UGC NET German Exam 2022: National Eligibility Test known as UGC NET is conducted twice a year for the selection of deserving candidates for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian Govt. Universities and Colleges.
The subject code for German is 44. It comprises two online papers namely Paper-I & Paper-II with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)s.
If you want to start your career as a JRF or Assistant Professor, you should go for UGC NET 2022 Exam.
In this article, you will get a detailed guide on UGC NET German Exam 2022. And, also detailed Syllabus, Study Material, & Preparation Tips to crack the exam.
Why Choose UGC NET German?
UGC NET exam is quite popular among many postgraduate students. It provides you with numerous job opportunities in the field of teaching and research.
Apart from these two career options, you can also get a job in PSUs which consider the UGC-NET exam score to hire for certain posts.
The following list will help you know the amazing career scopes available after clearing UGC NET German Exam.
- Researcher in government institutes with advantages like many wonderful Scholarships & Fellowships offered by UGC to financially smoothen your journey.
- Doctorate degree in German
- Lecturer in any of the UGC Approved Universities.
- Counselor by developing your expertise in German
- Government jobs
UGC NET German Eligibility Criteria 2022
You must check the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria for German before filling the online Application Form.
You should meet all essential criteria as mentioned in Educational Qualification & Age Limit.
Educational Qualification for UGC NET German Exam 2022
- You have to complete Post-Graduation in German or another equivalent subject.
- If you are belonging to General Category, then you have to secure 55% in German or equivalent subjects, and for ST/SC/OBC/PWD/Transgenders, the percentage criteria are 50%.
UGC NET German Exam Age Limit 2022
- For UGC NET German JRF: 30 Years for General Category & Up to 5 Years of Age Relaxation in Other Categories.
- For UGC NET German Lectureship: No Upper Age Limit for NET Exam 2022 German Lectureship.
UGC NET German Syllabus 2022
UGC NET German Syllabus lets you know about the topics covered in the exam. You should know that the UGC NET German exam is divided into two parts, i.e., UGC NET Paper 1 & Paper 2.
UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus is common for all candidates, but paper 2 is based on German.
- Paper-I Syllabus covers teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- Paper-II Syllabus is based on German subjects. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
For your upcoming exam, you must go through the UGC NET Syllabus for German. So don't miss out on anything.
UGC NET German Syllabus for Paper 1
Here is the UGC NET German Exam Syllabus for Paper 1-
|Unit 1||Teaching Aptitude|
|Unit 2||Research Aptitude|
|Unit 3||Reading Comprehension|
|Unit 5||Reasoning (including Maths)|
|Unit 6||Logical Reasoning|
|Unit 7||Data Interpretation|
|Unit 8||Information & Communication Technology (ICT)|
|Unit 9||People & Environment|
Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration
UGC NET German Syllabus for Paper 2
The University Grants Commission (UGC) NET revised its syllabus for UGC NET in German in June, 2019 and the same syllabus will be applicable for the upcoming UGC NET / JRF and SET or SLET examination.
The details of the syllabus of Paper-2 can be downloaded in the pdf format from the following link:
UGC NET German Exam Pattern 2022
UGC NET Exam is a computer-based test having multiple-choice questions. UGC NET 2022 exam pattern will consist of details related to the UGC NET 2022 exam mode, the number of questions asked, sections, marking scheme, and more.
Check out the table below for a quick overview of the NTA NET German paper pattern:
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
UGC NET German Old Exam Pattern
You should know that till November 2017, UGC NET in German consists of three papers, i.e. paper-1, paper-2, and paper-3. Paper-1 was general and compulsory for all subjects, and paper-2 and paper-3 were based on German.
However, from June 2018, UGC NET in German consists of only two papers, i.e. paper-1 and paper-2 (merging the previous paper-2 and paper-3 into the current paper-2).
So, you are requested to go through the previous paper-2 and paper-3 to better prepare themselves for the current paper-2 in German.
UGC NET examination in German was conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) till June 2014. From December 2014 to June 2018 UGC NET exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary German (CBSE).
NTA started to conduct the exam from Dec. 2018 onwards.
