a quick review of concepts.
- You need to revise as many times as possible to recollect the information easily on the day of the exam.
- Try different types of questions to develop a better understanding as well as the application of the concept.
- Practice multiple UGC NET past years’ question papers to get a clear idea of what to expect during the actual exam and avoids any surprise on the last day.
- Practice managing your time so you will not miss studying specific topics.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism Exam 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.