UGC NET Library and Information Science Exam 2023: National Eligibility Test known as UGC NET is conducted twice a year for the selection of deserving candidates for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in the Indian Govt. Universities and Colleges.
The subject code for Library and Information Science is 59. It comprises two online papers namely Paper-I & Paper-II with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)s.
If you want to start your career as a JRF or Assistant Professor, you should go for the UGC NET 2023 Exam.
In this article, you will get a detailed guide on UGC NET Library and Information Science Exam 2023. And, also detailed Syllabus, Study Material, & Preparation Tips to crack the exam.
Why Choose UGC NET Library and Information Science?
UGC NET exam is quite popular among many postgraduate students with career options such as JRF & Lectureship, you will also get the other scopes and opportunities offered by various prestigious organizations.
The following list will help you know the amazing career scopes available after clearing UGC NET Library and Information Science Exam.
- Researcher in government institutes with advantages like many wonderful Scholarships & Fellowships offered by UGC to financially smoothen your journey.
- Doctorate degree in Library and Information Science
- Lecturer in any of the UGC Approved Universities.
- Counselor by developing your expertise in Library and Information Science
- Government jobs
UGC NET Library and Information Science Eligibility Criteria 2023
You must check the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria for Library and Information Science before filling out the online Application Form.
You should meet all essential criteria as mentioned in Educational Qualification & Age Limit.
Educational Qualification for NET Exam 2023
- You have to complete Post-Graduation in Library and Information Science or another equivalent subject.
- If you are belonging to General Category, then you have to secure 55% in Library and Information Science or equivalent subject, and for ST/SC/OBC/PWD/Transgenders, the percentage criteria are 50%.
NET Exam Age Limit 2023
- For JRF: 30 Years for the General Category & Up to 5 Years of Age Relaxation in Other Categories.
- For Lectureship: No Upper Age Limit for NET Exam 2023 Library and Information Science Lectureship.
UGC NET Library and Information Science Syllabus 2023
Library and Information Science Syllabus let you know about the topics covered in the exam. You should know that the NET Library and Information Science exam is divided into two parts, i.e., UGC NET Paper 1 & Paper 2.
UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus is common for all candidates, but paper 2 is based on Library and Information Science.
- Paper-I Syllabus covers teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- Paper-II Syllabus is based on Library and Information Science subject. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
For your upcoming exam, you must go through the UGC NET Syllabus for Library and Information Science. So don’t miss out on anything.
UGC NET Library and Information Science Syllabus for Paper 1
Here is the NET Library and Information Science Exam Syllabus for Paper 1-
|Unit 1||Teaching Aptitude|
|Unit 2||Research Aptitude|
|Unit 3||Reading Comprehension|
|Unit 5||Reasoning (including Maths)|
|Unit 6||Logical Reasoning|
|Unit 7||Data Interpretation|
|Unit 8||Information & Communication Technology (ICT)|
|Unit 9||People & Environment|
Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration
UGC NET Library and Information Science Syllabus for Paper 2
The University Grants Commission (UGC) NET revised its syllabus for UGC NET in Library and Information Science in June 2019 and the same syllabus will be applicable for the upcoming UGC NET / JRF and SET or SLET examination.
The details of the syllabus of Paper 2 can be downloaded in pdf format from the following link:
UGC NET Library and Information Science Exam Pattern 2023
UGC NET Exam is a computer-based test having multiple-choice questions. UGC NET Exam Pattern will consist of details related to the UGC NET 2023 Exam mode, the number of questions asked, sections, marking scheme, and more.
Check out the table below for a quick overview of the NTA NET Library and Information Science paper pattern:
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
UGC NET Library and Information Science Old Exam Pattern
You should know that till November 2017, UGC NET in Library and Information Science consists of three papers, i.e. paper-1, paper-2, and paper-3. Paper-1 was general and compulsory for all subjects, and paper-2 and paper-3 were based on Library and Information Science.
However, from June 2018, UGC NET in Library and Information Science consists of only two papers, i.e. paper-1 and paper-2 (merging the previous paper-2 and paper-3 into the current paper-2).
So, you are requested to go through the previous Paper 2 and Paper 3 to better prepare yourself for the current Paper 2 in Library and Information Science.
UGC NET examination in Library and Information Science was conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) till June 2014. From December 2014 to June 2018 UGC NET exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
NTA started to conduct the exam from Dec. 2018 onwards.
