You can boost your preparation by referring to NTA UGC NET Music Question Paper 2 2012 December. It will give you information about the important chapters and concepts covered in all chapters.
You must have NTA UGC NET Music Solved Question Papers along with the latest Music Syllabus to enhance your semester exam preparation.
Here we provide you the complete guide on NTA UGC NET Music Paper 2 Solved Question Paper 2012 December.
NTA UGC NET Music Paper 2 Solved Question Paper 2012 December
NTA UGC NET Music Solved Question Papers are the best study materials to score good marks in the Music exam.
Practicing these NTA UGC NET Music previous year question papers assist the students in getting a clear idea about the question paper pattern and types of questions asked in the exam.
You can check the complete NTA UGC NET Music Paper 2 Solved Question Paper 2012 December.
Note: Candidates are required to answer all the 25 questions in Part – I, which are compulsory. They should select any one of the groups from Part – II, Part – III, Part – IV, Part – V and answer all the 25 questions in that part. Each question carries two (2) marks.
Part – I
Common to Hindustani / Karnatak / Rabindra Sangeet / Percussion Instrument.
1. The interval between two ‘Shruties’, as compared to the interval between two ‘Swaras’ is ______
(D) None of the above
2. A musical scale contains how many shruties according to the ancient scholars?
3. A special method of presenting ‘alap’ in the ancient times is known by which of the following name?
4. ‘Tirobhava’ in a ‘raga’ is meant for which of the following?
(A) Hiding the main ‘swaroop’ of raga during improvisation by using the swaras of other raga.
(B) Using variety of ‘tanas’ in the presentation.
(C) Using the ‘bol’ of ‘mridangam’ in the composition.
(D) Voice modulation.
5. Tabla player, who composed music for films as A.R. Qureshee?
(B) Ustad Abdul Kareem
6. Founder of Banaras Gharana of Tabla
(C) Ram Sahai
(D) Janki Prasad
7. GhanaragaPancharatnaKritis are composed by
(A) Swati Thirunal
(D) Muthuswami Dikshitar
8. Mechkalyani is a
(A) Utharanga raga
(B) Janya raga
(C) Ghana raga
(D) Vakra raga
9. Number of Kharaharapriya in the 72 Melakartha scheme is
10. According to modern ‘shudha’ scale, the frequency of ‘Sa’ is 240, what will be the frequency of ‘shudhamadhyam’?
11. ‘Lakshan Geet’ is a musical form, which describes:
(A) Characteristics of a ‘raga’
(B) Quality of sound
(D) Variety of ‘Tanas’
12. Popular Mridangam player
(A) Ambadas Pant Agale
(B) Umyalpuram Shivraman
(D) Chitti Babu
13. Sign for Khali in Paluskartaal notation system
14. In which book does Tagore’s concept of music appear?
(A) Shangeeter Dharma
(B) Sangeet Chiata
(D) Sangeeter Mukti
15. Which character did Rabindranath portray in the drama ‘Tapoti’?
(A) Kumar Sen
16. How many ‘Thats’ have been used by Pt. Bhatkhande for the classification of ragas?
17. Identify the structure of ‘Major Scale’:
(A) Tone, Tone, Semi Tone, Tone, Tone, Tone, Semi Tone.
(B) Tone, Semi Tone, Tone, Tone, Semi Tone, Tone, Tone.
(C) Semi Tone, Tone, Tone, Tone, Semi Tone, Tone, Tone.
(D) Tone, Tone, Tone, Semi Tone, Tone, Semi Tone, Tone.