UGC NET German Previous Year Question Papers With Solutions
UGC NET German Question Papers are the best resources to prepare better for the exam.
They not only help in evaluating the readiness for the exam but also help to get an idea about the entire exam structure like the pattern of exam, number of questions, weightage of sections, etc.
To get an idea of the UGC NET question paper, you have to practice the NET sample question papers.
Solving question papers will familiarise you with the difficulty level of questions, types of questions, common question topics. It will help you develop a plan for planning and practicing well.
Download UGC NET German Question Papers PDF with answer key solutions here.
UGC NET German Answer Key 2022
National Testing Agency releases the UGC NET German answer key online at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. You can download the UGC NET Answer Key 2022 with Question Paper and Response Sheet from direct link given below. Get here complete details for UGC NET answer key including the process to download the answer key, objection process, marking scheme, and other information.
In order to download the UGC NET German answer key, login with application number and either date of birth or password. The conducting body first publishes the provisional answer key followed by the final answer key.
Candidates who appeared for the UGC NET 2022 German exam can download the provisional answer key now and submit objections if they are not satisfied with any answer or question.UGC NET result is prepared based on the final answer key. For challenging the UGC NET answer key for German, candidates need to pay a fee of INR 1,000 per challenge.
How to download UGC NET German Answer Key 2022?
- Step 1: Log on to the official website of NTA UGC NET - https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on the answer key link available for the UGC NET exam
- Step 3: Click on any one of the login links:
- Through application number and password
- Through application number and date of birth
- Step 4: Enter the following details:
- Application number
- Date of birth or password
- Security pin as shown on the screen
- Step 5: Click on the Sign In button
- Step 6: Download UGC NET answer key, response sheet and question paper
Best Books For UGC NET German & Study Materials
It is important to start your German Exam preparation with high-quality UGC NET study materials. It will assist you in learning fundamental concepts easily and developing a depth base.
Selecting books with the latest edition can be beneficial as those UGC NET exam books will include the latest add-ons of the new topics which are added.
The author becomes renowned if his content is rich and provides data according to the reader’s need.
Those books that cover most of the topics or help you understand the syllabus easily and accurately will be called as best books for UGC NET preparation.
While selecting a book, you must check the author and try buying UGC NET exam books from well-known authors only.
You can also refer to the UGC NET Books for the German Exam from the below link:
UGC NET German Mock Test
Any exam preparation is incomplete without practicing the topics you are studying. For getting the best results, you need to test your preparation.
To have a fair understanding of the question paper pattern and marking scheme, it is recommended to take the mock tests of UGC NET German.
Practicing mock tests provides a better perspective of what kind of questions will appear in the exam. They also help in improving the score in competitive exams.
Through mock tests, you also get the opportunity to solve every question with a positive attitude.
UGC NET German Exam Cut Off Marks
NTA releases the UGC NET German Cut Off marks after the declaration of results.
You have to obtain the minimum cut-off marks to get selected in the merit list. The merit list will be prepared category-wise and subject-wise for each subject.
Only the top 6% qualified candidates will be considered for the Junior Research Fellowship program.
Go through the UGC NET Cut off for German Paper 2020 from the table below (official) to get an idea for this year.
UGC NET German Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June
|UGC NET German Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
UGC NET German Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June
|UGC NET German Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
UGC NET German Preparation Tips
You already know that when you are preparing for UGC NET German Exams, it’s a milestone that needs to be achieved.
With a proper study plan and essential materials, you can score a better mark in the UGC NET German Exam.
We are providing the complete UGC NET Preparation Tips below to enhance your UGC NET 2022 Exam preparation.
- Know the German syllabus and exam pattern to better understand the topics covered.
- Create a solid study plan thoroughly and ensure your plan contains enough time for revision and relaxation.
- Make notes while studying for a quick review of concepts.
- Revise as many times as possible to recollect the information easily on the day of the exam.
- Practice multiple UGC NET German past years’ question papers to get a clear idea of what to expect during the actual exam and avoids any surprise on the last day.
- Appearing for mock tests helps you to know the stand concerning your preparation.
- Learn time management to boost your speed to solve a problem.
- Eat healthy foods and stay relaxed.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET German Exam 2022. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.