UGC NET Comparative Literature Syllabus 2023: National Eligibility Test known as UGC NET is conducted twice a year for the selection of deserving candidates for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian Govt. Universities and Colleges.
To prepare for the Comparative Literature NET exam, you must know the complete NTA UGC NET Syllabus 2023 for Comparative Literature.
Here we have provided the latest UGC NET Comparative Literature Syllabus 2023 in Hindi and English.
UGC NET Comparative Literature Syllabus 2023
National Testing Agency (NTA) releases the UGC NET syllabus along with the latest notification.
However, since the UGC NET syllabus for both paper-I and -II was revised by NTA in June 2019, no changes are likely to be made to this year’s NET syllabus.
The subject code for UGC NET Comparative Literature is 72. It comprises two online papers namely Paper-I & Paper-II with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)s.
- UGC NET Comparative Literature Paper 1 Syllabus tests teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- UGC NET Comparative Literature Paper 2 Syllabus is based on Comparative Literature. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
To crack the NET exam, you must know the syllabus for both the papers and mark the important topics & sub-topics to start your preparation.
UGC NET Comparative Literature Syllabus For Paper I 2023
UGC NET Syllabus for Comparative Literature Paper I tests the reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
UGC NET Comparative Literature Paper I syllabus will have 50 questions worth 100 marks. The Paper I syllabus has 10 units, and precisely 5 questions will be asked from each unit.
Go through the exam pattern of the UGC NET Comparative Literature Paper 1 syllabus mentioned below:
|Part I: Teaching Aptitude||5||10|
|Part II: Research Aptitude||5||10|
|Part III: Reading Comprehension||5||10|
|Part IV: Communication||5||10|
|Part V: Reasoning (including Maths)||5||10|
|Part VI: Logical Reasoning||5||10|
|Part VII: Data Interpretation||5||10|
|Part VIII: Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||5||10|
|Part IX: People & Environment||5||10|
|Part X: Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration||5||10|
UGC NET Comparative Literature Syllabus For Paper II 2023 In English
Here you can check the latest UGC NET Syllabus For Comparative Literature Paper-II 22 in English.
Unit I: Conceptual Framework of Comparative Literature
- The Emergence of Comparative Literature
- Difference/ Alterity and the Ethics of Plurality
- Limitations of the Idea of National Literature
- Theories of Interpretation
Unit II: Literary Historiography
- Sources of Literary History: Oral, Manuscriptal, Scriptal and Virtual
- Approaches to Literary History: Integrationist and other models
- Problems of Periodization
Unit III: History of Comparative Literature
- History of Comparative Literature: French, German, Russian and Tel Aviv Schools
- Comparative Literature in India: From Tagore to the Present
- World Literature: From Goethe to the Present
- “The State of the Discipline” Reports
Unit IV: Translation in Comparative Context
- History and Politics of Translation
- Translation as Reception
- Problems and Promises of Translation in Multilingual Situations
- Untranslatability and Silence
Unit V: Poetics and Literary Theory
- Indian Poetics: Sanskrit and Tamil
- Perso-Arabic Traditions
- Western Classical Literary Theory
Unit VI: Indian Literature –I
- Classical – Sanskrit, Tamil, Pali and other literary traditions
- Medieval –Formations of Language-Literature (bhasha) Traditions in India; Bhakti, Santand Sufi Literature
- Contact with West Asian, South-east Asian and South Asian literary traditions
Unit VII: Indian Literature – II
- Modernity as a concept
- Colonial Modernity: Transactions with Western Forms and Literary Traditions
- Modernity as Discourse: Multiple Modernisms in the Context of Various Language-Literatures
- Discontents of Modernity: Literatures of Women, Apasis, Dalits, Minorities and others
Unit VIII: Literary Modes, Genres and Themes
- The “literary” as a convention
- Mode and Performativity: Tragedy, Epic and Novel
- Genres: Theories; Taxonomy: Generic Markers and Transformations
- Themes: Motifs, Myth, Archetypes
Unit IX: Interdisciplinarity and Intermediality
- Literature and Other Arts: Texts Across Mediums
- Literary Studies and Other Disciplines
Unit X: Literary Dialogues
- Intertextuality, Parody, and Pastiche
- Re-writing in Diachronic and Synchronic Frames
- Adaptation, Appropriation, and Assimilation
UGC NET Comparative Literature Syllabus For Paper II 2023 In Hindi
Here you can check the latest NTA NET Comparative Literature Syllabus 2023 for Paper II in Hindi:
UGC NET Comparative Literature Old Syllabus
The UGC NET examination old syllabus which was applicable till December 2018 can be downloaded in pdf format from the following link.
Kindly note that this syllabus is considered outdated and is now not applicable for the upcoming UGC NET examination in Comparative Literature.
You can use it only for your reference purpose.
Other Important Study Materials for UGC NET Comparative Literature
You should have the following study materials to boost your exam preparation for the NTA UGC NET Comparative Literature Exam.
UGC NET Comparative Literature Exam Pattern 2023
UGC NET Comparative Literature Exam has two papers, i.e., Paper 1 and Paper 2. Here you can know the facts about the UGC NET Comparative Literature Exam 2023
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
Important Points About UGC NET Comparative Literature Exam Pattern:
- The Test will have two papers. Both papers will consist of objective-type, multiple-choice questions.
- There will be no break between papers.
- you will get 2 marks for each correct response,
- There is no negative marking for an incorrect response.
- No marks will be given for questions Unanswered.
- If a question is found to be incorrect/ambiguous during the critical challenge, only those candidates who have attempted the question and chosen one of the correct answers would be given credit. Only for dropped question(s), if any, marks will be given to all the candidates.
Benefits Of Latest NTA UGC NET Comparative Literature Syllabus 2023
For any preparation to be successful, knowing the syllabus and exam pattern is essential. You can definitely score more with the proper use of the NTA UGC NET Comparative Literature Syllabus.
Some notable benefits from the new UGC NET Comparative Literature 22 Syllabus are as below:
- NTA UGC NET Comparative Literature Syllabus covers all topics that are important for the examinations.
- NTA UGC NET Syllabus for Comparative Literature also mentions the weightage allotted to different units and chapters, knowing which you may form a strategy for preparing for chapters with high or low weightage.
- The question paper format is also explained in the syllabus.
- Having a clear understanding of your syllabus and the weightage of various sections will definitely help you decide how much time you should dedicate to each section.
- Generally, the exam papers for each course are designed as per the syllabus prescribed for that course.
- So, preparing according to the topic and instructions mentioned in the syllabus obviously helps to crack the exam with good scores.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Comparative Literature Syllabus 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.