UGC NET Visual Art Exam 2022: If you want to start your career as a JRF or Assistant Professor then you should go for the UGC NET 2022 Exam.
It gives you a chance to start your career as a JRF or Assistant Professor. So, you must know about the details of the NET Visual Art Exam 2022.
In this article, you will get a detailed guide on UGC NET Visual Art Exam 2022. And, also detailed Syllabus, Study Material, & Preparation Tips to crack the exam.
Why Choose UGC NET Visual Art?
UGC NET exam is quite popular among many postgraduate students. Before starting the complete guide, you should know why to select UGC NET Visual Art and a list of other Career Scopes.
With these career options as JRF & Lectureship, you will also get the other scopes and opportunities offered by various prestigious organizations.
The following list will help you know the amazing career scopes available after clearing UGC NET Visual Art Exam.
- Researcher in government institutes with advantages like many wonderful Scholarships & Fellowships offered by UGC to financially smoothen your journey.
- Doctorate degree in Visual Art
- Lecturer in any of the UGC Approved Universities.
- Counselor by developing your expertise in Visual Art
- Government jobs
UGC NET Visual Art Eligibility Criteria 2022
You must check the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria for Visual Art before filling the online Application Form.
You should meet all essential criteria as mentioned in Educational Qualification & Age Limit.
Educational Qualification for UGC NET Visual Art Exam 2022
- You have to complete his or her Post-Graduation in Visual Art or another equivalent subject.
- If you are belonging to General Category, then you have to secure 55% in Visual Art or equivalent subject, and for ST/SC/OBC/PWD/Transgenders, the percentage criteria are 50%.
UGC NET Visual Art Exam Age Limit 2022
- For UGC NET Visual Art JRF: 30 Years for General Category & Up to 5 Years of Age Relaxation in Other Categories.
- For UGC NET Visual Art Lectureship: No Upper Age Limit for NET Exam 2022 Visual Art Lectureship.
UGC Visual Art Syllabus 2022
UGC NET Visual Art Syllabus lets you know about the topics covered in the exam. You should know that the UGC NET Visual Art exam is divided into two parts, i.e., UGC NET Paper 1 & Paper 2.
UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus is common for all candidates, but paper 2 is based on Visual Art.
- Paper-I Syllabus covers teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- Paper-II Syllabus is based on Visual Art subject. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
For your upcoming exam, you must go through the UGC NET Syllabus for Visual Art. So don't miss out on anything.
UGC NET Visual Art Syllabus for Paper 1
Here is the UGC NET Visual Art Exam Syllabus for Paper 1-
|Unit 1||Teaching Aptitude|
|Unit 2||Research Aptitude|
|Unit 3||Reading Comprehension|
|Unit 5||Reasoning (including Maths)|
|Unit 6||Logical Reasoning|
|Unit 7||Data Interpretation|
|Unit 8||Information & Communication Technology (ICT)|
|Unit 9||People & Environment|
Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration
UGC NET Visual Art Syllabus for Paper 2
The University Grants Commission (UGC) NET revised its syllabus for UGC NET in Visual Art in June 2019 and the same syllabus will be applicable for the upcoming UGC NET / JRF and SET or SLET examination.
The details of the syllabus of Paper-2 can be downloaded in the pdf format from the following link:
UGC NET Visual Art Exam Pattern 2022
UGC NET Exam is a computer-based test having multiple-choice questions. UGC NET 2022 exam pattern will consist of details related to the UGC NET 2022 exam mode, the number of questions asked, sections, marking scheme, and more.
The basic knowledge gained after analyzing the UGC NET Visual Art exam syllabus & pattern will help you to improve your score in the exam. Knowing the UGC NET Visual Art Exam Pattern will give you a head start as you can understand the section-wise distribution of marks and marking scheme of the examination.
Check out the table below for a quick overview of the NTA NET Visual Art paper pattern:
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
UGC NET Visual Art Old Exam Pattern
You should know that till November 2017, UGC NET in Visual Art consists of three papers, i.e. paper-1, paper-2, and paper-3. Paper-1 was general and compulsory for all subjects, and paper-2 and paper-3 were based on Visual Art.
However, from June 2018, UGC NET in Visual Art consists of only two papers, i.e. paper-1 and paper-2 (merging the previous paper-2 and paper-3 into the current paper-2).
So, you are requested to go through the previous paper-2 and paper-3 to better prepare themselves for the current paper-2 in Visual Art.
UGC NET examination in Visual Art was conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) till June 2014. From December 2014 to June 2018 UGC NET exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
NTA started to conduct the exam from Dec. 2018 onwards.
UGC Visual Art Previous Year Question Papers With Solutions
UGC Visual Art Previous Year Question Papers are one of the most important preparation materials for aspirants. As it is suggested that the rigorous practice of these precious year papers is one of the most important parts of the preparation.
The UGC Visual Art Previous Year Papers will help you to under the actual level of the exam conducted in different years. It also helps you in the better planning and preparation of the exam.
When you practice questions from past year question papers, you tend to get a fair idea of the questions asked in UGC NET, tricks involved, topic-wise marks distribution, etc.
Thus, question papers help you build confidence and helps you strategize to divide your time efficiently and enhance your performance.
Benefits of Solving UGC NET Visual Art Previous Year Question Papers
There are a lot of benefits to solving the previous year’s question papers of UGC NET Visual Art. Below are the advantages listed out
- You can know the complete syllabus and exam pattern of the UGC NET Visual Art Exam
- You can be explored to various types of questions
- After completion of studying the portions, you can take up these papers in the form of a test.
