UGC NET Electronic Science Syllabus 2023: NTA provides opportunities to make a career in Electronic Science through UGC NET Electronic Science Exam.
It gives job options for the profile of Assistant Professor and JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) in various reputed universities and institutions.
To prepare for the Electronic Science NET exam, you must know the complete NTA UGC NET Syllabus 2023 for Electronic Science.
Here we have provided the latest UGC NET Electronic Science Syllabus 2023.
UGC NET Electronic Science Syllabus 2023
National Testing Agency (NTA) releases the UGC NET syllabus along with the latest notification.
However, since the UGC NET syllabus for both paper-I and -II was revised by NTA in June 2019, no changes are likely to be made to this year’s NET syllabus.
The subject code for UGC NET Electronic Science is 88. It comprises two online papers namely Paper-I & Paper-II with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)s.
UGC NET Electronic Science Syllabus For Paper I 2023
UGC NET Syllabus for Electronic Science Paper I tests the reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
UGC NET Electronic Science Paper I syllabus will have 50 questions worth 100 marks. The Paper I syllabus has 10 units, and precisely 5 questions will be asked from each unit.
Go through the exam pattern of the UGC NET Electronic Science Paper 1 syllabus mentioned below:
|Part I: Teaching Aptitude||5||10|
|Part II: Research Aptitude||5||10|
|Part III: Reading Comprehension||5||10|
|Part IV: Communication||5||10|
|Part V: Reasoning (including Maths)||5||10|
|Part VI: Logical Reasoning||5||10|
|Part VII: Data Interpretation||5||10|
|Part VIII: Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||5||10|
|Part IX: People & Environment||5||10|
|Part X: Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration||5||10|
UGC NET Electronic Science Syllabus For Paper II 2023
Here you can check the latest UGC NET Syllabus For Electronic Science Paper-II 22.
- Introduction to Semiconductor, energy bands in solids, the concept of effective mass, density of states, Fermi levels. PN Junction, Diode equation and diode equivalent circuit, Breakdown in diodes, Zener diode, Tunnel diode, Metal semiconductor junction – Ohmic and Schottky contacts, Characteristics and equivalent circuits of JFET, MOSFET. Low dimensional semiconductor devices – quantum wells, quantum wires, quantum dots. High Electron Mobility Transistor (HEMT), Solar cells – I-V characteristics, fill factor and efficiency, LED, LCD and flexible display devices.
- Emerging materials for future Devices: Graphene, Carbon Nanotubes (CNT), ZnO, SiC etc.
- IC fabrication – crystal growth, epitaxy, oxidation, lithography, doping, etching, isolation methods, metallization, bonding, Thin film deposition and characterization Techniques: XRD, TEM, SEM, EDX, Thin-film active and passive devices, MOS technology and VLSI, scaling of MOS devices, NMOS and CMOS structures and fabrication, Characteristics of MOS transistors and threshold voltage, NMOS and CMOS inverters, Charge-Coupled Device (CCD) – structure, charge storage and transfer, Basics of VLSI design, stick diagrams, Layout design rules
- Superposition, Thevenin, Norton and Maximum Power Transfer Theorems, Network elements, Network graphs, Nodal and Mesh analysis. Laplace Transform, Fourier Transform and Z-transform. Time and frequency domain response, Passive filters, Two-port Network Parameters: Z, Y, ABCD and h parameters, Transfer functions, Signal representation, State variable method of circuit analysis, AC circuit analysis, Transient analysis, Zero and Poles, Bode Plots Continuous-time signals, Fourier Series and Fourier transform representations, Sampling theorem and applications, Discrete-time signal, Discrete Fourier transform (DFT), Fast Fourier transform (FFT), Basic concepts of digital signal processing, digital filters – IIR, FIR.
UNIT – IV
- Rectifiers, Voltage regulated ICs and regulated power supply, Biasing of Bipolar junction transistors and FETs, operating point and stability, Amplifiers, Classification of amplifiers, Concept of feedback, Hartley, Colpitt’s and Phase Shift oscillators, Operational amplifiers (OPAMP) – characteristics, computational applications, comparators, Schmitt trigger, Instrumentation amplifiers, wave shaping circuits, Phase-locked loops, Active filters, Multivibrators, Voltage to frequency converters (V/F), frequency to voltage converters (F/V).
- Logic Families, Logic Gates, Boolean algebra and minimization techniques, Combinational circuits, Programmable Logic Devices (PLD), CPLD, flip-flops, memories, Sequential Circuits: Counters – Ring, Ripple, Synchronous, Asynchronous, Shift registers, multiplexers and demultiplexers, A/D and D/A converters, Analysis and Design of fundamental mode state machines: State variables, State table and State diagram. Sequential PLD, FPGA, Analysis and Design of digital circuits using HDL.
- Introduction of Microprocessor 8086: Architecture, Addressing modes, instruction set, interrupts, Programming, Memory and I/O interfacing.
