UGC NET Law Exam 2023: National Eligibility Test known as UGC NET is conducted twice a year for the selection of deserving candidates for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in the Indian Govt. Universities and Colleges.
The subject code for Law is 58. It comprises two online papers namely Paper-I & Paper-II with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)s.
If you want to start your career as a JRF or Assistant Professor, you should go for the UGC NET 2023 Exam.
In this article, you will get a detailed guide on UGC NET Law Exam 2023. And, also detailed Syllabus, Study Material, & Preparation Tips to crack the exam.
Why Choose UGC NET Law?
UGC NET exam is quite popular among many postgraduate students. Qualifying for the UGC-NET exam opens up several career opportunities.
UGC NET exam provided you with numerous job opportunities in the field of teaching and research.
Apart from these two career options, you can also get a job in PSUs which considers the UGC-NET exam score to hire for certain posts.
The following list will help you know the amazing career scopes available after clearing UGC NET Law Exam.
- Researcher in government institutes with advantages like many wonderful Scholarships & Fellowships offered by UGC to financially smoothen your journey.
- Doctorate degree in Law
- Lecturer in any of the UGC Approved Universities.
- Counselor by developing your expertise in Law
- Government jobs
UGC NET Law Eligibility Criteria 2023
You must check the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria for Law before filling out the online Application Form.
You should meet all essential criteria as mentioned in Educational Qualification & Age Limit.
Educational Qualification for NET Law Exam 2023
- You have to complete Post-Graduation in Law or another equivalent subject.
- If you belong to General Category, you have to secure 55% in Law or equivalent subject, and for ST/SC/OBC/PWD/Transgenders, the percentage criteria are 50%.
NET Law Exam Age Limit 2023
- For JRF: 30 Years for the General Category & Up to 5 Years of Age Relaxation in Other Categories.
- For Lectureship: No Upper Age Limit for NET Exam 2023 Law Lectureship.
UGC NET Law Syllabus 2023
Law Syllabus lets you know about the topics covered in the exam. You should know that the NET Law exam is divided into two parts, i.e., UGC NET Paper 1 & Paper 2.
UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus is common for all candidates, but paper 2 is based on Law.
- Paper-I Syllabus covers teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- Paper-II Syllabus is based on Law subject. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
For your upcoming exam, you must go through the UGC NET Syllabus for Law. So don’t miss out on anything.
UGC NET Law Syllabus for Paper 1
Here is the UGC NET Law Exam Syllabus for Paper 1-
|Unit 1||Teaching Aptitude|
|Unit 2||Research Aptitude|
|Unit 3||Reading Comprehension|
|Unit 5||Reasoning (including Maths)|
|Unit 6||Logical Reasoning|
|Unit 7||Data Interpretation|
|Unit 8||Information & Communication Technology (ICT)|
|Unit 9||People & Environment|
Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration
UGC NET Law Syllabus for Paper 2
The University Grants Commission (UGC) NET revised its syllabus for UGC NET in Law in June 2019 and the same syllabus will be applicable for the upcoming UGC NET / JRF and SET or SLET examination.
The details of the syllabus of Paper 2 can be downloaded in pdf format from the following link:
UGC NET Law Exam Pattern 2023
UGC NET Exam is a computer-based test having multiple-choice questions. UGC NET Exam Pattern will consist of details related to the UGC NET 2023 Exam mode, the number of questions asked, sections, marking scheme, and more.
Check out the table below for a quick overview of the NTA NET Law paper pattern:
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
UGC NET Law Old Exam Pattern
You should know that till November 2017, UGC NET in Law consists of three papers, i.e. paper-1, paper-2, and paper-3. Paper-1 was general and compulsory for all subjects, and paper-2 and paper-3 were based on Law.
However, from June 2018, UGC NET in Law consists of only two papers, i.e. paper-1 and paper-2 (merging the previous paper-2 and paper-3 into the current paper-2).
So, you are requested to go through the previous Paper 2 and Paper 3 to better prepare yourself for the current Paper 2 in Law.
UGC NET examination in Law was conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) till June 2014. From December 2014 to June 2018 UGC NET exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
NTA started to conduct the exam from Dec. 2018 onwards.
