UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus 2022: National Eligibility Test known as UGC NET is conducted twice a year for the selection of deserving candidates for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian Govt. Universities and Colleges.
To prepare for the Women Studies NET exam, you must know the complete NTA UGC NET Syllabus 2022 for Women Studies.
Here we have provided the latest UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus 2022 in Hindi and English.
UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus 2022
National Testing Agency (NTA) releases the UGC NET syllabus along with the latest notification.
However, since the UGC NET syllabus for both paper-I and -II was revised by NTA in June 2019, no changes are likely to be made to this year's NET syllabus.
You should know that the candidates with a Master’s Degree in Humanities ( including languages ) and Social Sciences are eligible to appear in the subject ‘Women Studies’.
The subject code for UGC NET Women Studies is 74. It comprises two online papers namely Paper-I & Paper-II with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)s.
- UGC NET Women Studies Paper 1 Syllabus tests teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- UGC NET Women Studies Paper 2 Syllabus is based on Women Studies. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
To crack the NET exam, you must know the syllabus for both the papers and mark the important topics & sub-topics to start your preparation.
UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus for Paper I 2022
UGC NET Syllabus for Women Studies Paper I tests the reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
UGC NET Women Studies Paper I syllabus will have 50 questions worth 100 marks. Paper I syllabus has 10 units, and precisely 5 questions will be asked from each unit.
Go through the exam pattern of the UGC NET Women Studies Paper 1 syllabus mentioned below:
|Part I: Teaching Aptitude||5||10|
|Part II: Research Aptitude||5||10|
|Part III: Reading Comprehension||5||10|
|Part IV: Communication||5||10|
|Part V: Reasoning (including Maths)||5||10|
|Part VI: Logical Reasoning||5||10|
|Part VII: Data Interpretation||5||10|
|Part VIII: Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||5||10|
|Part IX: People & Environment||5||10|
|Part X: Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration||5||10|
UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus For Paper II 2022 In English
Here you can check the latest UGC NET Syllabus For Women Studies Paper-II 2022 for English Medium.
Unit I: Introduction to Women’s Studies
- Key concepts in Gender studies.
- Need, Scope and Challenges of Women’s Studies – Women’s Studies as an academic discipline. Women’s Studies to Gender Studies, Need for Gender Sensitization.
- Women’s Movements – global and local: Pre-independence, Post-independence and Contemporary Debates.
- National Committees and Commissions for Women.
Unit II: Feminist thinkers and theories
- Liberal Feminism, Marxist Feminism, Radical Feminism, Socialist Feminism, Indian Feminism, Black Feminism, Eco-Feminism.
- New Feminist Debates- Post Colonial /Post Modern, LGBT, Masculinity Studies.
- Contemporary Contestations – Intersex and Transgender Movements.
- Feminist thinkers in 18th, 19th, 20h and 21st Century
Unit III: Gender and Education
- Women’s Education – Gender diversities and disparities in enrolment, Curriculum content, Dropouts, profession and Gender.
- Gendered Education- Family, Culture, Gender roles, Gender Identities.
- Education for the Marginalized Women.
- Recent Trends in Women’s Education – Committees and Commissions on Education.
- Vocational education and skill development for women.
Unit IV: Women, Work and Employment
- Theoretical Perspective: Fredrick Engels, Rosa Luxemburg, Sandra Whitworth, Boserup Esther.
- Concept of Work – Productive and non – productive work – Use value and market value.
- Gender Division of Labour – Mode of Production – Women in the organized and unorganized sector.
- New Economic Policy and its Impact on Women’s Employment – Globalization – Structural Adjustment Programs.
Unit V: Gender and Entrepreneurship
- Concept and meaning, Importance of Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurial traits, Factors contributing to Entrepreneurship, enabling environment, small Enterprises, women in agri-business
- Gender and emerging Technology – Impact.
- Self-help Groups and Micro Credit.
- Gender mainstreaming, Gender budgeting, planning and Analysis
Unit VI: Women and Health
- Life Cycle Approach to Women’s Health – The health status of women in India, factors influencing health and Nutritional status.
- Maternal and Child Health (MCH) to Reproductive and Child health approaches.
