UGC NET Forensic Science Exam 2022: National Eligibility Test known as UGC NET is conducted twice a year for the selection of deserving candidates for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian Govt. Universities and Colleges.
The subject code for Forensic Science is 82. It comprises two online papers namely Paper-I & Paper-II with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)s.
If you want to start your career as a JRF or Assistant Professor, you should go for UGC NET 2022 Exam.
In this article, you will get a detailed guide on UGC NET Forensic Science Exam 2022. And, also detailed Syllabus, Study Material, & Preparation Tips to crack the exam.
Why Choose UGC NET Forensic Science?
UGC NET exam is quite popular among many postgraduate students with career options as JRF & Lectureship, you will also get the other scopes and opportunities offered by various prestigious organizations.
The following list will help you know the amazing career scopes available after clearing UGC NET Forensic Science Exam.
- Researcher in government institutes with advantages like many wonderful Scholarships & Fellowships offered by UGC to financially smoothen your journey.
- Doctorate degree in Forensic Science
- Lecturer in any of the UGC Approved Universities.
- Counselor by developing your expertise in Forensic Science
- Government jobs
UGC NET Forensic Science Eligibility Criteria 2022
You must check the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria for Forensic Science before filling the online Application Form.
You should meet all essential criteria as mentioned in Educational Qualification & Age Limit.
Educational Qualification for UGC NET Forensic Science Exam 2022
- You have to complete Post-Graduation in Forensic Science or another equivalent subject.
- If you are belonging to General Category, then you have to secure 55% in Forensic Science or equivalent subject, and for ST/SC/OBC/PWD/Transgenders, the percentage criteria are 50%.
UGC NET Forensic Science Exam Age Limit 2022
- For UGC NET Forensic Science JRF: 30 Years for General Category & Up to 5 Years of Age Relaxation in Other Categories.
- For UGC NET Forensic Science Lectureship: No Upper Age Limit for NET Exam 2022 Forensic Science Lectureship.
UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus 2022
UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus lets you know about the topics covered in the exam. You should know that the UGC NET Forensic Science exam is divided into two parts, i.e., UGC NET Paper 1 & Paper 2.
UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus is common for all candidates, but paper 2 is based on Forensic Science.
- Paper-I Syllabus covers teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- Paper-II Syllabus is based on Forensic Science subject. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
For your upcoming exam, you must go through the UGC NET Syllabus for Forensic Science. So don't miss out on anything.
UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus for Paper 1
Here is the UGC NET Forensic Science Exam Syllabus for Paper 1-
|Unit 1||Teaching Aptitude|
|Unit 2||Research Aptitude|
|Unit 3||Reading Comprehension|
|Unit 5||Reasoning (including Maths)|
|Unit 6||Logical Reasoning|
|Unit 7||Data Interpretation|
|Unit 8||Information & Communication Technology (ICT)|
|Unit 9||People & Environment|
Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration
UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus for Paper 2
The University Grants Commission (UGC) NET revised its syllabus for UGC NET in Forensic Science in June 2019 and the same syllabus will be applicable for the upcoming UGC NET / JRF and SET or SLET examination.
Here is the UGC NET Forensic Science Exam Syllabus for Paper 2-
The details of the syllabus of Paper-2 can be downloaded in the pdf format from the following link:
UGC NET Forensic Science Exam Pattern 2022
UGC NET Exam is a computer-based test having multiple-choice questions. UGC NET Exam Pattern will consist of details related to the UGC NET 2022 exam mode, the number of questions asked, sections, marking scheme, and more.
Check out the table below for a quick overview of the NTA NET Forensic Science paper pattern:
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Overview||
UGC NET Paper-II Overview
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||
MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option
|Marking scheme||2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
2 marks for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
UGC NET Forensic Science Old Exam Pattern
You should know that till November 2017, UGC NET in Forensic Science consists of three papers, i.e. paper-1, paper-2, and paper-3. Paper-1 was general and compulsory for all subjects, and paper-2 and paper-3 were based on Forensic Science.
However, from June 2018, UGC NET in Forensic Science consists of only two papers, i.e. paper-1 and paper-2 (merging the previous paper-2 and paper-3 into the current paper-2).
So, you are requested to go through the previous paper-2 and paper-3 to better prepare themselves for the current paper-2 in Forensic Science.
UGC NET examination in Forensic Science was conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) till June 2014. From December 2014 to June 2018 UGC NET exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Forensic Science (CBSE).
