UGC NET Physical Education Exam 2022: NTA conducts the NTA UGC NET Physical Education exam twice a year to determine the eligibility for Junior Research Fellow (JRF)/Assistant Professor or Lecturers.
After passing the UGC NET 2022 Exam, you will be provided with a UGC NET eligibility certificate. The validity of the certificate for lectureship is for a lifetime whereas the fellowship certificate is valid for 3 years
It gives you a chance to start your career as a JRF or Assistant Professor. So, you must know about the details of the NET Physical Education Exam 2022.
In this article, you will get a detailed guide on UGC NET Physical Education Exam 2022. And, also detailed Syllabus, Study Material, & Preparation Tips to crack the exam.
Why Choose UGC NET Physical Education?
UGC NET exam is quite popular among many postgraduate students. It will give you various career options along with JRF & Lectureship, you will also get the other scopes and opportunities offered by various prestigious organizations.
The following list will help you know the amazing career scopes available after clearing UGC NET Physical Education Exam.
- Researcher in government institutes with advantages like many wonderful Scholarships & Fellowships offered by UGC to financially smoothen your journey.
- Doctorate degree in Physical Education
- Lecturer in any of the UGC Approved Universities.
- Counsellor by developing your expertise in Physical Education
- Government jobs
UGC NET Physical Education Eligibility Criteria 2022
You must check the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria for Physical Education before filling the online Application Form.
You should meet all essential criteria as mentioned in Educational Qualification & Age Limit.
Educational Qualification for UGC NET Physical Education Exam 2022
- You have to complete Post-Graduation in Physical Education or another equivalent subject.
- If you are belonging to General Category, then you have to secure 55% in Physical Education or equivalent subject, and for ST/SC/OBC/PWD/Transgenders, the percentage criteria are 50%.
UGC NET Physical Education Exam Age Limit 2022
- For UGC NET Physical Education JRF: 30 Years for General Category & Up to 5 Years of Age Relaxation in Other Categories.
- For UGC NET Physical Education Lectureship: No Upper Age Limit for NET Exam 2022 Physical Education Lectureship.
UGC NET Physical Education Syllabus 2022
UGC NET Physical Education Syllabus lets you know about the topics covered in the exam. You should know that the UGC NET Physical Education exam is divided into two parts, i.e., UGC NET Paper 1 & Paper 2.
UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus is common for all candidates, but paper 2 is based on Physical Education.
- Paper-I Syllabus covers teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- Paper-II Syllabus is based on Physical Education subject. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
For your upcoming exam, you must go through the UGC NET Syllabus for Physical Education. So don't miss out on anything.
UGC NET Physical Education Syllabus for Paper 1
Here is the UGC NET Physical Education Exam Syllabus for Paper 1-
|Unit 1||Teaching Aptitude|
|Unit 2||Research Aptitude|
|Unit 3||Reading Comprehension|
|Unit 5||Reasoning (including Maths)|
|Unit 6||Logical Reasoning|
|Unit 7||Data Interpretation|
|Unit 8||Information & Communication Technology (ICT)|
|Unit 9||People & Environment|
Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration
UGC NET Physical Education Syllabus for Paper 2
The University Grants Commission (UGC) NET revised its syllabus for UGC NET in Physical Education in June 2019 and the same syllabus will be applicable for the upcoming UGC NET / JRF and SET or SLET examination.
Following is the list of important topics for UGC NET Physical Education Paper 2-
- Growth and development of physical education in India
- Ancient & Modern Olympics games
- Exercise physiology its scope and importance
- Biochemical aspects of exercise
- Environmental influence on human physiology under exercise
- Ageing - Physiological consequences, lifestyle management and healthful ageing.
- Linear and angular kinematics and kinetics.
- Sports psychology
- Cognitive process
- Development of teacher education for physical education in India
- Curriculum development
The details of the syllabus of Paper-2 can be downloaded in the pdf format from the following link:
UGC NET Physical Education Exam Pattern 2022
UGC NET Exam is a computer-based test having multiple-choice questions. UGC NET 2022 exam pattern will consist of details related to the UGC NET 2022 exam mode, the number of questions asked, sections, marking scheme, and more.
Check out the table below for a quick overview of the NTA NET Physical Education paper pattern:
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
UGC NET Physical Education Old Exam Pattern
You should know that till November 2017, UGC NET in Physical Education consists of three papers, i.e. paper-1, paper-2 and paper-3. Paper-1 was general and compulsory for all subjects, and paper-2 and paper-3 were based on Physical Education.