18. Tagore composed ‘O amar desher mati’ at the age of
19. Which was the last dance drama composed by Tagore?
(B) Mayor Khela
20. A musical scale divided into 12 equal intervals for 12 swaras, is known as
(A) Diatonic scale
(B) Pythagorean scale
(C) Minor scale
(D) Equally tempered scale
21. ‘Dasvidh Raga Vargikaran’ is mentioned in
22. Tyagaraja Swami lived in
(A) 15th Century
(B) 17th Century
(C) 14th Century
(D) 13th Century
23. Name of Mohanam raga in Hindustani Music is
24. Match the following:
List – I List – II
a. SudhaPrabandhas 1. Instrumental Joom
b. Mukta Gita 2. Kriti
c. Equal temperament 3. Ancient Music
d. Gandhara Grama 4. Western Music
a b c d
(A) 2 1 4 3
(B) 1 2 3 4
(C) 3 4 2 1
(D) 4 3 1 2
25. Who is the author of “Bharat Bhashyam” Granth?
(A) Singh Bhupal
(D) Raja Pratap Singh
PART – II
Hindustani Music (Vocal / Instrumental)
26. Vikrit Swara of Bharat
(A) Teevratar Ni
(B) Kaushik Ni
(C) Antar Gandhar
(D) Teevratar Gandhar
27. Which artist is famous for Merukhandi Gayaki?
(A) Ustad Fayyaj Khan
(B) Ustad Abdul Karim Khan
(C) Bade Ghulam Ali Khan
(D) Ustad Aman Ali Khan
28. What is the interval of Semi Tone?
(A) 9: 10
(B) 8: 9
(C) 15: 16
(D) 10: 15
29. He had a spiritual concept of Aesthetics.
30. How many varieties of Arts have been mentioned by Vatsyayana?
31. Frequency is related to
32. Consonance of perfect sound depends upon
(A) Relation between basic note and its overtones.
(B) Manda and Madhya Saptak
(C) Vibration and Frequency
(D) Length of Vibrator
33. Name the thata of Devgiri Bilaval
34. Which scale of Western Music has major, minor and semi tones?
(A) Natural scale
(B) Tempered scale
(C) Dia-tonic scale
(D) Hexatonic scale
35. What is the interval between Shadaj and Pancham?
(A) 3: 4
(B) 2: 3
(C) 2: 4
(D) 8: 9
36. The frequency of Teevra Madhyamaccording to Pt. Bhatkhande
37. Which scholar has referred to “Chidabaran Bhang” in context of Rasa theory?
(B) Abhinav Gupta
(C) K.C. Pandey
(D) Pt. Raj Jagganath
38. Which of the following is required to enhance breathing-control while singing?
(A) Singing loudly
(B) Singing very slowly
(C) Singing on mike
39. Harmony is based on
40. Author of Mansollas is
(A) Damodar Pandit
(C) Pundrik Vitthal
(D) None of these
41. Which Raga belongs to Audav Jati?
(A) Jog Kauns
42. Shri Krishna Narain Ratanjankar died in which month?
43. Notes of Raga Todi are
(A) Re Ga Re Sa
(B) Re Ga Re Sa
(C) Re Ga Re Sa
(D) None of these
44. Bols of Maseetkhani Gat are
(A) Dir Da Rada Dir Da Dir Da Ra
(B) Dir Da Dir Da Ra Da Da Ra
(C) Da Ra Dir Dir Da Rada Dar Da
(D) None of these
45. ‘Sa Ma, Ga |Ma Pa’, Notes belong to which Raga?
(A) Raga Yaman
(B) Raga Kedar
(C) Raga Kamod
(D) Raga Marubihag
46. Which instrument does not belong to stringed instruments?
47. Who is the founder of Kawali?
(B) Amir Khusroo
48. Who was called Kinnar in Vedic period?
(D) A person who was expert in singing and playing an instrument
49. Who is the composer of Raghupati Raghav Rajaram?
(A) Narayan Moreshwar Khare
(C) Pt. Vishnu Narayan Bhatkhande
(D) Pt. Annasaheb Ratanjankar
50. Who had the honour of presenting Classical Music in the temples of Mewar & Shrinathji?
(A) Pt. Bhimsen Joshi
(B) Pt. Jasraj
(C) Pt. Omkarnath Thakur
(D) Pt. Rasiklal Andharia
PART – III
Karnatak Music (Vocal, Instrumental, Percussion)
26. Ramamatya wrote Swaramela Kalanidhi in the year
27. Author of Chaturdandi prakasika is
(D) King Tulajaji
28. Total number of Vivadi ragas in the 72 Melakartha scheme is
29. ______ is a Purvaprasidha Melaraga.
