UGC NET Education Exam 2023: UGC NET Exam is one of the most prestigious National Level Examination.
The exam is conducted to check the candidates’ eligibility skills and whether they are qualified enough for the posts of Assistant Professors and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
The subject code for Education is 09. It comprises two online papers namely Paper-I & Paper-II with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)s.
If you want to start your career as a JRF or Assistant Professor then you should go for the UGC NET 2023 Exam.
In this article, you will get a detailed guide on UGC NET Education Exam 2023. And, also detailed Syllabus, Study Material, & Preparation Tips to crack the exam.
Why Choose UGC NET Education?
Qualifying for the UGC-NET Education exam opens up several career opportunities. It provides you with numerous job opportunities in the field of teaching and research.
Apart from these two career options, you can also get a job in PSUs that consider the UGC-NET exam score to hire for certain posts.
The following list will help you know the amazing career scopes available after clearing UGC NET Education Exam.
- Researcher in government institutes with advantages like many wonderful Scholarships & Fellowships offered by UGC to financially smoothen your journey.
- Doctorate degree in Education
- Lecturer in any of the UGC Approved Universities.
- Counselor by developing your expertise in Education
- Government jobs
UGC NET Education Eligibility Criteria 2023
You must check the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria for Education before filling out the online Application Form.
You should meet all essential criteria as mentioned in Educational Qualification & Age Limit.
Educational Qualification for NET Education Exam 2023
- You have to complete Post-Graduation in Education or another equivalent subject.
- If you are belonging to General Category, then you have to secure 55% in Education or equivalent subject, and for ST/SC/OBC/PWD/Transgenders, the percentage criteria are 50%.
NET Education Exam Age Limit 2023
- For JRF: 30 Years for the General Category & Up to 5 Years of Age Relaxation in Other Categories.
- For Lectureship: No Upper Age Limit for NET Exam 2023 Education Lectureship.
UGC NET Education Syllabus 2023
NET Education Syllabus lets you know about the topics covered in the exam. You should know that the Education exam is divided into two parts, i.e., UGC NET Paper 1 & Paper 2.
UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus is common for all candidates, but paper 2 is based on Education.
- Paper-I Syllabus covers teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- Paper-II Syllabus is based on Education subject. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
For your upcoming exam, you must go through the UGC NET Syllabus for Education. So don’t miss out on anything.
UGC NET Education Syllabus for Paper 1
Here is the NET Education Exam Syllabus for Paper 1-
|Unit 1||Teaching Aptitude|
|Unit 2||Research Aptitude|
|Unit 3||Reading Comprehension|
|Unit 5||Reasoning (including Maths)|
|Unit 6||Logical Reasoning|
|Unit 7||Data Interpretation|
|Unit 8||Information & Communication Technology (ICT)|
|Unit 9||People & Environment|
Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration
UGC NET Education Syllabus for Paper 2
The University Grants Commission (UGC) NET revised its syllabus for UGC NET in Education in June 2019 and the same syllabus will be applicable for the upcoming UGC NET / JRF and SET or SLET examination.
Here is the NET Education Exam Syllabus for Paper 2-
The details of the syllabus of Paper 2 can be downloaded in pdf format from the following link:
UGC NET Education Exam Pattern 2023
UGC NET Exam is a computer-based test having multiple-choice questions. UGC NET Exam Pattern will consist of details related to the UGC NET 2023 Exam mode, the number of questions asked, sections, marking scheme, and more.
Check out the table below for a quick overview of the NTA NET Education paper pattern:
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
UGC NET Education Old Exam Pattern
You should know that till November 2017, UGC NET in Education consists of three papers, i.e. paper-1, paper-2, and paper-3. Paper-1 was general and compulsory for all subjects, and paper-2 and paper-3 were based on Education.
However, from June 2018, UGC NET in Education consists of only two papers, i.e. paper-1 and paper-2 (merging the previous paper-2 and paper-3 into the current paper-2).
So, you are requested to go through the previous Paper 2 and Paper 3 to better prepare yourself for the current Paper 2 in Education.
UGC NET examination in Education was conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) till June 2014. From December 2014 to June 2018 UGC NET exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
NTA started to conduct the exam from Dec. 2018 onwards.
UGC NET Education Previous Year Question Papers With Solutions
Previous Year Question Papers are one of the best study materials for the NET Education 2023 Exam.
