UGC NET English Syllabus 2022: National Eligibility Test known as UGC NET is conducted twice a year for the selection of deserving candidates for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian Govt. Universities and Colleges.
To prepare for the English NET exam, you must know the complete NTA UGC NET Syllabus 2022 for English.
Here we have provided the latest UGC NET English Syllabus 2022.
UGC NET English Syllabus 2022
National Testing Agency (NTA) releases the UGC NET syllabus along with the latest notification.
However, since the UGC NET syllabus for both paper-I and -II was revised by NTA in June 2019, no changes are likely to be made to this year's NET syllabus.
The subject code for UGC NET English is 30. It comprises two online papers namely Paper-I & Paper-II with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)s.
- UGC NET English Paper 1 Syllabus tests teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- UGC NET English Paper 2 Syllabus is based on English. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
To crack the NET exam, you must know the syllabus for both the papers and mark the important topics & sub-topics to start your preparation.
UGC NET English Syllabus for Paper I 2022
UGC NET Syllabus for English Paper I tests the reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
UGC NET English Paper I syllabus will have 50 questions worth 100 marks. Paper I syllabus has 10 units, and precisely 5 questions will be asked from each unit.
Go through the exam pattern of the UGC NET English Paper 1 syllabus mentioned below:
|Part I: Teaching Aptitude||5||10|
|Part II: Research Aptitude||5||10|
|Part III: Reading Comprehension||5||10|
|Part IV: Communication||5||10|
|Part V: Reasoning (including Maths)||5||10|
|Part VI: Logical Reasoning||5||10|
|Part VII: Data Interpretation||5||10|
|Part VIII: Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||5||10|
|Part IX: People & Environment||5||10|
|Part X: Higher English System: Governance, Polity & Administration||5||10|
UGC NET English Syllabus For Paper II 2022
Here you can check the latest UGC NET Syllabus For English Paper-II 2022.
- Unit –I: Drama
- Unit –II: Poetry
- Unit –III: Fiction, short story
- Unit –IV: Non-Fictional Prose
- Unit –V: Language: Basic concepts, theories and pedagogy. English in Use.
- Unit –VI: English in India: history, evolution and futures
- Unit –VII: Cultural Studies
- Unit –VIII: Literary Criticism
- Unit –IX: Literary Theory post World War II
- Unit –X: Research Methods and Materials in English
NOTE: The first four units must also be tested through comprehension passages to assess critical reading, critical thinking and writing skills. These four units will cover all literature in English.
UGC NET English Old Syllabus
The UGC NET examination old syllabus which was applicable till December 2018 can be downloaded in pdf format from the following link.
Kindly note that this syllabus is considered outdated and is now not applicable for the upcoming UGC NET examination in English.
You can use it only for your reference purpose.
Other Important Study Materials for UGC NET English
You should have the following study materials to boost your exam preparation for the NTA UGC NET English Exam.
- UGC NET English Answer Key
- UGC NET English Books 2022
- UGC NET English Previous Year Question Papers With Solutions
- UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
- UGC NET Exam Pattern
- UGC NET Mock Test
- UGC NET Cut off
- UGC NET Preparation Tips
UGC NET English Exam Pattern 2022
UGC NET English Exam has two papers, i.e., Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Here you can know the facts about UGC NET English Exam 2022
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English|
Important Points About UGC NET English Exam Pattern:
- The Test will have two papers. Both the papers will consist of objective-type, multiple-choice questions.
- There will be no break between papers.
- you will get 2 marks for each correct response,
- There is no negative marking for an incorrect response.
- No marks will be given for questions Unanswered.
- If a question is found to be incorrect/ambiguous during the critical challenge, only those candidates who have attempted the question and chosen one of the correct answers would be given credit. Only for dropped question(s), if any, marks will be given to all the candidates.
Benefits Of Latest UGC NET English Syllabus 2022
For any preparation to be successful, knowing the syllabus and exam pattern is essential. You can definitely score more with the proper use of the UGC NET English Syllabus.
Some notable benefits from the new UGC NET English 2022 Syllabus are as below:
- UGC NET English Syllabus covers all topics that are important for the examinations.
- UGC NET Syllabus for English also mentions the weightage allotted to different units and chapters, knowing which you may form a strategy for preparing for chapters with high or low weightage.
- Question paper format is also explained in a syllabus.
- Having a clear understanding of your syllabus and the weightage to various sections will definitely help you decide how much time you should dedicate to each section.
- Generally, the exam papers for each course are designed as per the syllabus prescribed for that course.
- So, preparing according to the topic and instructions mentioned in the syllabus obviously helps to crack the exam with good scores.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET English Syllabus 2022. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.