- You will improve your speed and accuracy by solving more and more questions.
- You can know in which areas you are weak and correct them
- You can also improve your managing time in the UGC NET Visual Art exam by solving these question papers.
UGC NET Visual Art Answer Key 2022
National Testing Agency releases the UGC NET Visual Art answer key online at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. You can download the UGC NET Answer Key 2022 with Question Paper and Response Sheet from direct link given below. Get here complete details for UGC NET answer key including the process to download the answer key, objection process, marking scheme, and other information.
In order to download the UGC NET Visual Art answer key, login with application number and either date of birth or password. The conducting body first publishes the provisional answer key followed by the final answer key.
Candidates who appeared for the UGC NET 2022 Visual Art exam can download the provisional answer key now and submit objections if they are not satisfied with any answer or question.UGC NET result is prepared based on the final answer key. For challenging the UGC NET answer key for Visual Art, candidates need to pay a fee of INR 1,000 per challenge.
How to download UGC NET Visual Art Answer Key 2022?
- Step 1: Log on to the official website of NTA UGC NET - https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on the answer key link available for the UGC NET exam
- Step 3: Click on any one of the login links:
- Through application number and password
- Through application number and date of birth
- Step 4: Enter the following details:
- Application number
- Date of birth or password
- Security pin as shown on the screen
- Step 5: Click on the Sign In button
- Step 6: Download UGC NET answer key, response sheet and question paper
Best Books For UGC NET Visual Art & Study Materials
It is very important to have a good UGC NET Visual Art of UGC NET Visual Art exam books and study material to ace the entrance test.
You must know that choosing the best books for UGC NET Visual Art 2022 is an imperative part of the UGC NET Visual Art preparation.
To have a stronghold over the UGC NET Visual Art syllabus 2022, having the best books for UGC NET Visual Art and study material is also very crucial.
How to Choose the Best Books for UGC NET Visual Art 2022
Take a look at the factors which must be kept in mind before choosing the best books for UGC NET Visual Art.
- UGC NET Visual Art syllabus: While choosing the study material for the UGC NET Visual Art exam, you must keep in mind that the books that you choose must cover the entire UGC NET Visual Art syllabus. It must cover all the important topics which can be asked in the UGC NET Visual Art question paper.
- Edition: The books that you choose should be of the most recent edition which must contain the latest topics and syllabus
- Solved Sample Papers: A book with solved UGC NET Visual Art sample papers will be of great help. Sample papers give you an insight into the UGC NET Visual Art exam pattern, type of questions and at the same time help you in analyzing your progress.
You can also refer to the UGC NET Books for Visual Art Exam from the below link:
UGC NET Visual Art Mock Test
UGC NET exams can be really tough, but if you apply smart strategies, the process can be much more manageable. To prepare for these exams, it is important to give mock tests as it helps you learn from your mistakes.
Mock tests are considered practice exams before you appear for the final one. While you attempting these tests, they help boost your confidence and overcome mistakes.
Benefits Of NTA UGC NET Visual Art Mock Test Series
Here you can find the benefits of using the NTA Mock Test 2022.
- The mock test papers contain practice questions that have a high probability of coming up in the exam.
- The mock test questions cover the entire syllabus of UGC NET Visual Art 2020.
- The pattern of the mock test series is easy to solve and totally based on the real-time exam pattern.
- These tests are prepared by the academicians and experts of a particular subject and come with a huge experience in preparing mock test series. Most of them are NET qualified.
- The test series are also available in digital format.
- The demo models are available for the aspirant before they actually take a mock test.
UGC NET Visual Art Exam Cut Off Marks
National Testing Agency (NTA) will release NEET 2022 Cut off soon after the declaration of the result. Last year, qualifying cut off marks were higher in comparison to previous years.
You have to obtain the minimum cut-off marks to get selected in the merit list. The merit list will be prepared category-wise and subject-wise for each subject.
Only the top 6% qualified candidates will be considered for the Junior Research Fellowship program.
Go through the UGC NET cut-off for Visual Art Paper 2020 from the table below (official) to get an idea for this year.
UGC NET Visual Art Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June
|UGC NET Visual Art Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
UGC NET Visual Art Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June
|UGC NET Visual Art Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
UGC NET Visual Art Preparation Tips
You already know that when you are preparing for UGC NET Visual Art Exams, it’s a milestone that needs to be achieved.
With a proper study plan and essential materials, you can score a better mark in the UGC NET Visual Art Exam.
We are providing the complete guide below to enhance your UGC NET 2022 Exam preparation.
- Go through the syllabus and form a proper everyday plan such that all the topics of the syllabus are covered.
- Refer to the best UGC Visual Art Books & Study Materials that consist of all important topics, varieties of problems, detailed explanations.
- Start with topics that you are confident of and can solve easily. This will help you to gain some interest and also the confidence to move forward.
- Along with your preparation go through UGC Visual Art Previous Year Papers which helps in scoring more. You will be explored to different types of questions.
- Keep taking regular notes, noting down all important formulae and shortcuts at a place.
- After completion of the syllabus, you need to attempt regular UGC Visual Art Mock Test and Quizzes to test your preparation. Also, you can get the exam to feel with real-time timer-driven mock tests.
- Work on time management and accuracy. Try to solve more and more previous year’s question papers within a given time.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Visual Art Exam 2022. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.