UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus 2023: NTA provides opportunities to make a career in Forensic Science through UGC NET Forensic Science Exam.
It gives job options for the profile of Assistant Professor and JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) in various reputed universities and institutions.
To prepare for the Forensic Science NET exam, you must know the complete NTA UGC NET Syllabus 2023 for Forensic Science.
Here we have provided the latest UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus 2023 in Hindi and English.
UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus 2023
National Testing Agency (NTA) releases the UGC NET syllabus along with the latest notification.
However, since the UGC NET syllabus for both paper-I and -II was revised by NTA in June 2019, no changes are likely to be made to this year’s NET syllabus.
The subject code for UGC NET Forensic Science is 82. It comprises two online papers namely Paper-I & Paper-II with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)s.
UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus For Paper I 2023
UGC NET Syllabus for Forensic Science Paper I tests the reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
UGC NET Forensic Science Paper I syllabus will have 50 questions worth 100 marks. The Paper I syllabus has 10 units, and precisely 5 questions will be asked from each unit.
Go through the exam pattern of the UGC NET Forensic Science Paper 1 syllabus mentioned below:
|Part I: Teaching Aptitude||5||10|
|Part II: Research Aptitude||5||10|
|Part III: Reading Comprehension||5||10|
|Part IV: Communication||5||10|
|Part V: Reasoning (including Maths)||5||10|
|Part VI: Logical Reasoning||5||10|
|Part VII: Data Interpretation||5||10|
|Part VIII: Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||5||10|
|Part IX: People & Environment||5||10|
|Part X: Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration||5||10|
UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus For Paper II 2023 In English
Here you can check the latest UGC NET Syllabus For Forensic Science Paper-II 22 for English Medium.
Unit – I
- Forensic Science: Definition, History & Development, Scope, Ethics in Forensic Science
- Physical Evidence: Nature, Types, Search methods, Collection, Preservation, Packing & Forwarding of Physical & Trace evidence for forensic analyses, Chain of Custody
- Crime Scene: Nature, Types, Preservation of Scene of Crime
- Criminal Investigations: Unnatural deaths, Criminal assaults, Sexual offences, Poisoning, Vehicular accidents
- Courts: Types, powers and jurisdiction, Admissibility of evidence in Courts, Definition of Experts, Provisions in Cr. P.C.,1973 & Indian Evidence Act relating to experts & their reports; Court Procedures pertaining to Expert Testimony & Witness
- Organization of Forensic Science Laboratories of Centre and State, NCRB and NICFS
- Fundamental Rights: Right of Equality (Articles 14 to 18) and Right of Freedom (Articles 19 to 22) as per Constitution of India
- Criminal Profiling: Profile of victim and culprit, its role in crime investigation, Lie detection (Polygraphy), Narco analysis, Brain mapping, scope and limitations
- Concept of quality control management in Forensic institutions
Unit – II
- Microscopy: Polarizing, Comparison, Stereoscopic, Fluorescent and Electron Microscopes
- Spectrophotometry: UV, Visible, IR, Raman, Atomic absorption, Emission
- Neutron Activation Analysis
- X – rays and x-ray based techniques such as XRD, XRF
- Mass Spectroscopy
- Chromatographic Techniques: TLC, GLC, HPLC,HPTLC
- Hyphenated Techniques: GC-MS, LC-MS, IR-MS and ICP-MS
- Electrophoresis: High and Low voltage electrophoresis, Immunoelectrophoresis
- Immunoassays: Principle, Types, Techniques and applications3.