UGC Law Previous Year Question Papers With Solutions
UGC NET Question Papers help you to know the pattern of questions asked. It is one of the best resources to refer to for UGC NET Exam preparation.
The UGC NET Law previous year’s question papers provide valuable insights into the types of questions asked the exam pattern, and the weightage of different topics according to the syllabus.
Thus, question papers help you build confidence and helps you strategize to divide your time efficiently and enhance your performance.
Download the NET Law Question Papers PDF with answer key solutions in Hindi and English here.
UGC NET Law answer key 2023
National Testing Agency releases the Law answer key online at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. You can download the UGC NET answer key 2023 with Question Paper and Response Sheet from the direct link given below. Get here complete details for the UGC NET answer key including the process to download the answer key, objection process, marking scheme, and other information.
In order to download the NET Law answer key, login with your application number and either date of birth or password. The conducting body first publishes the provisional answer key followed by the final answer key.
Candidates who appeared for the UGC NET 2023 Law exam can download the provisional answer key now and submit objections if they are not satisfied with any answer or question. UGC NET result is prepared based on the final answer key. For challenging the UGC NET answer key for Law, candidates need to pay a fee of INR 1,000 per challenge.
How to download UGC NET Law answer key 2023?
- Step 1: Log on to the official website of NTA UGC NET – https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on the answer key link available for the UGC NET exam
- Step 3: Click on any one of the login links:
- Through the application number and password
- Through application number and date of birth
- Step 4: Enter the following details:
- Application number
- Date of birth or password
- Security pin as shown on the screen
- Step 5: Click on the Sign In button
- Step 6: Download the UGC NET answer key, response sheet, and question paper
Best Books For UGC NET Law & Study Materials
While preparing for Law, you need to know the best and recommended books.
The UGC NET Law exam consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is common for all students. Since Paper 2 is subject-based.
Make sure to check the books for the latest updated course content. The Books and study material chosen should be such that it is easy to learn & interpret.
You can also refer to the UGC NET Books for Law Exam from the below link:
NTA UGC NET Law Mock Test
You still have some time to prepare for your NET Law UGC Exam 2023, and the best way to utilize your time is by appearing for Law NET UGC mock tests.
UGC NET practice tests offer a good amount of practice, which helps you during the exam. Practicing mock tests increases the speed of problem-solving and helps you know in which subject you are weak.
Mock test papers help you calculate how much time each subject will take in the exam. Accordingly, you can have an idea about the time you should allow for numerical as well as theory questions.
It also helps overcome the exam’s phobias, such as over-excitement or nervousness in the exam. The more test you’ll take, the better you’ll understand your strong and weak areas.
NTA UGC NET Law Exam Cut Off Marks
NTA releases the UGC NET Law Cut Off marks after the declaration of results.
You have to obtain the minimum cut-off marks to get selected for the merit list. The merit list will be prepared category-wise and subject-wise for each subject.
Only the top 6% qualified candidates will be considered for the Junior Research Fellowship program.
Go through the UGC NET Cut off for Law Paper 2020 from the table below (official) to get an idea for this year.
NTA UGC NET Law Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June
|Law Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
NTA UGC NET Law Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June
|Law Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
UGC NET Law Preparation Tips
You already know that when you are preparing for UGC NET Law Exams, it’s a milestone that needs to be achieved.
With a proper study plan and essential materials, you can score a better mark in the NET Law Exam.
We are providing the complete UGC NET Preparation Tips below to enhance your UGC NET 2023 Exam preparation.
- Know the Law syllabus and exam pattern to better understand the topics covered.
- Analyze the pattern of the questions and the relative weightage of the topics in the Law previous years’ papers.
- Create a solid study plan thoroughly and ensure your plan contains enough time for revision and relaxation.
- Make notes while studying for a quick review of concepts.
- Revise as many times as possible to recollect the information easily on the day of the exam.
- Practice multiple NET Law past years’ question papers to get a clear idea of what to expect during the actual exam and avoids any surprise on the last day.
- Appearing for mock tests helps you to know the stand concerning your preparation.
- Learn time management to boost your speed to solve a problem.
- Eat healthy foods and stay relaxed.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Law Exam 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.