However, from June 2018, UGC NET in Physical Education consists of only two papers, i.e. paper-1 and paper-2 (merging the previous paper-2 and paper-3 into the current paper-2).
So, you are requested to go through the previous paper-2 and paper-3 to better prepare yourself for the current paper-2 in Physical Education.
UGC NET examination in Physical Education was conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) till June 2014. From December 2014 to June 2018 UGC NET exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
NTA started to conduct the exam from Dec. 2018 onwards.
UGC NET Physical Education Previous Year Question Papers With Solutions
Previous Year Question Papers are one of the best study materials for the UGC NET Physical Education 2022 Exam.
The understanding of the kinds of questions asked makes the preparation more refined and target-oriented.
Solve the UGC NET Physical Education question papers at the beginning of your exam preparation to understand how a topic must be covered.
After completing each topic, solve the past year questions from the UGC NET Physical Education Previous Year Papers and make improvements.
It will save time in the long run and keep you focused.
UGC NET Physical Education Answer Key 2022
National Testing Agency releases the UGC NET Physical Education answer key online at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. You can download the UGC NET Answer Key 2022 with Question Paper and Response Sheet from direct link given below. Get here complete details for UGC NET answer key including the process to download the answer key, objection process, marking scheme, and other information.
In order to download the UGC NET Physical Education answer key, login with application number and either date of birth or password. The conducting body first publishes the provisional answer key followed by the final answer key.
Candidates who appeared for the UGC NET 2022 Physical Education exam can download the provisional answer key now and submit objections if they are not satisfied with any answer or question.UGC NET result is prepared based on the final answer key. For challenging the UGC NET answer key for Physical Education, candidates need to pay a fee of INR 1,000 per challenge.
How to download UGC NET Physical Education Answer Key 2022?
- Step 1: Log on to the official website of NTA UGC NET - https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on the answer key link available for the UGC NET exam
- Step 3: Click on any one of the login links:
- Through application number and password
- Through application number and date of birth
- Step 4: Enter the following details:
- Application number
- Date of birth or password
- Security pin as shown on the screen
- Step 5: Click on the Sign In button
- Step 6: Download UGC NET answer key, response sheet and question paper
Best Books For UGC NET Physical Education & Study Materials
Selecting the proper books for Physical Education is a kind of confusing task. First, you need to check the topics covered by the book. Then, make sure that it has covered the latest UGC NET Physical Education Syllabus.
It is important to start your Physical Education Exam preparation with high-quality UGC NET study materials. It will assist you in learning fundamental concepts easily and developing a depth base.
You can also refer to the UGC NET Books for Physical Education Exam from the below link:
UGC NET Physical Education Mock Test
While preparing for any exam, you should attempt a mock test to know your base level.
In simple words, UGC NET mock test 2022 will help you in getting used to the exam day scenario beforehand to avoid last-minute curtailments.
Mock tests are basically designed and conducted in such a way that it helps you in building concepts, preparing strategies, identifying your weaknesses, and taking steps to eliminate them by devising proper and timely strategies.
UGC NET Physical Education Exam Cut Off Marks
NTA releases the UGC NET Physical Education Cut Off marks after the declaration of results.
You have to obtain the minimum cut-off marks to get selected in the merit list. The merit list will be prepared category-wise and subject-wise for each subject.
Only the top 6% qualified candidates will be considered for the Junior Research Fellowship program.
Go through the UGC NET cut-off for Physical Education Paper 2020 from the table below (official) to get an idea for this year.
UGC NET Physical Education Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June
|UGC NET Physical Education Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
UGC NET Physical Education Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June
|UGC NET Physical Education Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
UGC NET Physical Education Preparation Tips
You already know that when you are preparing for UGC NET Physical Education Exams, it’s a milestone that needs to be achieved.
With a proper study plan and essential materials, you can score a better mark in the UGC NET Physical Education Exam.
We are providing the complete guide below to enhance your UGC NET 2022 Exam preparation.
- Start Preparation Early & Know the Complete UGC NET Physical Education Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- Select The Best UGC NET Physical Education Books For Paper I & Paper II
- Create a Solid UGC NET Physical Education Study Plan
- You should be Specific & Break into Achievable Target
- Make UGC NET Physical Education Notes & Solve More Problems
- Take Breaks & Stay Calm
- Stay Focused and Say No to distractions
- Eat Hygienically and Stay Healthy
- UGC NET Physical Education Question Papers
- Learn Time Management and Boost Your Speed
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Physical Education Exam 2022. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.