UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus 2023: If you are an Adult Education student and wish to make your career in this field, then the National Eligibility Test is the most worthwhile career option after pursuing PG.
To crack the Adult Education NET exam, you must know the complete NTA UGC NET Syllabus 2023 for Adult Education.
Here we have provided the latest UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus 2023 in Hindi and English.
UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus 2023
National Testing Agency (NTA) releases the UGC NET syllabus along with the latest notification.
UGC NET Syllabus for both paper-I and -II was revised by NTA in June 2019, no changes are likely to be made to this year’s NET syllabus.
The subject code for UGC NET Adult Education is 46. It comprises two online papers namely Paper-I & Paper-II with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)s.
UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus For Paper I 2023
UGC NET Syllabus for Adult Education Paper I tests the reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
UGC NET Adult Education Paper I syllabus will have 50 questions worth 100 marks. The Paper I syllabus has 10 units, and precisely 5 questions will be asked from each unit.
Go through the exam pattern of the UGC NET Adult Education Paper 1 syllabus mentioned below:
|Part I: Teaching Aptitude||5||10|
|Part II: Research Aptitude||5||10|
|Part III: Reading Comprehension||5||10|
|Part IV: Communication||5||10|
|Part V: Reasoning (including Maths)||5||10|
|Part VI: Logical Reasoning||5||10|
|Part VII: Data Interpretation||5||10|
|Part VIII: Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||5||10|
|Part IX: People & Environment||5||10|
|Part X: Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration||5||10|
UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus For Paper II 2023 In English
Here you can check the latest UGC NET Syllabus For Adult Education Paper-II 22 for English Medium.
Unit I: Adult, Continuing Education & Extension: Indian And Global Contexts
- Adult, Continuing Education: Pre And Post Independent India
- Adult Education Perspectives: Asian, Latin American, European and American
- Extension Education and Services in India: Phases and Movements
- Extension as “Third Dimension” of Higher Education, New approaches in Extension Education and Services in India, National Open School, Field organisation practices
- Need, concept, types and characteristics of Lifelong Learning programmes in India
- Opportunities for Lifelong Learning and Extension
- Agencies in Lifelong Learning in and outside India
- Comparative Studies in Adult Education: Parameters, Trends and Analysis
Unit II: Theoretical And Functional Base Of Adult Education
- Liberal, Behaviouristic, Progressive, Humanistic, Radical and Analytical approaches to Adult Education
- Social and educational perspectives of Tagore, Gandhi, Vivekananda, Radhakrishnan, Ambedkar and other Indian thinkers
- Androgogy and Pedagogy
- Attributes and distinctive features of adult learning and development
- Motivational aspects of adult learning, values in Adult Education, and challenges of contemporary society
- Individual Vs. Group learning approaches in Adult Education
- Experiences and learning from agriculture, home science, community health and technology
- Learning needs of a diverse group of adult learners
- Theories of adult learning
- Professionalization of adult education
- Prior learning: Concept, issues and challenges, Equivalence and academic credit for continuing education courses
Unit III: Alternate Learning Systems
- Education: Status, challenges and alternatives
- Guidance and counselling: Individual and group counselling
- The emergence of distance learning, autonomous learning and online learning
- Transformational learning: Use of different media in education, ICT, Worldwide Web, Mobile technologies, multimedia packages, Computer-Aided Learning (CAL), Audio-visual aids
- Digital India, Swayam, MOOC courses, UDAAN, e-library
- Virtual learners and virtual learning centres
- ICT in handling information: storage, retrieval and dissemination of information
- Online teaching, challenges and benefits of online learning
- Differentiated instructions in an online environment
Unit IV: Curriculum Planning And Teaching-Learning Materials
- Meaning, the definition of curriculum: the need for curriculum, curriculum theory and practice
- Identification of needs and interests of lifelong learners
- Objectives of curriculum development
- Principles of curriculum development and its approaches
- Curriculum planning: need and implementation
- Evaluation: process-product-feedback mechanism
- Curriculum development-supporting systems
- Teaching methods
- Teaching and learning materials and aids for Lifelong Learning
- Preparation of books and audiovisual material for neo-literates: processes, contents and field testing of materials
- Agencies engaged in the preparation of materials, type of teaching-learning materials: print, online and off-line
Unit V: Human Resource Management In Lifelong Learning And Extension
- Concept, principles and functions of management
- Programme planning, organisation and control
- Job specifications of personnel engaged in University-community engagement, Skill development, Continuing education & other extension programmes
- Training and development: Family-based, Off the job & on the job
- Training of functionaries in adult, continuing education, lifelong education through a participatory approach
- Skill development initiatives: State-promoted, NGO-promoted and Public-Private Partnerships (PPP)
- Field skills, teaching methods of adults, training methods for training for functionaries
- Management of a training programme
- Evaluation of social development programmes
Unit VI: Communication For Social Development
- Concept, methods and practices of communication
- Models: agriculture, community health, educational and social marketing
- Modes of communication; conventional and ICT-driven
- People’s participation in development
- People’s organisation (community-based organisation, state promoted organisation)
- Programmes: individual-centric and group-centric
- Development communication planning and operationalization
- Emerging technologies in communication for social development
- Communication in extension: government, semi-government, non-government, corporate agencies etc,
Unit VII: Social And Developmental Concerns
- Development and its indicators, Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Population Education: Concept and paradigm shifts
- Social and distributive justice
- Issues of marginalization and pedagogy: women, tribals, minorities, transgender, aged and persons with disability
- Value-based education
- Inequality in the social system and social mobility,
- Interventions in specific concern areas of children, bonded labour and gender
- Interventions in general areas of concern: water, health, energy, disaster and environment
- Social and professional ethics
Unit VIII: Vocational Education And Skill Development
- Concept, scope, policy and programmes of vocational education and skill development
- Market requirements and skilling status
- Operationalization of the concept of vocational education in adults, continuing education and Lifelong Learning through state-supported structures like Jan Shikshan Sansthan (JSS) and non-state supported structures of Industrial and Bussiness houses.