UGC NET Library and Information Science Previous Year Question Papers With Solutions
Previous Year Question Papers are one of the best study materials for the Library and Information Science 2023 Exam.
UGC NET Library and Information Science Question Papers help you to know the pattern of questions asked.
The UGC NET previous year’s question papers provide valuable insights into the types of questions asked, the exam pattern, and the weightage of different topics according to the syllabus.
Download Library and Information Science Question Papers PDF with answer key solutions in Hindi and English here.
UGC NET Library and Information Science answer key 2023
National Testing Agency releases the NET Library and Information Science answer key online at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. You can download the UGC NET answer key 2023 with Question Paper and Response Sheet from the direct link given below. Get here complete details for UGC NET answer key including the process to download the answer key, objection process, marking scheme, and other information.
In order to download the Library and Information Science answer key, login with your application number and either date of birth or password. The conducting body first publishes the provisional answer key followed by the final answer key.
Candidates who appeared for the UGC NET 2023 Library and Information Science exam can download the provisional answer key now and submit objections if they are not satisfied with any answer or question. UGC NET result is prepared based on the final answer key. For challenging the UGC NET answer key for Library and Information Science, candidates need to pay a fee of INR 1,000 per challenge.
How to download UGC NET Library and Information Science answer key 2023?
- Step 1: Log on to the official website of NTA UGC NET – https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on the answer key link available for the UGC NET exam
- Step 3: Click on any one of the login links:
- Through the application number and password
- Through application number and date of birth
- Step 4: Enter the following details:
- Application number
- Date of birth or password
- Security pin as shown on the screen
- Step 5: Click on the Sign In button
- Step 6: Download the UGC NET answer key, response sheet, and question paper
Best Books For UGC NET Library and Information Science & Study Materials
The right preparation book For NET Library and Information Science at the right time of preparation can be helpful to crack the exam.
Make sure to check the books for the latest updated course content. The Books and study material chosen should be such that it is easy to learn & interpret.
You can also refer to the UGC NET Books for Library and Information Science Exam from the below link:
NTA UGC NET Library and Information Science Mock Test
Most of the mock test series are designed in a way that shows you the mirror. Thereby, it is strongly recommended that you know where you stand and how much effort you need to put in.
UGC NET practice tests offer a good amount of practice, which helps you during the exam. Practicing mock tests increases the speed of problem-solving and helps you know in which subject you are weak.
Mock test papers help you calculate how much time each subject will take in the exam. Accordingly, you can have an idea about the time you should allow for numerical as well as theory questions.
Through mock tests, you also get the opportunity to solve every question with a positive attitude. This way, you can also remember what you have learned and perform well in the actual exam.
NTA UGC NET Library and Information Science Exam Cut Off Marks
NTA releases the UGC NET Library and Information Science Cut-Off marks after the declaration of results.
You have to obtain the minimum cut-off marks to get selected for the merit list. The merit list will be prepared category-wise and subject-wise for each subject.
Only the top 6% qualified candidates will be considered for the Junior Research Fellowship program.
Go through the UGC NET Cut off for Library and Information Science Paper 2020 from the table below (official) to get an idea for this year.
NTA UGC NET Library and Information Science Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June
|Library and Information Science Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
NTA UGC NET Library and Information Science Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June
|Library and Information Science Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
NTA UGC NET Library and Information Science Preparation Tips
You already know that when you are preparing for NTA UGC NET Library and Information Science Exams, it’s a milestone that needs to be achieved.
With a proper study plan and essential materials, you can score better marks in the NTA UGC NET Library and Information Science Exam.
We are providing the complete UGC NET Preparation Tips below to enhance your UGC NET 2023 Exam preparation.
- Know the latest syllabus and exam pattern to get an idea better about the topics covered.
- Analyze the pattern of the questions and the relative weightage of the topics in the Library and Information Science previous years’ papers.
- Create a solid study plan thoroughly and ensure your plan. & make notes while studying for a quick review of concepts.
- Revise as many times as possible to recollect the information easily on the day of the exam.
- Try different types of questions to develop a better understanding as well as the application of the concept.
- Practice multiple UGC NET past years’ question papers to get a clear idea of what to expect during the actual exam and avoids any surprise on the last day.
- Appearing for mock tests helps you to know the stand concerning your preparation.
- Learn time management to boost your speed.
- Eat healthily & take proper rest
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Library and Information Science Exam 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.