NTA started to conduct the exam from Dec. 2018 onwards.
UGC NET Forensic Science Previous Year Question Papers With Solutions
Solving question papers will familiarise you with the difficulty level of questions, types of questions, common question topics.
To get an idea of the UGC NET Forensic Science question paper, you have to practice the NET previous year's question papers.
The UGC NET Forensic Science previous year's question papers provide valuable insights into the types of questions asked the exam pattern, and the weightage of different topics according to the syllabus.
Download UGC NET Question Papers PDF with answer key solutions here.
UGC NET Forensic Science Answer Key 2022
National Testing Agency releases the UGC NET Forensic Science answer key online at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. You can download the UGC NET Answer Key 2022 with Question Paper and Response Sheet from direct link given below. Get here complete details for UGC NET answer key including the process to download the answer key, objection process, marking scheme, and other information.
In order to download the UGC NET Forensic Science answer key, login with application number and either date of birth or password. The conducting body first publishes the provisional answer key followed by the final answer key.
Candidates who appeared for the UGC NET 2022 Forensic Science exam can download the provisional answer key now and submit objections if they are not satisfied with any answer or question.UGC NET result is prepared based on the final answer key. For challenging the UGC NET answer key for Forensic Science, candidates need to pay a fee of INR 1,000 per challenge.
How to download UGC NET Forensic Science Answer Key 2022?
- Step 1: Log on to the official website of NTA UGC NET - https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on the answer key link available for the UGC NET exam
- Step 3: Click on any one of the login links:
- Through application number and password
- Through application number and date of birth
- Step 4: Enter the following details:
- Application number
- Date of birth or password
- Security pin as shown on the screen
- Step 5: Click on the Sign In button
- Step 6: Download UGC NET answer key, response sheet and question paper
Best Books For UGC NET Forensic Science & Study Materials
You should be able to concentrate on your preparation without further delay once you find the correct books and preparatory material.
Choosing the correct UGC NET Forensic Science Books and study material without any further confusion should be the goal.
Make sure to check the books for the latest updated course content. The Books and study material chosen should be such that it is easy to learn & interpret.
You can also refer to the UGC NET Forensic Science Books for Forensic Science Exam from the below link:
UGC NET Forensic Science Mock Test
UGC NET Forensic Science practice tests offer a good amount of practice, which helps you during the exam.
Practicing mock tests increases the speed of problem-solving and helps you know in which subject you are weak. Mock test papers help you to calculate how much time each topic will take in the exam.
It also helps overcome the exam's phobias, such as over-excitement or nervousness in the exam. The more test you'll take, the better you'll understand your strong and weak areas.
Through mock tests, you also get the opportunity to solve every question with a positive attitude.
UGC NET Forensic Science Exam Cut Off Marks
NTA releases the UGC NET Forensic Science Cut-Off marks after the declaration of results.
You have to obtain the minimum cut-off marks to get selected in the merit list. The merit list will be prepared category-wise and subject-wise for each subject.
Only the top 6% qualified candidates will be considered for the Junior Research Fellowship program.
Go through the UGC NET Cut off for Forensic Science Paper 2020 from the table below (official) to get an idea for this year.
UGC NET Forensic Science Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June
|UGC NET Forensic Science Cut Off for Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
UGC NET Forensic Science Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June
|UGC NET Forensic Science Cut Off for JRF & Assistant Professor 2020 June|
|Category||Cutoff Marks Percentage||Total|
UGC NET Forensic Science Preparation Tips
You already know that when you are preparing for UGC NET Forensic Science Exams, it’s a milestone that needs to be achieved.
With a proper study plan and essential materials, you can score a better mark in the UGC NET Forensic Science Exam.
We are providing the complete UGC NET Preparation Tips below to enhance your UGC NET 2022 Exam preparation.
- Know the Forensic Science syllabus and exam pattern to better understand the topics covered.
- Create a solid study plan thoroughly and ensure your plan contains enough time for revision and relaxation.
- Make notes while studying for a quick review of concepts.
- Revise as many times as possible to recollect the information easily on the day of the exam.
- Practice multiple UGC NET Forensic Science past years’ question papers to get a clear idea of what to expect during the actual exam and avoids any surprise on the last day.
- Appearing for mock tests helps you to know the stand concerning your preparation.
- Learn time management to boost your speed to solve a problem.
- Eat healthy foods and stay relaxed.
We have covered the detailed guide on NTA UGC NET Forensic Science Exam 2022. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.