- Issues of declining Child Sex Ratio, Widowhood and old age.
- Occupational and mental health.
- Health, Hygiene and Sanitation.
- National Health and Population Policies and Programmes.
Unit VII: Women Empowerment and Development
- Theories of Development, Alternative approaches – Women in Development (WID), Women and Development (WAD) and Gender and Development (GAD).
- Empowerment- Concept and indices: Gender Development Index (GDI), Gender Inequality Index (GII), Global Gender Gap Index (GGGI).
- Women Development approaches in Indian Five – Year Plans.
- Women and leadership– Panchayati Raj and Role of NGOs and Women Development.
- Sustainable Development Goals, Policies and Programmes
Unit VIII: Women Law and Governance
- Rights: Gender Equality, Gender Discrimination, Women’s Rights as Human Rights.
- Constitutional provisions for Women in India.
- Personal laws, Labour Laws, Family Courts, Enforcement machinery – Police and Judiciary.\
- Crime against Women and Child: Child Abuse, Violence, Human Trafficking, Sexual Harassment at Workplace Act, 2013 – Legal protection
- International Conventions and Legislations Related to Women’s Rights.
Unit IX: Gender and Media
- Discourse on Women and Media Studies- Mainstream Media, Feminist Media.
- Coverage of Women’s issues and issues of women in Mass Media and Media Organizations (Audio-Visual and Print media).
- Digital Media and legal protection.
- Alternative Media – Folk Art, Street Play and Theatre.
- Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986, Impact of media on women.
Unit X: Feminist Research Methodology
- Understanding Feminist Research – Concepts, Debates and Limitations.
- Feminist Epistemology, Feminist Standpoint, Sexist and Non-Sexist Research Methodology, Ethnography, Queer Theories.
- Research Design and Methods – Survey, Exploratory, Diagnostic, Experimental, Action Research and Case Studies.
- Qualitative versus Quantitative Research.
UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus For Paper II 2022 In Hindi
Here you can check some important topics of the UGC NET Syllabus For Women Studies Paper-II 2022 In Hindi.
Here you can check the latest NTA NET Women Studies Syllabus 2022 for Paper II in Hindi Medium:
UGC NET Women Studies Old Syllabus
The UGC NET examination old syllabus which was applicable till December 2018 can be downloaded in pdf format from the following link.
You should note that this syllabus is considered outdated and now not applicable for the upcoming UGC NET examination in Women Studies.
Other Important Study Materials for UGC NET Women Studies
You should have the following study materials to boost your exam preparation for the NTA UGC NET Women Studies Exam.
Click on the link to access other important notes related to the UGC NET Women Studies Exam.
UGC NET Women Studies Exam Pattern 2022
UGC NET Women Studies Exam have two papers, i.e., Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Here you can know the facts about UGC NET Women Studies Exam 2022
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
Important Points About UGC NET Women Studies Exam Pattern:
- The Test will have two papers. Both the papers will consist of objective-type, multiple-choice questions.
- There will be no break between papers.
- you will get 2 marks for each correct response,
- There is no negative marking for an incorrect response.
- No marks will be given for questions Unanswered.
- If a question is found to be incorrect/ambiguous during the critical challenge, only those candidates who have attempted the question and chosen one of the correct answers would be given credit. Only for dropped question(s), if any, marks will be given to all the candidates.
Benefits Of Latest UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus 2022
For any preparation to be successful, knowing the syllabus and exam pattern is essential. You can definitely score more with the proper use of the UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus.
Some notable benefits from the new UGC NET Women Studies 2022 Syllabus are as below:
- UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus covers all topics that are important for the examinations.
- UGC NET Syllabus for Women Studies also mentions the weightage allotted to different units and chapters, knowing which you may form a strategy for preparing for chapters with high or low weightage.
- Question paper format is also explained in a syllabus.
- Having a clear understanding of your syllabus and the weightage to various sections will definitely help you decide how much time you should dedicate to each section.
- Generally, the exam papers for each course are designed as per the syllabus prescribed for that course.
- So, preparing according to the topic and instructions mentioned in the syllabus obviously helps to crack the exam with good scores.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus 2022. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.