Unit – III
- Detection and Identification of Bloodstains
- Determination of Species of Origin
- Blood Group Systems
- Techniques of Determination of Blood groups of Blood Stains
- Detection of Seminal and other body fluids and their Blood Grouping, Red cells Enzymes, Serum Proteins of forensic significance
- Disputed Paternity & Maternity
- DNA: Structure, DNA as a genetic marker, DNA Extraction and Profiling Techniques
- DNA Phenotyping and RNA Profiling & their applications
- Wildlife Forensics: Wildlife (Protection) Act,1972, Scope, Evidence and Identification
Unit – IV
- Analysis of Ethyl alcohol in beverages, liquors, biological fluids and breath
- Analysis of Methanol and Denaturants
- Illicit liquors
- Analysis of Chemicals in Trap Cases
- Metabolism and Chemical examination of:
- Insecticides & Pesticides, Tranquillizers & Sedatives, Hypnotics Stimulants, Narcotics, Opiates, Drugs of abuse; Analyses of above and Their Toxicity
- Plant poisons
- Metallic Poisons
- Extraction, Isolation & Clean-up procedures, Identification of common poisons from viscera, tissues and body fluids
Unit – V
- Firearms: Types, Classification, Ammunition and their Compositions
- Forensic examination of Firearms, Ammunition, Firearms’ projectiles (Bullets, Shots, Slug etc.), Shell case
- Gunshot residues analysis
- Concept of Velocity, Penetration, Dispersion, Ricochet, Accidental Discharge, Determination of Range in firearm cases
- Examination of Country made firearms
- Basics of Internal, External and Terminal Ballistics
- Tool marks: Meaning, Types and Examination
- Restoration of Erased Markings on Metal Surfaces
Unit – VI
- Fire and Arson: Analyses of Petroleum Products and other incendiary materials
- Explosives: Definition, Types and Analyses
- Bombs: Country made bombs, Improvised Explosive Devices ( IEDs ) and their examination
- Investigation in Explosion and Arson related cases
- Photography: Types, application in criminal investigation & Forensic evidence examination
Unit – VII
- Hair & Fibers: Nature, Types, Structure and Examination
- Pollens and Diatoms: Their application in Forensic investigation
- Dust & Soil: Nature, Types, Forensic Examination
- Paint, Lacquer & Varnishes: Nature, composition and forensic examination
- Glass: Composition, Types, Fractures, Examination
- Cement, Mortar and Concrete: General Composition, Forensic Analysis
- Computer Forensics: Introduction, Types of Computer crimes, Digital evidence- Seizure, Acquisition and Forensic examination
- Mobile Phone Forensics
Unit – VIII
- Fingerprints: History, Characteristics, Types, Classification, Preservation, Development, Lifting and Comparison, Examination of Chance Prints, Computerization of Fingerprints, AFIS
- Track Marks: Foot Prints, Shoe Prints, Tire Marks, Their Preservation & Casting, Comparison, Skidmarks. Gait pattern
- Biometric Systems of Identification and its relevance
- Voice Analysis: Introduction, Significance, Structure of Human Voice apparatus, Voice spectrography, Voice analysis, Legal aspects and limitations
Unit – IX
- Documents: Definition, Types, Preliminary examination of documents
- Reproduction of documents through photographic and mechanical means and their examination
- Examination of Alterations such as Erasures, Obliterations & Additions
- Indentations, Secret writings and Charred documents
- Inks, Papers and their scientific examinations with modern methods
- Age of documents
- Examination of Typescripts, Printed matter including currency notes and lottery tickets. Mechanical impressions
- Hand writings: Class and Individual characteristics of Handwritings, Factors affecting handwritings, Standard samples for comparison, Comparison of hand-written texts
- Anonymous and disguised writings
- Identification of handwriting, signatures, detection of forged signature and forgeries
- Examination of Credit Cards and Similar materials
- Modes & Manner of deaths, Sexual offences and its medicolegal importance, Amendments in law related to sexual offences
- Post – mortem examination and Post – mortem changes, Estimation of time since death
- Injuries & Wounds: Types, Medicolegal importance, Gunshot wounds
- Determination of Species of Origin, Sex, Age, Stature, and individual identification through skeletal remains
- Identification through Skull superimposition and facial reconstruction
- Human dentition, Type of teeth, determination of Age, Bite marks
- Forensic Entomology: Introduction, Insects of forensic importance, Insects on Carrion, Forensic applications
UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus For Paper II 2023 In Hindi
Here you can check some important topics of the UGC NET Syllabus For Forensic Science Paper-II 22 In Hindi.
Here you can check the latest NTA NET Forensic Science Syllabus 2023 for Paper II in Hindi Medium:
UGC NET Forensic Science Old Syllabus
The UGC NET examination old syllabus which was applicable till December 2018 can be downloaded in pdf format from the following link.
Kindly note that this syllabus is considered outdated and is now not applicable for the upcoming UGC NET examination in Forensic Science.
You can use it only for your reference purpose.
Other Important Study Materials for UGC NET Forensic Science
You should have the following study materials to boost your exam preparation for the NTA UGC NET Forensic Science Exam.
UGC NET Forensic Science Exam Pattern 2023
UGC NET Forensic Science Exam has two papers, i.e., Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Here you can know the facts about UGC NET Forensic Science Exam 2023
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
Important Points About UGC NET Forensic Science Exam Pattern:
- The Test will have two papers. Both papers will consist of objective-type, multiple-choice questions.
- There will be no break between papers.
- you will get 2 marks for each correct response,
- There is no negative marking for an incorrect response.
- No marks will be given for questions Unanswered.
Benefits Of the Latest UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus 2023
Understanding the UGC NET Forensic Science syllabus assists you to plan preparation strategies and knowledge about the chapters that need to be focused on more.
UGC NET Forensic Science syllabus gives a clear idea of the actual question paper pattern so that you can be well-prepared for the exams & score good marks.
The subject experts create the syllabus in a simple language that enables you to understand the concepts easily.
- UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus 2023 is a well-constructed studying tool.
- The syllabus PDF includes the complete course structure along with the marks weightage for every chapter.
- UGC NET Forensic Science syllabus enables you to understand the concepts to score high marks in the examination.
- UGC NET Forensic Science syllabus assists you to prepare effectively for your UGC NET exams to not skip any important chapters.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.