30. Anyaswara (Foreign note) of Asaveriraga is
(A) Sudha Rishabham
(B) Chatusruti Rishabham
(C) Prati Madyamam
(D) Antara Gandharam
31. Who wrote kirtanas for the first time with divisions of Pallavi, Anupallavi and Charanam?
(A) Bhadrachalam Ramadas
(B) Tallapakkam Composers
(D) Purandara Dasa
32. Devarnamas are composed by
(A) Muthuswami Dikshitar
(B) Purandara Das
(D) Swati Thirunal
33. _______ comes in the group of Ghanaraga Pancharatna.
34. _______ is a Vivadi raga.
35. Author of the series of books ‘South Indian Music’ is
(A) T.S. Parthasarathy
(B) Dr. N. Ramanathan
(C) Prof. P. Sambamurthy
(D) Dr.Venkita Subramanya Iyer
36. Ujvala is associated with
(A) Santha rasa
(B) Bhakti rasa
(C) Hasya rasa
(D) Sringara rasa
37. _______ is an Ekasthayi Vadya.
38. Female parts were performed by men dressed up ladies in
(D) Katha kalashepam
39. Samashticharanam in Kriti is introduced by
(B) Muthuswami Dikshitar
(C) Syama Shastri
(D) Pattanam Subramanya Iyer
40. Tevaram is the collective name given to the sacred hyms of :
(A) Arunagirinathar & Manikavachakar
(B) Andal & Sundarambal
(C) Tirugnanasambandar & Ilangovatikal
(D) Tirugnanasambandar, Appar and Sundaramurthy Nayanar
41. ‘Prahladabhakti Vijayam’ is written by
(A) Gopalakrishna Bharati
(B) Ramaswami Sivam
(C) Muthuswami Dikshitar
42. Devagandhari raga is derived from
(A) 29th Melaraga
(B) 28th Melaraga
(C) 22nd Melaraga
(D) 20th Melaraga
43. Kshetrayya is famous for
(A) Telugu Padams
44. Who suggested the name ‘Kalpitamelakarta’ for the 19 melas?
(A) Saranga Deva
45. Which will be the resultant mela when the Kakali Nishada is changed into Kaisikinishada of Mayamalavagavla?
46. Bangala raga is derived from
(A) 29th Mela
(B) 28th Mela
(C) 22nd Mela
(D) 20th Mela
47. Shadsrutirishabham is same as
(A) Sudha Gandharam
(B) Sadharana Gandharam
(C) Sudha Rishabham
(D) Chatusruti Rishabham
48. SaraswatiManohari is a
(A) AudavaVakraSampoorna Raga
(B) SampoornaVakra Raga
(C) Audava – Audava Raga
(D) Audava – Shadava Raga
49. Navroj is a _______ raga.
50. Another name of Udayaravi Chandrikaraga
PART – IV
26. Which is the inaugural function song composed by Rabindranath Tagore?
(A) Hey Chironutan
(B) Sabare Kori Aahoban
(C) Aso Amar Ghare Aso
27. The occasional song for Bengali New Year composed by Rabindranath Tagore.
(A) Aoye Tabe Sahochari
(B) Aji Basonto Jagroto Dware
(C) AsoAso Hey Baishakh
(D) Aso Syamolo Sundoro
28. “Aaha Mori Mori, Mahendra Nindito Kanti” song is in the Dance Drama
(D) Natir Puja
29. Which song is written by Rabindranath Tagore on the death of his brother Dijendranath Tagore?
(A) O Bhai Kanai
(B) Haye, Haye, Haye Din chole
(C) Moron Sagar Pare Tomra Amar
(D) Cholo Jai Cholo
30. Which song is written by Rabindranath Tagore after death of Raja Ram Mohan Roy?
(A) SarvoKharvo Tare Dahe
(B) KeJaye Amritodhamyatri
(C) Parovasi Chole Aso Ghare
(D) Aeo Duwartuku
31. Which song is not included in the “Grishmaparyaye” of Tagore composition?
(A) Darun Agni Bane Re
(B) Aso Aso hey TrishnarJal