- The emergence of Micro-enterprises like Self Help groups and Mega-enterprises like SEWA
- Skilling India: Skill sectors, National Skill Development policy, programme, and implementation mechanism
- Structure of skilling programmes, certification and equivalence
- Make-In India, Start-up, Stand Up, Mudra Banks, Entrepreneurship
- Analysis of such efforts at the micro and mega level.
Unit IX: Research And Research Methods
- Philosophical Roots, history, elements and significance of social science research
- Qualitative and quantitative action research
- Research Design: Meaning and Types; Descriptive, Analytical, Exploratory, Basic, Applied, Action, Survey and case study research
- Sources of data: primary and secondary
- Collection of Secondary Data: Historical Documents, Archival Material, Published Sources, Journals, Internet Sources, Census, NSS and Statistical Reports
- Population and Sampling, Data Collection and its tools, organisation of research, analysis, generalization and report writing
- Documentation and dissemination of the research work
- Content Analysis, Survey and Case studies
- Currents trends of research in adult and continuing education (national and international)
- Emerging areas of research in adult and continuing education and extension,
- Ethical concerns in social science research
Unit X: Lifelong Learning: The Futuristic Vision
- Beyond literacy and numeracy
- Resolving the dilemmas of institutional and non-institutional learning
- Localising the learning and cultural context of a learner
- Harmonizing the skill of individual with the potential employers
- Personalised and customised educational opportunities of the adult learner
- Network-based learning
- Open option based learning
- Building learning communities
- Search for an ever-evolving educational policy
- Towards a learning society
UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus For Paper II 2023 In Hindi
UGC NET Adult Education Old Syllabus
The UGC NET examination old syllabus was applicable till December 2018. You can download it in pdf format from the following link.
Kindly note that this syllabus is considered outdated and is now not applicable for the upcoming UGC NET examination in Adult Education.
You can use it only for your reference purpose.
Free Download Other Important Study Materials for UGC NET Adult Education
You should have the following study materials to boost your exam preparation for the NTA UGC NET Adult Education Exam.
Click on the link to access and Free Download other important study materials related to the UGC NET Adult Education Exam.
UGC NET Adult Education Exam Pattern 2023
UGC NET Adult Education Exam has two papers, i.e., Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Here you can know the facts about UGC NET Adult Education Exam 2023
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
Important Points About UGC NET Adult Education Exam Pattern:
- The Test will have two papers. Both papers will consist of objective-type, multiple-choice questions.
- There will be no break between papers.
- you will get 2 marks for each correct response,
- There is no negative marking for an incorrect response.
- No marks will be given for questions Unanswered.
Benefits Of The Latest UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus 2023
For any preparation to be successful, knowing the syllabus and exam pattern is essential.
You can definitely score more with the proper use of the UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus.
Some notable benefits from the new UGC NET Adult Education 22 Syllabus are as below:
- UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus describes the topics and concepts to be covered while preparing for the examinations.
- UGC NET Syllabus for Adult Education also mentions the weightage allotted to different units and chapters, knowing which you may form a strategy for preparing for chapters with high or low weightage.
- The question paper format is also explained in a syllabus that lets students know about the questions asked and various sections employed in the exam papers. It also gives an idea about the marks distribution in the paper.
- Having a clear understanding of your syllabus and the weightage of various sections will definitely help you decide how much time you should dedicate to each section.
- Generally, the exam papers are designed as per the syllabus. So, preparing according to the topics mentioned in the syllabus obviously helps to crack the exam with good scores.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus 2023. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.
FAQs On UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus 2023
Here check imported FAQs On UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus 2023.
What are the best Important Questions (MCQ) for the UGC NET Adult Education Exam?
At My Exam Notification, you can practice a complete set of Important Questions (MCQ), along with a free UGC NET Adult Education MCQ designed by our expert faculty.
Where can I find the UGC NET Adult Education syllabus?
We have provided the required UGC NET Adult Education exam syllabus on our article page.
What are the benefits of knowing the UGC NET Adult Education Exam Pattern?
Familiarizing yourself with the UGC NET Adult Education Exam Pattern will help you understand the types of questions asked, the difficulty level of the exam, and important topics that require your attention. It will also acquaint you with each topic’s marking scheme and time allotted.
How can I download the UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus PDF?
You can download the UGC NET Adult Education syllabus PDF on our website. This will allow you to save the PDF on your device for easy access anytime. The PDF contains the complete UGC NET Adult Education syllabus, which you can refer to while preparing for the exams.
Is the UGC NET Adult Education exam difficult?
The difficulty of the UGC NET Adult Education exam depends on your level of preparation. While some candidates find the subject easy, dedicated preparation in the right direction is key to success.
How do I prepare for the UGC NET Adult Education exam?
To prepare for the UGC NET Adult Education exam, you must be well-versed in the syllabus and exam pattern. Identify areas where improvement is required and schedule your preparation accordingly. Practicing previous years’ question papers will help you understand the exam pattern and difficulty level. You need to focus on your strengths and improve upon your weaknesses.