UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus 2023: NTA provides opportunities to make a career in Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies through UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Exam.
It gives job options for the profile of Assistant Professor and JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) in various reputed universities and institutions.
To prepare for the Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies NET exam, you must know the complete NTA UGC NET Syllabus 2023 for Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies.
Here we have provided the latest UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus 2023 in Hindi and English.
UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus 2023
National Testing Agency (NTA) releases the UGC NET syllabus along with the latest notification.
However, since the UGC NET syllabus for both paper-I and -II was revised by NTA in June 2019, no changes are likely to be made to this year’s NET syllabus.
The subject code for UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies is 60. It comprises two online papers namely Paper-I & Paper-II with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)s.
UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus For Paper I 2023
UGC NET Syllabus for Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies Paper I tests the reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Paper I syllabus will have 50 questions worth 100 marks. The Paper I syllabus has 10 units, and precisely 5 questions will be asked from each unit.
Go through the exam pattern of the UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Paper 1 syllabus mentioned below:
|Part I: Teaching Aptitude||5||10|
|Part II: Research Aptitude||5||10|
|Part III: Reading Comprehension||5||10|
|Part IV: Communication||5||10|
|Part V: Reasoning (including Maths)||5||10|
|Part VI: Logical Reasoning||5||10|
|Part VII: Data Interpretation||5||10|
|Part VIII: Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||5||10|
|Part IX: People & Environment||5||10|
|Part X: Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration||5||10|
UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus For Paper II 2023 In English
Here you can check the latest UGC NET Syllabus For Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies Paper-II 22 for English Medium.
- Life of Gautama the Buddha and the Origin of Buddhism (From the birth to Mahāparinirvāṇa and the events that happened thereafter)
- Buddhist Councils (From first to fourth) and the contribution of great emperors Aśoka and Kanișka to the spread of Buddhism in India, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Thailand, China and Tibet.
- Schools of Buddhism: Theravāda and four Philosophical Schools (Vaibhāșika, Sautrāntika, Vijňānavāda and Mādhyamika)
- Pali and Sanskrit Canonical Buddhist Literature (Pāli Tipiṭaka and Sanskrit Vaipulya Sūtras)
- Life and Works of Buddhaghosa, Nāgārjuna, Vasubandhu and Dharmakīrti.
- Three modes of Teachings of the Buddha: Sīla, Samādhi and Prajňā
- Philosophical Concepts: Trilakṣaṇas: Anitya, Duḥkha and Anātma
- Noble Truths
- Citta-santati and Ᾱlaya-vijňāna
- Śūnyatā and Nirvāṇa
- Budddhist Meditation: Samatha and Vipassanā
- Six heretical thinkers, contemporary to the Buddha and their Philosophy.
- Ancient Buddhist Educational Institutions (Mahāvihāras): Nālandā, Valabhi, Vikramaśilā, Udantapurī, Somapurī and Jagaddala.
- Buddhist sculpture and Architecture: Nālandā, Bodhagayā Temple, Ajantā Caves, Sāncī Stūpa, Sāranātha
- Places of Buddhist Pilgrimage: Lumbinī, Bodhagayā, Sāranātha and Kuśīnārā
- Revival of Buddhism and Contribution of Anāgarika Dharmapāla, Mahāthera, Kṛpāśaraṇa, Candramaṇi Mahāthera and Bhikṣhu Jagadīśa Kāśyapa.
- Impact of Buddhism on Social and Economic Life.
- History of Jainism: Kālacakra (cycle of time) and the tradition of Tīrthaṅkaras – Life-sketch of Lord Ṛṣabhadeva, Pārśvanātha and Mahāvīra
- Jain Sects and their sub-division: Digambara and Śvetāmbara and their sub-sects.
- Ṇamokāra Mahāmantra, Five Preceptor (Pañca Parameṣṭhi), Prayer, Bhakti, Upāsanā; Three Jewels : Samyakdarśana-Jñāna-Cāritra.
- Prakrit Canonical (Āgama) Literature and their VĀCANĀS (councils).
- Prominent Ācāryas of Jainism : Life and works of Ācārya Kundakunda, Ācārya Umāsvāmi(ti), Ācārya Siddhasena, Ācārya Akalaṅka svāmi, Ācārya Haribhadra Sūri, Ācārya Vīrasena Svāmi, Ācārya Jinasena, Ācārya Hemchandra Sūri and Ācārya Yaśovijay.
- Vows: vows of Householders- Aṇuvratas, Guṇavratas and Śikṣāvratas; Great Vows (Mahāvratas) of Monks- Ahiṃsā (non-violence), Satya (truth), Asteya (non-stealing), Braḥmacarya (celibacy) and Aparigraha (non-possessiveness).
- Seven elements and six substances; Theory of Karma and its classification, Puruṣārtha.