- Introduction of Microcontrollers – 8051 for embedded systems, Architecture and register set of Microcontroller 8051, Addressing modes, the Instruction set of 8051 – Data transfer instructions, Arithmetic instructions, Logic instructions, bit-level and byte-level control transfer instructions, 8051 assembly programming – stack operations, subroutines, interrupts, 8051 programmings as timer/counter, 8051 serial communication, 8051 interfacing RS232, LED/LCD display, Keyboard, Stepper motor
- Electrostatics – vector calculus, Gauss’s Law, Laplace and Poisson’s equations, Magnetostatics – Biot Savert’s law, Ampere’s law and electromagnetic induction, Maxwell’s equations and wave equations, Plane wave propagation in free space, dielectrics and conductors, Poynting theorem, Reflection and refraction, polarization, interference, coherence and diffraction, Transmission lines and waveguides – line equations, impedance, reflections and voltage standing wave ratio, rectangular waveguides. Antennas – retarded potential and Hertzian dipole, half-wave antenna, antenna patterns, radiation intensity, gain, effective area and Frii’s free space receiver power equation.Microwave Sources and Devices -Reflex Klystron, Magnetron, TWT, Gunn diode, IMPATT diode, Crystal Detector and PIN diode.
- Radar – block diagram of Radar, frequencies and power used, Radar range equation.
- Analogue modulation and demodulation – AM, FM and PM, Principle of the superheterodyne receiver, Random signals, noise, noise temperature and noise figure, Basic concepts of information theory, Error detection and correction, Digital modulation and demodulation – PCM, ASK, FSK, PSK, BPSK, QPSK and QAM, Time and Frequency-Division Multiplexing, Multiple Access techniques, Data Communications – Modems, Codes, Principles of Mobile and Satellite Communication, Optical communication, Optical sources – LED, spontaneous and stimulated emission, semiconductor Lasers, Detectors – PIN photodiodes, avalanche photodiodes (APD), Optical fibres – attenuation and dispersion characteristics, Bandwidth, Wavelength division multiplexing.
- Fundamentals of Internet of Things (IoT) for communication.
- Power devices – characteristics of SCR, DIAC, TRIAC, power transistors, Protection of thyristors against over voltage and over current. SCR triggering – DV/DT and di/DT, triggering with single pulse and train of pulses, A.C. and D.C. motors – construction and speed control. Switched Mode Power Supply (SMPS). Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS).
- Open-loop and closed-loop control system, Block Diagram reduction techniques, transfer function and signal flow diagram, Stability criterion: Routh-Hurwitz and Nyquist plot, On-off controller, Proportional (P), Proportional-Integral (PI), Proportional-Derivative (PD), PID controllers
UNIT – X
- Transducers – Resistance, Inductance, Capacitance, Piezoelectric, Thermoelectric, Hall effect, Photoelectric, Measurement of displacement, velocity, acceleration, force, torque, strain, temperature, pressure, flow, humidity, thickness, pH. Measuring Equipment – Measurement of R, L and C, Bridge and Potentiometers, voltage, current, power, energy, frequency/time, phase, Digital Multimeters, CRO, Digital Storage Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer., Biomedical Instruments – ECG, EEG, Blood Pressure Measurements, MEMS and its applications Sensors for IoT applications.
UGC NET Electronic Science Old Syllabus
The UGC NET examination old syllabus which was applicable till December 2018 can be downloaded in pdf format from the following link.
Kindly note that this syllabus is considered outdated and is now not applicable for the upcoming UGC NET examination in Electronic Science.
You can use it only for your reference purpose.
Other Important Study Materials for UGC NET Electronic Science
You should have the following study materials to boost your exam preparation for the NTA UGC NET Electronic Science Exam.
UGC NET Electronic Science Exam Pattern 2023
UGC NET Electronic Science Exam has two papers, i.e., Paper 1 and Paper 2. Here you can know the facts about UGC NET Electronic Science Exam 2023
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English|
Important Points About UGC NET Electronic Science Exam Pattern:
- The Test will have two papers. Both papers will consist of objective-type, multiple-choice questions.
- There will be no break between papers.
- You will get 2 marks for each correct response,
- There is no negative marking for an incorrect response.
- No marks will be given for questions Unanswered.
Benefits Of the Latest NTA UGC NET Electronic Science Syllabus 2023
Understanding the NTA UGC NET Electronic Science syllabus assists you to plan preparation strategies and knowledge about the chapters that need to be focused on more.
UGC NET Electronic Science syllabus gives a clear idea of the actual question paper pattern so that you can be well-prepared for the exams & score good marks.
The subject experts create the syllabus in a simple language that enables you to understand the concepts easily.
- NTA UGC NET Electronic Science Syllabus 2023 is a well-constructed studying tool.
- The syllabus PDF includes the complete course structure along with the marks weightage for every chapter.
- NTA UGC NET Electronic Science syllabus enables you to understand the concepts to score high marks in the examination.
- NTA UGC NET Electronic Science syllabus assists you to prepare effectively for your UGC NET exams to not skip any important chapters.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Electronic Science Syllabus 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.