(C) Madhyadine Jabegan
(D) Bajromanikdiyagatha, Aashartomar Mala
32. Which song is composed in Rupkara Taal?
(A) AeiLabinu Sango Tabo
(B) Sharoto Aalor Kamal Vane
(C) Jogenath Jyotsnarate
(D) Basante Ki Sudhu
33. Which song is not composed in drupad style?
(A) Maha Viswe Makashe Maha Kalo Majhe
(D) JogoteTumi Raga
34. “Saghano Gahano Ratri” song is composed in which raga?
35. Which song is not composed in Rabindra Srista Taal?
(A) Janoni Tomar Karuno Charonokhani
(B) Kapiche Deholatatharotharo
(C) Byakulo Bakulerphule
(D) AsoShyamolo Sundaro
36. How many matras are in Navpanch- Tala created by Rabindranath Tagore?
37. “Duware Dao More Rakhiya” song is composed in which Tala?
38. Which song is based on Tappa style?
(A) A parobase Rabeke
(B) Tomar Amar Aei Biroher Antorale
(C) Tumikemankoregankaro hey guni
(D) Anander e sager hote
39. Which song is based on Khyal style?
(A) Mandire Moma Ke
(B) Anando Dhara Buheche Bhuwane
(C) Tumi Kemon Koregaan Koro
(D) Arup Tomar Vani
40. Which western instrument is not used in performance of Rabindra Sangeet?
41. Rabindra Sangeet is mostly composed in which notation system?
(A) Aakar Matrik Swarlipi
(B) Dand Matrik Swarlipi
(C) Sankha Matrik Swarlipi
(D) Sargam Swarlipi
42. Rabindranath has given the new name for A.I.R. is?
(A) Aakash Barta
(C) Aakash Bhasa
(D) Aakash Katha
43. Rabindranath was honoured by Gandhiji as given a title
44. Which song is not a baul folk based Rabindra Sangeet Composition?
(A) Amar PranerManushachche Prane
(B) O amar Man Jakhan Jaglina re
(C) Jodi tor daksunekaunaaase
45. Which song is composed by Rabindranath Tagore in the occasion of first tube well ground at Shantiniketan?
(A) Aso Aso hey Trishnarjal
(B) Badol Dhara Holo Sara
(C) Aji Barsaratersese
(D) Jaldao Jaldao
46. Which Rabindra sangeet is composed on English Song “Go where glory waits thee?
(A) Purano Sei diner Katha
(B) Ohe Dayamay
(C) Oder Sathemilao
(D) Amar Man Mane na
47. Which song is described the philosophy of death in Bhanu Singh Padavali?
(A) Sawan Gagane
(B) Sunala Sunala Balika
(C) Maran re tuhumaho
(D) Aaj Sakhimuhu Muhu
48. In autobiography of Rabindranath “Jiban Srimti” to whom Rabindranath narrate as “Amar Ganer Kandari”?
(A) Jyotirendranath Thakur
(B) Somendranath Thakur
(C) Denendranath Thakur
(D) Satyendranath Thakur
49. In Jorasak family which musician was not included as court musician of thakur family?
(A) Srikanth Singh
(B) Jadu Bhatta
(C) Vishnu Chakravarty
50. Which song is not composed by Rabindranath Tagore for the nam Satyagrah of Mahatma Gandhiji?
(A) Tumi je surer Aagun
(C) Jodi tor daksunekaunaaase
PART – V
26. Tabla instrument is derived from
27. Total Matras of Lakshmi taal
28. Value of Laghu
(A) One Matra
(B) Five Matras
(C) Four Matras
(D) Two Matras
29. Arrange the following Pakhawaj players in chronological order:
(i) Kudau Singh
(ii) Raja Chhatrapati Singh
(iv) Purshottam Das
(A) (i), (ii), (iii), (iv)
(B) (ii), (i), (iii), (iv)
(C) (iv), (iii), (ii), (i)
(D) (iii), (i), (iv), (ii)