- The concept of Knowledge and its classification.
- Anekāntavāda and Syādvāda; Jain Yoga and Dhyāna.
- The concept of Liberation in Jainism
- Jain Art (Śilpa) and Architecture: Jain caves and temples of Southern India, Jain Temples of Khajurāho, Devagarḥa, Pālitānā and Mount-Ābu.
- Jain Sculptures, Paintings and Jain Iconography: important Jain Sculptures available in India, Idols received from Śravaṇabelagolā and Mathurā.
- Impact of Jain Religion on Society: Vegetarianism (Śakāhāra) and Charity (Dāna); Status of women in Jain Religion.
- Environmental and Ecological thoughts in Jainism; Jainism and Science.
- Main Centres of Jaina Learning: Śravaṇabelagolā, Jesalamera, Ahmedabad, Varanasi, Vaishali, Koba, Ladnun, Jaipur, Delhi; Jainism in abroad.
- Mahatma Gandhi:
- Family background
- Early life and education in India and England
- Impact of various Religions and their Scriptures
- Gandhi in South Africa:
- The origin of Satyagraha
- Struggle against Racial discrimination, injustice and exploitation
- Impact of Leo Tolstoy, John Ruskin, Henry David Thoreau, Raichandra Bhai etc.
- Foundations of Gandhi’s Social, Political, Economic and Religious Thought:
- Views on Social Justice, Social inequalities, Caste System and Untouchability.
- Women’s Problems and Empowerment
- Gandhi’s views on Truth, Non-Violence, Satyagraha and the Theory of ends and means
- State and Democracy:
- Panchayat Raj
- Parliamentary Democracy, Sovereignty, Freedom, Spiritualization of
- Human Rights and Duties.
- Fundamentals of Gandhian
- Critique of Modern Western Civilization, Labour – Capital Relations
- Small-Scale Cottage Industries
- Constructive Programme and Sustainable Development.
- Gandhi’s Role in Freedom Movement:
- Ahmedabad Mill Strike, Dandi March
- Bardoli and Kheda Satyagrahas
- His Role in Vykom Satyagraha and Quit India Movement.
- Gandhi and Partition of India.
- Peace Studies:
- Understanding Peace – Coercive and Non-Coercive Approaches, Culture of
- The problem of War: Causes, Types, Attributes and Theories of War.
- Major Peace Movements:
- Pacifism, Civil Rights Movement in the U.S.A. Campaign for Nuclear
- Disarmament by various Agencies.
- Green Peace Movement.
- The contemporary Global Issues regarding World War and Quest for Peace.
- Legacy of Peace Builders: Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King (Jr.),
- Daisaku Ikeda and Nelson Mandela.
- Concept, Nature and Causes, Methods of Conflict Resolution.
- Agencies of Conflict Resolution, UN Peace Keeping, Peace Building, Peace
- Education, Adjudication, Role of Shanti Sena, Track–II Diplomacy, etc.
- Human Security and Terrorism:
- The problem of Terrorism
- Structural and State Violence
UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus For Paper II 2023 In Hindi
Here you can check some important topics of the UGC NET Syllabus For Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies Paper-II 22 In Hindi.
Here you can check the latest NTA NET Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus 2023 for Paper II in Hindi Medium:
UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Old Syllabus
The UGC NET examination old syllabus which was applicable till December 2018 can be downloaded in pdf format from the following link.
Kindly note that this syllabus is considered outdated and now not applicable for the upcoming UGC NET examination in Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian, and Peace Studies.
You can use it only for your reference purpose.
Other Important Study Materials for UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies
You should have the following study materials to boost your NTA UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Exam exam preparation.
Click on the link to access and Free Download other important study materials related to the UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Exam.
UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Exam Pattern 2023
UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Exam has two papers, i.e., Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Here you can know the facts about UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Exam 2023
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
Important Points About UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Exam Pattern:
- The Test will have two papers. Both papers will consist of objective-type, multiple-choice questions.
- There will be no break between papers.
- you will get 2 marks for each correct response,
- There is no negative marking for an incorrect response.
- No marks will be given for questions Unanswered.
Benefits Of Latest UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus 2023
Understanding the UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies syllabus assists you to plan preparation strategies and knowledge about the chapters that need to be focused on more.
UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies syllabus gives a clear idea of the actual question paper pattern so that you can be well-prepared for the exams & score good marks.
The subject experts create the syllabus in a simple language that enables you to understand the concepts easily.
- UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus 2023 is a well-constructed studying tool.
- The syllabus PDF includes the complete course structure along with the marks weightage for every chapter.
- UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies syllabus enables you to understand the concepts to score high marks in the examination.
- UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies syllabus assists you to prepare effectively for your UGC NET exams to not skip any important chapters.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.