To get an idea of the NET Education question paper, you have to practice the NET previous year’s question papers.
Solving question papers will familiarise you with the difficulty level of questions, types of questions, and common question topics.
The UGC NET Education previous year’s question papers provide valuable insights into the types of questions asked the exam pattern, and the weightage of different topics according to the syllabus.
When you go through the past year’s question papers for UGC NET, you will figure out the important topics and how you must revise them.
It will save time in the long run and keep you focused.
UGC NET Education answer key 2023
National Testing Agency releases the Education answer key online at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. You can download the UGC NET answer key 2023 with Question Paper and Response Sheet from the direct link given below. Get here complete details for the UGC NET answer key including the process to download the answer key, objection process, marking scheme, and other information.
In order to download the Education answer key, login with your application number and either date of birth or password. The conducting body first publishes the provisional answer key followed by the final answer key.
Candidates who appeared for the UGC NET 2023 Education exam can download the provisional answer key now and submit objections if they are not satisfied with any answer or question. UGC NET result is prepared based on the final answer key. For challenging the UGC NET answer key for Education, candidates need to pay a fee of INR 1,000 per challenge.
How to download UGC NET Education answer key 2023?
- Step 1: Log on to the official website of NTA UGC NET – https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on the answer key link available for the UGC NET exam
- Step 3: Click on any one of the login links:
- Through the application number and password
- Through application number and date of birth
- Step 4: Enter the following details:
- Application number
- Date of birth or password
- Security pin as shown on the screen
- Step 5: Click on the Sign In button
- Step 6: Download the UGC NET answer key, response sheet, and question paper
Best Books For UGC NET Education & Study Materials
Selecting books with the latest edition can be beneficial as those UGC NET exam books will include the latest add-ons of the new topics which are added.
The author becomes renowned if his content is rich and provides data according to the reader’s needs.
Those books that cover most of the topics or help you understand the syllabus easily and accurately will be called as best books for UGC NET preparation.
Books available in the market belong to many authors. Some are new authors that try writing a good book.
While some are nationally recognized and have established names. While selecting a book, you must check the author and try buying UGC NET exam books from well-known authors only.
You can also refer to the UGC NET Books for Education Exam from the below link:
UGC NET Education Mock Test
UGC NET practice tests offer a good amount of practice, which helps you during the exam.
Practicing mock tests increases the speed of problem-solving and helps you know in which subject you are weak.
Mock test papers help you calculate how much time each topic will take in the exam.
Accordingly, you can have an idea about the time you should allow for numerical as well as theory questions.
These practice tests are conducted under-stimulated conditions with the aim to evaluate the knowledge of students. Therefore, you should take this test seriously.
Through mock tests, you also get the opportunity to solve every question with a positive attitude.
NTA UGC NET Education Exam Cut Off Marks
NTA releases the UGC NET Education Cut-Off marks after the declaration of results.
You have to obtain the minimum cut-off marks to get selected for the merit list. The merit list will be prepared category-wise and subject-wise for each subject.
Only the top 6% qualified candidates will be considered for the Junior Research Fellowship program.
Go through the UGC NET Cut off for Education Paper 2020 from the table below (official) to get an idea for this year.
NTA UGC NET Education Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June
|Education Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
NTA UGC NET Education Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June
|Education Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
NTA UGC NET Education Preparation Tips
You already know that when you are preparing for NET Education Exams, it’s a milestone that needs to be achieved.
With a proper study plan and essential materials, you can score a better mark in the NET Education Exam.
We are providing the complete UGC NET Preparation Tips below to enhance your UGC NET 2023 Exam preparation.
- Know the Education syllabus and exam pattern to better understand the topics covered.
- Analyze the pattern of the questions and the relative weightage of the topics in the NET Education previous years’ papers.
- Create a solid study plan thoroughly and ensure your plan contains enough time for revision and relaxation.
- Make notes while studying for a quick review of concepts.
- Revise as many times as possible to recollect the information easily on the day of the exam.
- Practice multiple NET Education past years’ question papers to get a clear idea of what to expect during the actual exam and avoids any surprise on the last day.
- Appearing for mock tests helps you to know the stand concerning your preparation.
- Learn time management to boost your speed to solve a problem.
- Eat healthy foods and stay relaxed.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Education Exam 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.