UGC NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Exam 2023: The National Eligibility Test, known as UGC NET, is conducted twice a year for the selection of deserving candidates for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in the Indian Govt. Universities and Colleges.
The subject code for Arab Culture and Islamic Studies is 49. It comprises two online papers namely Paper-I & Paper-II with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)s.
If you have completed your postgraduate in Arab Culture and Islamic Studies and want to pursue a better career option in this field, you should go for the UGC NET 2023 Exam.
In this article, you will get a detailed guide on UGC NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Exam 2023. And, also detailed Syllabus, Study Material, & Preparation Tips to crack the exam.
Why Choose UGC NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies?
Many postgraduate students prefer to appear for the NET Exam with an increasing trend of research & lectureship as a career.
It provides you with numerous job opportunities in the field of teaching and research.
Apart from these two career options, you can also get a job in PSUs that consider the UGC-NET exam score to hire for certain posts.
The following list will help you know the amazing career scopes available after clearing Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Exam.
- Researcher in government institutes with advantages like many wonderful Scholarships & Fellowships offered by UGC to financially smoothen your journey.
- Doctorate degree in Arab Culture and Islamic Studies
- Lecturer in any of the UGC Approved Universities.
- Counsellor by developing your expertise in Arab Culture and Islamic Studies
- Government jobs
UGC NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Eligibility Criteria 2023
You should know the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria for Arab Culture and Islamic Studies before filling out the online Application Form.
In addition, make sure that you have met all essential criteria as mentioned in Educational Qualification & Age Limit.
Educational Qualification for NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Exam 2023
- You have to complete Post-Graduation in Arab Culture and Islamic Studies, Finance, Economics, Business Services, Accountancy, or another equivalent subject.
- If you are belonging to General Category, then you have to secure 55% in Arab Culture and Islamic Studies or equivalent subject, and for ST/SC/OBC/PWD/Transgenders, the percentage criteria are 50%.
NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Exam Age Limit 2023
- For JRF: 30 Years for the General Category & Up to 5 Years of Age Relaxation in Other Categories.
- For Lectureship: No Upper Age Limit for NET Exam 2023 Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Lectureship.
UGC NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Syllabus 2023
Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Syllabus lets you know about the topics covered in the exam. You should know that the Arab Culture and Islamic Studies exam is divided into two parts, i.e., UGC NET Paper 1 & Paper 2. UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus is common for all candidates, but paper 2 is based on the subject you have chosen.
- Paper-I Syllabus covers teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- Paper-II Syllabus is based on Arab Culture and Islamic Studies subject. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
For your upcoming exam, you must go through the UGC NET Syllabus for Arab Culture and Islamic Studies. So don’t miss out on anything.
UGC NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Syllabus for Paper 1:
Here is the NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Exam Syllabus for Paper 1-
|Unit 1||Teaching Aptitude|
|Unit 2||Research Aptitude|
|Unit 3||Reading Comprehension|
|Unit 5||Reasoning (including Maths)|
|Unit 6||Logical Reasoning|
|Unit 7||Data Interpretation|
|Unit 8||Information & Communication Technology (ICT)|
|Unit 9||People & Environment|
Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration
NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Syllabus for Paper 2
The University Grants Commission (UGC) NET revised its syllabus for UGC NET in Arab Culture and Islamic Studies in June 2019 and the same syllabus will be applicable for the upcoming UGC NET / JRF and SET or SLET examination.
UGC NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Exam Pattern 2023
UGC NET Exam is a computer-based test having multiple-choice questions.
You can easily know about the exam to understand its methodology and marking scheme by checking the latest UGC NET Exam Pattern 2023.
Check out the table below for a quick overview of the NTA NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies paper pattern:
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
- Check: UGC NET Exam Pattern
UGC NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Previous Year Question Papers With Solutions
Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Question Papers help you to know the pattern of questions asked.
It is one of the best resources to refer to for UGC NET Exam preparation.
The NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies previous year’s question papers provide valuable insights into the types of questions asked, the exam pattern, and the weightage of different topics according to the syllabus.
Download the UGC NET Question Papers PDF with answer key solutions here.
UGC NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Answer Key
Check UGC NET Answer Key 2021. This answer key has been prepared upon a thorough analysis of the paper by our experts.
The NTA will release the official answer key for the prelims examination soon. Candidates appearing for this exam must be eagerly waiting for the NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies answer key 2021 to check their answers for the preliminary exam.
The Arab Culture and Islamic Studies answer key will be released on the official website,, which can be accessed through the direct link provided in this article.
Best Books For UGC NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies & Study Materials
Selecting books with the latest edition can be beneficial as those NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies books will include the latest add-ons of the new topics based on the latest syllabus.
While selecting a book, you must check the author and try buying Arab Culture and Islamic Studies books from well-known authors only.
Those books that cover most of the topics or help you understand the syllabus easily and accurately will be called as best books for UGC NET preparation.
You can also refer to the UGC NET Books for Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Exam from the below link:
UGC NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Mock Test
Practising Arab Culture and Islamic Studies mock tests provides a better perspective of what kind of questions will appear in the exam. They also help in improving the score in competitive exams.
While solving the UGC NET mock tests, you can mark questions in which you have doubts and get them cleared.
It is basically a replica of the real UGC NET exam. In simple words, UGC NET mock test is a practice test that can be taken by you before starting your preparation or even after.
This way, you can remember what you have learned and perform well in the actual exam.
Through mock tests, you can identify your weak areas. You can easily convert your weakness into strength after revising thee particular area.
NTA UGC NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Exam Cut Off Marks
NTA releases the UGC NET Cut off for Arab Culture and Islamic Studies after the declaration of results.
You have to obtain the minimum cut-off marks to get selected for the merit list. The merit list will be prepared category-wise and subject-wise for each subject.
Only the top 6% qualified candidates will be considered for the Junior Research Fellowship program.
NTA UGC NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Preparation Tips
We’ve put together some helpful UGC NET Preparation Tips to help you prepare for the Arab Culture and Islamic Studies exam. Hope that these tips will assist you in achieving successful exam results.
- Know the Arab Culture and Islamic Studies syllabus and exam pattern to better understand the topics covered.
- Create a solid study plan thoroughly and ensure your plan contains enough time for revision and relaxation.
- Create notes while studying for a quick review of concepts.
- Revise as many times as possible to recollect the information easily on the day of the exam.
- Practice multiple NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies past years’ question papers to get a clear idea of what to expect during the actual exam and avoids any surprise on the last day.
- Appear for mock tests to know the stand concerning your preparation.
- Learn time management to boost your speed to solve a problem.
- Eat healthy foods and stay relaxed.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Arab Culture and Islamic Studies Exam 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.