30. Layakari of 1¾ is called
31. Which of the following is not a Vistarsheel Bandish?
32. The number of Vibhagas in Pancham Sawaritaal
33. Khalifa of Delhi gharana of Tabla
(A) U. Ameer Hussain
(B) U. Habibuddin Khan
(C) U. Lateef Ahmed
(D) U. Inam Ali
34. Total number of Margtaalas mentioned by Bharat?
35. Match the following:
List – I List – II
a. HaziVilayat Ali Khan 1. Farrukhabadgharana
b. QuaderBakhsha 2. Banaras gharana
c. Natthoo Khan 3. Punjab gharana
d. Kumar Bose 4. Delhi gharana
a b c d
(A) 1 2 3 4
(B) 1 3 4 2
(C) 3 2 1 4
(D) 1 4 3 2
36. Nana Panse is related with
37. Total Matras of Rudrataal
38. The title of text written by Sharangdeo
(A) Sangeet Sagar
(B) Sangeet Ratnakar
(C) Sangeet Kalpdrum
(D) Sangeet Ratna Sagar
39. Founder of Ajaradagharana
(A) Kallu Khan-Meeru Khan
(B) Modu Khan-Makhhu Khan
(C) Bakshu Khan-Salari Khan
(D) U. Habibuddin Khan
40. The author of ‘Bhartiya Sangeet Vadya’
(A) Lalmani Mishra
(B) Girishchandra Shrivastava
(C) Sudhir Mainkar
(D) Vijayshankar Mishra
41. Kinds of Laya
42. Harmonium is a
43. Another name for Karnatak ‘Aditaalam’ is
(A) Chatasrajati Triput
(B) Tisrajati Jhamp
(C) Sankeernjati Ektaal
(D) Khand Chapu
44. Shamya is a ______.
45. Real name of Pt. Gudai Maharaj
(A) Kamta Prasad
(B) Samta Prasad
(C) Sharda Prasad
(D) Gudai Mishra
46. Match the following:
List – I List – II
a. ShahidParvez 1. Flute
b. V.G. Jog 2. Sitar
c. BhajanSopori 3. Violin
d. Raghunath Seth 4. Santoor
a b c d
(A) 2 3 4 1
(B) 3 4 1 2
(C) 4 2 3 1
(D) 1 4 2 3
47. First tabla player who received ‘Padma Bhooshan’
(A) Pt. Kishan Maharaj
(B) U. Wazid Hussain
(C) U. Ahmed Jan Thirkawa
(D) Pt. Nikhil Ghosh
48. The number of Deshitaalas described in Sangeet Ratnakar
49. Gharana of Ustad Muneer Khan
50. Main taalas of Karnatak music are
Year Wise UGC NET Previous Year Question Papers Solved Music
Year Wise NTA UGC NET Music Solved question Papers from June 2006 till today are given below.
|Download Year Wise NTA UGC NET Music Paper 2 Solved Paper|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2020 June|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2019 December|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2019 June|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2018 December|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2018 July|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2017 November|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2016 July|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2015 June|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2015 December|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2014 June|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2014 December|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Solved Question Paper 2013 December|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Solved Question Paper 2013 September|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Solved Question Paper 2013 June|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Solved Question Paper 2012 December|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Solved Question Paper 2012 June|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2011 June|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2011 December|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2010 June|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2010 December|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2009 June|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2009 December|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2008 June|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2008 December|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2007 June|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2007 December|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2006 June|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2006 December|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2005 June|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2005 December|
|UGC NET Music Paper 2 Question Paper 2004 December|
We have covered the NTA UGC NET Music Paper 2 Solved Question Paper 2012 December.
If you have any questions about NTA UGC NET Music Solved Question Papers, please let us know in the comment section.